Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Share your way of dealing with the insane ehp of railjack ground enemies.

DarthIronclad

39 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Another good way to check... bring Helios and scan them. The space Grineer troops are all using Ferrite Armor/Cloned Flesh health/armor types, meaning they're vulnerable to the original damage group.

I agree that Helios is a fantastic tool, however a minor nitpick: RJ grineer have regular flesh, not cloned. No idea if that's intentional or not.

• Like 1

Rhino Stomp, Roar, and Paracesis. The high level ones just shrug off my Fulmin, and while my Kuva Dubba Stubbas armor strip very effectively, allowing me to swap to the Fulmin and finish them off, ammo can become an issue on the Stubbas. Paracesis just takes care of them, so I often just default to that for Veil enemies.

On 2019-12-21 at 9:48 AM, DarthIronclad said:

What are your ways of dealing with the ground based railjack enemies...they are already know for having insane ehp

Taking a RJ Elite lancer,if the base level is 15(same as normal elite lancers),at level 90(should be highest RJ ground enemy level),it has a absurd ehp of 1715628!

A same level corrupted heavy gunner has an EHP of 1517822...basically a non heavy unit has more EHP than a heavy unit...

On to my personal way of dealing with the insane EHP values,i will go with inaros,using his 1 to blind the enemies,causing them to take stealth damage from melee weapons,at this point most melees properly build should be able to take them out fairly quickly due to the stealth damage bonus,i would recommend that the melee your choose can do red crits and 100% status with enough base crit ad status chance through the use of blood rush and weeping wounds. 

Checklist:

4x Corrosive Projection.

Fragor Prime: Corrupt Charge, Amalgam Organ Shatter, Killing Blow, Viral (Radiation or Corrosive if less than 4x Corpro), Sac Steel, P Reach, P Pressure Point.

A single heavy attack will oneshot crew members and boarding parties effortlessly.

Edited by veryhighcholesterol

Inaros so I don't die and can lock the enemies down for a few seconds with pocket sand, then slash them to pieces with Nikana Prime (hybrid crit/status build with corrosive for armor removal in case the party doesn't all have corrosive projection) and let the slash procs do most of the work against the standard enemies. Against the commanders, just keep cutting and they'll die eventually.

On 2019-12-22 at 11:36 AM, SordidDreams said:

I agree that Helios is a fantastic tool, however a minor nitpick: RJ grineer have regular flesh, not cloned. No idea if that's intentional or not.

Yeah, I found that weird too. The ships are also robotic health.

Not cloned flesh (like the other Grineer ships), not machinery (like the machine based enemies/enemy), but instead Corpus robotic health for Grineer ships in RJ. Seems REALLY awkward that the one enemy type that isn't a roller that machinery health would fit instead uses Corpus stats.

I run Lesion with a Slash Gas status build, melts anything in front of it nigh instantly, plus it's easy to get and you only need one dual status mod or Weeping wounds to make it crazy strong. I run Volt with 250 or 280% range, depending on my mood. Everything on the Ship gets CC'd and I see damage numbers to tell where they are. 

When I'm boarding I ignore them because they don't matter, run into reactor room, go kiddo+invis, disable reactor shielding then shoot reactor until kiddo dies and finish off with my gun before kiddo'ing out the back. Kiddo is busted and you should use it whenever you need it. Now, to be fair, when I'm invading a crewship it's usually because no one else is taking them out and it's pounding the heck out of the ship so I, as the engineer, repair a minor breach then exit and run over as fast as possible, time is of the essence for me.

Clever note, if you ever need more time to do something as the engineer you can repair a minor breach which will heal the ship by a little, this does NOT end the catastrophic event, when the ship gets back to catastrophic health levels the 1 minute timer will reset to full again. This isn't quite as effective as repairing a major breach but it can be used to potentially decrease your revolite usage in a pitched battle if there is a calm moment. Is it more effective than just repairing a major breach? Situational.

40 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

Yeah, I found that weird too. The ships are also robotic health.

Not cloned flesh (like the other Grineer ships), not machinery (like the machine based enemies/enemy), but instead Corpus robotic health for Grineer ships in RJ. Seems REALLY awkward that the one enemy type that isn't a roller that machinery health would fit instead uses Corpus stats.

Yeah, it is odd. Then again, if you look at a mob def computer console through the scanner, it also has flesh health. So there's that. At the end of the day they're just sets of vulnerabilities and resistances

• Like 1

Earth ones aren't so bad, Saturn ones are roughly as bad as Sortie 3 enemies IMO. Veil Proxima though.. them bois are tough. I usually just keep them perpetually CC'd with Rhino Stomp while I repair any Catastrophic Breaches. there are probably a few melee setups that work, but I'm too busy either repairing, piloting, gunning or taking down Crewships/objectives to deal with Boarders, which someone else usually takes care of.

pro tip: Specters can be used while in a Railjack, and they work as normal, so you can put one in the center room, tell it to hold position and it will help with any Boarders.

I been meleeing em. Hate scythe heavy attack build with some good reach make short work of the toughest of borders. The actual objectives where we gotta go into the base I treat as any other objective type mission. Run by em and do what you gotta do, Then run back. Then run by em again. Use wisp to blind em and they stand no chance.