Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any info how or which archgun to build for railjack?

(PSN)Midcall

Question

23 answers to this question

Hello.

Well, for my part, I played a lot with Imperator Vandal, thinking it was a good pick. Doing damage, but finally not enough. I tried a few other, but without any success. Some people told me Cyngas, but i'm lazy to try. But yesterday, re-reading the wiki for the x times, i found out one outstanding weapon.

The Phaedra.

Indeed, the Phaedra has a high fire rate, low crit chance, high status chances, and mainly puncture. So overall, it's a S#&$ tier weapon.

BUT

In railjack, the combined elementary are not calculated in the status chances weight. So building your Phaedra with Rad+Viral will only boost and force procc the Puncture status.

And the Puncture status is changed into railjack, it become plasma, which is the equivalent of Corrosive.
Meaning you now have a high fire rate; high status, high damage, only corrosive, weapon. Which is really good for railjack. it melts everything (crewship included, even though you cant kill them yourself

Both Phaedra and Cyngas are the #1 RJ archgun now.

The core is 4x 60/60 elemental mods. Other slots increase base weapon damage (multishot/firerate/crit chance/damage)

There is a reason why many people prefer Cyngas over Phaedra, despite Phaedra has higher firerate.

because cyngas:
- has 5% higher base status chance
- reloads almost instantly (0.6 seconds) vs Phaedra's 5 seconds reload
- has much higher accuracy (25 vs 10.5)
- slash proc (Particle in RJ), enemy ship receives increased damage, one of the the best procs in RJ on higher levels.
- fire type is burst vs Auto-Spool (similar to soma)

Edited by SHArK-FiN

All the fighters are weak to radiation at 75% of value according to codex, just mod for radiation, similar to Eidolons of Tricap. I also recommend cold damage and some status chance in the weapon too, so you can slow the fighters down with cold procs from slow effect. So both radiation and cold is what I used on Phaedra.

I used to run corrosive and cold and man, when I changed to radiation and cold it was a huge difference in the veil railjack missions.

Edited by CrystalSpark

1 minute ago, CrystalSpark said:

All the fighters are weak to radiation at 75% of value according to codex, just mod for radiation.

also according to wiki:
"Secondary elemental damage types ( Blast,  Corrosive,  Gas,  Magnetic,  Radiation, and  Viral) are not converted and can not proc a status effect on enemies in Empyrean Archwing mode. Secondary elemental types do increase total damage, they are not however, included in the calculation for status proc weightings."

3 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

also according to wiki:
"Secondary elemental damage types ( Blast,  Corrosive,  Gas,  Magnetic,  Radiation, and  Viral) are not converted and can not proc a status effect on enemies in Empyrean Archwing mode. Secondary elemental types do increase total damage, they are not however, included in the calculation for status proc weightings."

Test it out yourself, can't trust the authorities all of the time, they actually get chilled (turn white and slow down) from cold procs on my archgun weapon, I used to doubt it myself too until I actually field tested it...ain't hard to test...Also, that referenced resource doesn't mention cold procs, specifically...just saying...

Now for radiation procs, they of course don't proc and don't matter in the first place...

Edited by CrystalSpark

Just now, CrystalSpark said:

Test it out yourself, can't trust the authorities all of the time, they actually get chilled (turn white and slow down) from cold procs on my archgun weapon, I used to doubt it myself too until I actually field tested it...ain't hard to test...

yea because primary elemental damage types still proc, which includes heat, electricity, toxic and cold.

For cold, it will slow down the ship to a stop.

9 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

also according to wiki:

5 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

yea because primary elemental damage types still proc, which includes heat, electricity, toxic and cold.

For cold, it will slow down the ship to a stop.

Oh you referenced the radiation part of my quote, which doesn't make sense as well. I was talking about damage weaknesses not in regards to status effects, read the basics of damage weaknesses in damage 2.0 in the wiki. Damage weakness have absolutely nothing to do with status procs or effect or anything in regards to the word "status."

When an enemy like Eidolons from tricap is 75% (three +'s) weak from radiation, radiation damage penetrates 75% of the armor value of the enemy and also gets boosted in damage by 75%, it's a pretty huge deal, folks...it's why radiation damage is meta for tricap in the first place.

10 minutes ago, CrystalSpark said:

All the fighters are weak to radiation at 75% of value according to codex, just mod for radiation.

Edited by CrystalSpark

4 minutes ago, CrystalSpark said:

Oh you referenced the radiation part of my quote, which doesn't make sense as well. I was talking about damage weaknesses not in regards to status effects, read the basics of damage weaknesses in damage 2.0 in the wiki. Damage weakness have absolutely nothing to do with status procs or effect or anything in regards to the word "status."

