Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Great weapons for sorties?

WyvernBoi121

Question

13 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, WyvernBoi121 said:

weapon

That's not gonna matter half as much as what Mods you're using, though.

You could look up builds for weapons you own (e.g. on Warframe Builder),
then use the Wiki to find where to get the Mods you're missing.

But sure, as for MR6-or-lower weapon suggestions, how 'bout ...

Dread
Hek
Kohm
Scourge
Soma
Tonkor
Vectis

Atomos
Kulstar
Plinx
Sonicor

... and pretty much any Melee really, I don't think there are many true stinkers left there now 😛

I highly don't recommend sonicor...lol, might work for below lvl 50 enemies, but not heavy units at lvl 100. And yes, I tested that weapon enough, it was more for the meta of rag-dolling enemies outside of the map to get instant deaths in the past, staticor is similar and is a better weapon, but is above mr 6, I think. Basically just get guns that have high base damage for now like hek or normal strun (mr 0 weapon I believe). Weapons like bows such as dread have high damage output, but are harder to use than hitscan guns. I recommend a shotgun mainly, since they typically do decent raw DPS without many mods necessary, but they have falloff damage so you have to shoot close to the enemies. Sniping far away isn't really a meta in sorties because the missions are typically fast paced and are in close-quarters. Melee weapons are of course very strong atm in the current meta, especially the critical types ones. The easiest way to do endgame damage is honestly using crit or hybrid (crit and status) melee, doesn't require rivens either. 

I'll just make it easy for you and tell you what to bring for a MR 6, Primary: Hek, Secondary: most of them suck at this MR range, so I would just get a normal single-handed Furis with winds of purity augment from syndicates, so then you have lifesteal, so you can heal yourself. For melee, anything with decent crit stats is good such as Dual ichor, Dark split-sword, and Okina. You can also put on life strike mod on melee too, to heal yourself. I know healing oneself is very hard in the lower MRs or when you just started the game.

Edited by CrystalSpark

If you can make your way up to Mastery 8, the Fulmin is a very strong primary with high stats and auto-recharging ammo. It doesn't come with any polarities, so you'll have to Forma it a few times, but it's easily one of my favorite weapons in the game and I use it for almost everything, including sorties.

Edited by Ailith

There's also scattered justice augment from steel merdian syndicate for the normal hek, which adds 200% multishot, but isn't equippable on the vaykor hek. Fulmin is a very fine choice, but you of course gotta reach mr 8. Players still debate wherever normal hek with scatter justice augment (status focus) is better or worse than crit build vaykor hek with hunter munitions, so don't worry about investing heavily into a normal hek, it is an endgame weapon. I personally lack a normal hek and have a vaykor hek instead, but both in theory should do well in levels around 100. I just prefer vaykor hek for quality of life reasons such as double magazine clip size of 8 from 4.

Edited by CrystalSpark

31 minutes ago, WyvernBoi121 said:

So any advice for a starter sortie weapon?

While I will give suggestions in a sec, you also need to keep in mind: Sorties sometimes have Weapon Restrictions. You could pump all your time and effort into an amazing Sniper Rifle only to find yourself in a "Shotgun Only" Sortie one day

As for weapons you're allowed to use at MR6, here's a quick list of good ones:

Assault Rifle: Soma, Flux Rifle, Sybaris
Bow: Dread
Sniper Rifle: Snipetron Vandal, Rubico
Shotgun: Hek
Pistol: Azima, Zylok
Melee: Almost anything, thanks to the melee rework

Maximize your crit chance and do your best to stay alive as you go for headshots

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

While I will give suggestions in a sec, you also need to keep in mind: Sorties sometimes have Weapon Restrictions. You could pump all your time and effort into an amazing Sniper Rifle only to find yourself in a "Shotgun Only" Sortie one day

Maximize your crit chance and do your best to stay alive as you go for headshots

This guy is right, you need to invest in all weapon types at least to do sorties in a consistent and reliable daily basis.

1 час назад, CrystalSpark сказал:

This guy is right, you need to invest in all weapon types at least to do sorties in a consistent and reliable daily basis

Meh, just use mesa or wukong with mk1 weapon of needed type. 

Ps. Why there is no auto multi post >_<

Edited by punish_me

4 hours ago, WyvernBoi121 said:

I am an mr 6 and would like to try to complete a sortie. So any advice for a starter sortie weapon?

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

The above post is about it for the weapons that will serve you well.

A pimped out Prisma Gorgon will also wipe the floor with 100+ enemies with the right config loadout. 😛 I built mine up to annoy clan mates who reckon my Gorgon is rubbish. 😉

Also if you're in a Clan there are a lot of weapons in each lab worthy of building and keeping.

On 2019-12-21 at 11:18 AM, CrystalSpark said:

I highly don't recommend sonicor...lol, might work for below lvl 50 enemies, but not heavy units at lvl 100.

Sonicor is a funny one.  I'd never recommend it in a thread like this unless something the OP said made me think they were looking for something creative.  It's not good at killing things (directly) which is how most people approach the game.  (And for good reason.)

But the Sonicor  is good for  CC, for setting up finishers, and for occasionally knocking enemies into the abyss which can be nice alternate ways to slum some content.  Best of all for somebody new, it doesn't require mods or a catalyst to do any of that.

At MR6 you might also want to look into bringing Rhino or Valkyr as a crutch to get through some sorties, I know when I was low MR and they released sorties for the first time I used Valkyr to get through many a situation that would have ended me because of her 4's invulnerability and good melee damage. At MR6 you should have already arrived/passed Jupiter where you beat the boss to get Valkyr parts.

For damage, as was mentioned, any melee weapon with your better mods on it. Ranged weapons should be the Hek as it works on every faction with whatever mods you have. If it's a grineer sortie then get a weapon with a good status chance and put heat or Corrosive on it. For Corpus try to go for Critical chance, same with infested, though you might want to use your melee even more with infested.