The reason behind having 4x 60/60 is to favor from the +240% status chance. As that will help on proc-ing the archgun damage type (i.e. slash for syngas, or puncture for Phaedra)

And that will be converted to corresponding status effects in empyrean missions.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

14 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

The reason behind having 4x 60/60 is to favor from the +240% status chance. As that will help on procing the archgun damage type (i.e. slash for syngas, or puncture for Phaedra)

And that will be converted to corresponding status effects in empyrean missions.

Yeah, I know, I'm saying radiation damage is simply more effective that any of that status jazz, I'm using 3 dual status mods as well because I'm typically status build biased...so why not use both methods?

What's wrong with high damage output? Just saying...

I never literally said anything is wrong with the x4 of 60/60 dual status mods, I'm just implying "now" it's not enough...

Honestly, though, now that you brought it out, a crit build with focus on radiation damage will still kill them faster than the damage builds influenced from the status effects of puncture and slash. I didn't try with imperal vandal yet, because I lack a riven on it and have a decent riven on my phaedra, but imperal vandal should work with radiation and cold, along with crit pretty well.

Damage weaknesses of the grineer fighters of codex: https://imgur.com/a/hpNbcF0

Edited by CrystalSpark

vor 32 Minuten schrieb CrystalSpark:

Yeah, I know, I'm saying radiation damage is simply more effective that any of that status jazz, I'm using 3 dual status mods as well because I'm typically status build biased...so why not use both methods?

What's wrong with high damage output? Just saying...

I never literally said anything is wrong with the x4 of 60/60 dual status mods, I'm just implying "now" it's not enough...

Honestly, though, now that you brought it out, a crit build with focus on radiation damage will still kill them faster than the damage builds influenced from the status effects of puncture and slash. I didn't try with imperal vandal yet, because I lack a riven on it and have a decent riven on my phaedra, but imperal vandal should work with radiation and cold, along with crit pretty well.

Damage weaknesses of the grineer fighters of codex: https://imgur.com/a/hpNbcF0

How does a decent riven for those weapons actually look like ? What stats i should i aim for in first place? I think i got a unrolled cynga somewhere.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Midcall said:

How does a decent riven for those weapons actually look like ? What stats i should i aim for in first place? I think i got a unrolled cynga somewhere.

For the railjack grineer meta, I would suggest electric or heat, especially electric because it can be converted into either radiation or corrosive (for maybe later railjack missions). And then for secondary stats either crit chance/crit dmg for imperator vandal or multishot/dmg for phaedra or cyngas.

Radiation damage gets boosted by 75% and then ignores 75% of the armor base of the railjack fighter (space ships) enemies, just like tricap Eidolons. So you want as much radiation damage as possible to get high dps.

I was running a status build with corrosive and blast, but with the radiation build you kill them before you would do enough debuffs from the status effects to kill them as corrosive+status build.

Until the fighters have diverse damage weaknesses, this is the most optimal way of dealing damage to these enemies...it even beats the mk3 frost and apoc railjack gun for me...

Edited by CrystalSpark

5 hours ago, (PS4)Midcall said:

Godly roll would be multishot and fire rate to pump out as much status as possible, reload speed on Phaedra or mag size on Cyngas, negative ammo max (does nothing in archwing). Ignore the temptation to go for crit, damage, damage to grineer, elemental damage; stacking status procs far outweighs the benefit from those.

Though this comes with the caveat that stacking status is so OP that I wouldn't be surprised if it got nerfed pretty soon, so maybe don't go crazy when rolling/buying those rivens.

Edited by SordidDreams

7 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Godly roll would be multishot and fire rate to pump out as much status as possible, reload speed on Phaedra or mag size on Cyngas, negative ammo max (does nothing in archwing). Ignore the temptation to go for crit, damage, damage to grineer, elemental damage; stacking status procs far outweighs the benefit from those.

Though this comes with the caveat that stacking status is so OP that I wouldn't be surprised if it got nerfed pretty soon, so maybe don't go crazy when rolling/buying those rivens.

Would be the best tactic, it's probably the second best tactic of the meta for now, if all of the enemies had diverse damage weaknesses like the normal ground units...Status effect meta builds are typically used to find a workaround of the high armor values of enemies, which isn't bad and is typically regarded as generic damage builds. All of these fighter enemies have the same weakness, so using the correct damage type would be highly beneficial. If we could do status effects on tricap Eidolons, radiation crit damage builds would still be superior. 

Edited by CrystalSpark

39 minutes ago, CrystalSpark said:

Would be the best tactic, it's probably the second best tactic of the meta for now, if all of the enemies had diverse damage weaknesses like the normal ground units...Status effect meta builds are typically used to find a workaround of the high armor values of enemies, which isn't bad and is typically regarded as generic damage builds. All of these fighter enemies have the same weakness, so using the correct damage type would be highly beneficial.

Damage types don't matter much, since combined elements get separated out into base ones anyway. The Cyngas uses all four dual stats, so it literally doesn't matter which order you put them in. The Phaedra uses three + Marked Target, so just make sure to leave out electricity. Go for radiation. That said, when shooting Veil fighters with my Cyngas I'm doing about 7 per bullet on the first shot and about 1500 per bullet on the last just before the target dies, so... yeah, status way OP, whatever minor bonus you get from base elements won't make much of a difference.

Edited by SordidDreams

8 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Damage types don't matter much, since combined elements get separated out into base ones anyway.

So you mean the radiation dmg will turn into heat and electric during the railjack missions? Where did you get this idea? Because when I use radiation dmg with high status on railjack missions, I don't inflict either electric or heat procs instead of no elemental effect, so that cannot be true. Why would DE make all of the railjack fighters weak to radiation if I can't actually use radiation damage, you might as well make them have no weaknesses, DE aren't that moronic.

You guys seriously need to add radiation damage onto your current builds and test it out, it'll be noticeable.

Edited by CrystalSpark

Just now, CrystalSpark said:

So you mean the radiation dmg will turn into heat and electric during the railjack missions? Where did you get this idea? Because when I use radiation dmg with high status, I don't inflict either electric or heat procs, so that cannot be true.

Well I based that on the update patch notes, according to which combined elements literally do not exist in railjack. But having tested it just now, turns out you're right, enemy fighters do take more damage from radiation than from other elements. So thank you. Sure would be nice if devs didn't post falsehoods on the forums. That said, I stand by what I said - the damage multiplication from status is king and far more important than elemental damage. I was able to clear Veil very easily even with the wrong elements due to it.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Tbh, this supports more build for Raw Dmg then Status.

No, it doesn't. If i replace my dual stats with 90% elementals and get rid of my base status using a -status riven, I have way more base damage but do basically nothing to enemies.

Edited by SordidDreams

8 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

No, it doesn't. If i replace my dual stats with 90% elementals and get rid of my base status using a -status riven, I have way more base damage but do basically nothing to enemies.

The Elements are in base Dmg, you will not get speciffic effect, when Status chance is equal to 0, from those Elements. According to this:

On 2019-12-21 at 8:35 PM, SHArK-FiN said:

also according to wiki:

Example: Archgun modded for Radiation and Cold. You can see Freeze effect from Cold, but not Confusion from Radiation, not even Tesla chain and Ignite, if, as someone stated, Radiation splits to Electricity and Heat.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

On 2019-12-22 at 3:24 PM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

The Elements are in base Dmg, you will not get speciffic effect, when Status chance is equal to 0, from those Elements. According to this:

Example: Archgun modded for Radiation and Cold. You can see Freeze effect from Cold, but not Confusion from Radiation, not even Tesla chain and Ignite, if, as someone stated, Radiation splits to Electricity and Heat.

The thing I don't think you understand is that elements are a proportion of a weapon's damage even when they're NOT PROCCING. Radiation damage doesn't have to turn into 'base damage' to not proc, it can not proc by simply being made to not proc. Radiation's appeal is that as a damage type it's strong against stuff like grineer, which has nothing to do with proccing.

The percentage of the gun's damage that's radiation will also be a percentage that itself is multiplied by... like 75%? Same principle as people building radiation for eidolons even though no status procs work on eidolons, it just does more damage due to type weakness.

And y'know, dual stats specifically not being able to proc is great in this case, because radiation proc sucks, it's the damage type that's good, and it not proccing means things like puncture and slash can proc more often while also getting the damage type benefit of rad.

I guess I'm the only person running a velocitus? 

I don't have all the 60/60 mods. 

I use it to 2 shot veil fighters, and most importantly, proc chemical status on crew ships. Works best if missile platforms or ship killer platforms are there. As crew ships in repair phase do not move or shoot. 

For everything else, go with what everyone is saying. 

I've been using Phaedra with heat and viral damage.  Dual rounds, automatic trigger, status mods, and extended magazine.   I know the magazine size is already pretty big, I just like it bigger, means I can kill 3-4 fighters before I have to reload.  Everyone keeps mentioning cyngas, but I need to trade for one more part to build it.  A part from a faction I'm KOS with.

I've tried radiation and cold as everyone is suggested, I wasn't impressed.  The heat/viral tore the same level fighters in the same node much faster.  I'm using an Amesha archwing, so I already slow stuff down, the cold proc is not needed.

by the way, if no one has noticed, if you are directly behind a fighter and shoot them in the engines, you crit like crazy.   And with an Amesha archwing slowing them down, flying directly behind them is super easy to do. My biggest problem is not overshooting them, they fly so slow with Amesha's 3rd up.

Edited by Geadmon