Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New controller issues for fishing

(PSN)UBCSBoomDaddy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem in plains. I have melee bound to R1 and consumables on circle. This supposed fishing menu on hold R1 only results in a heavy melee attack. No option to bind for 'fishing menu' so, what do I even do? 

Edit: So it turns out this unnecessary convoluted UI change is bound to another, unnecessary convoluted UI change. The ability menu. Just bind a holdable button to ability menu, and you can use that button to fish.

Edited by (PS4)call-mespartacus
Offering solutions, venting frustrations
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-01-02 at 3:32 AM, (PS4)call-mespartacus said:

I'm having the same problem in plains. I have melee bound to R1 and consumables on circle. This supposed fishing menu on hold R1 only results in a heavy melee attack. No option to bind for 'fishing menu' so, what do I even do? 

Edit: So it turns out this unnecessary convoluted UI change is bound to another, unnecessary convoluted UI change. The ability menu. Just bind a holdable button to ability menu, and you can use that button to fish.

Nice find, but sadly this isnt a solution for me because I dont use the ability menu at all and the PS4 only has so many buttons 😞

Until they sort this out properly is totally messes with any fishing or conservation I want to do.

• Like 1

YES!
The Fishing Menu is Inaccessible on the Ps4 and its Bugging me!

The spear menu/control used for the consumables is mapped to **HOLD the Slide Left movement using the Touchpad**. This action however cannot be performed on the ps4. Holding the touchpad acts as a pushdown on the controller which causes the operator to pop out.

This makes the Nightwave challenge currently impossible and therefore impeding progress for all PS4 Players!

I've tried remapping but we don't have access to that function. I restored my controls to Default but it doesn't make a difference either. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2020-01-01 at 7:32 PM, (PS4)call-mespartacus said:

I have this same exact setup.  I do not use the Ability Menu button--my abilities are bound to the Cross-Pad because the Swipe Pad is, and always has been since I started playing back in 2014, completely unreliable in terms of being able to accurately and consistently activate a specific ability at any given time... not to mention, since the introduction of abilities with "press-and-hold" functionality such as Ivara's Quiver, Vauban's Minelayer, Wisp's Reservoirs, etc, trying to use the Swipe Pad with those types of abilities is about as effective as trying to bite your own ear (how does one, exactly, press-and-hold a swipe?)

I might CONSIDER mapping the Ability Menu button somewhere in my controller setup *IF* DE would make it so that, when configuring the button settings for the Ability Menu, you could assign abilities to the Cross-Pad directions--as it stands now, you can ONLY map abilities in the Ability Menu to the Triangle, Square, Circle and X buttons!  And the Cross-Pad?  Well, the ONLY thing you're allowed to assign to any of the 4 Cross-Pad directions is either:
(1) Focus and Transference, or (2) Tactical Menu.  THAT'S ITWHY SO LIMITING, DE??????

On 2020-02-08 at 6:56 PM, (PS4)PS_element said:

I don't understand why I can't see the Replies to this Post But the issue has Been addressed. Switching the controls to Default now allows you to access the Fishing Menus on PS4. YAY!!! I'm sorry I took so Long to put this info up. I was too busy Fishing in Warframe. haha!!
Thanks DE!!!

I'm sorry, but I do not find this "solution" to be anything to cheer about. 

I have been playing this game since the launch of the PS4, and I have the controller configured in a way that works reliably for me (which is not much different than the ORIGINAL default controller setup).  So having to move my Melee Attack button to somewhere other than R1 because DE insists that I throw six years of muscle-memory to the wind and utilize (read: be hobbled and limited by) their new "flavor of the month" controller setup just to be able to do what I ALREADY USED TO BE ABLE TO DO before they screwed around with the controller setup (AGAIN!) ... no.  This is NOT acceptable. 

There is an old adage about fixing things that aren't broken that comes to mind here.  As Angry Joe so succinctly puts it... YOU DONE F'D IT UP!

NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW!

Edited by (PS4)Knightfyre
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i have 2 consoles, one of them has the new ui but the one im on now has the old ui, so im trying to figure out why, im thinking this is a bug that didn't affect every console, i think i might create a support ticket and have de actually look into it, if a solution is found to change the ui back to the way it was ill update this post

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes this is still a very tedious issue that took me about 30min to get working by unbinding my melee from r1, putting the ability menue there and mapping the ablities to the shape buttons. So basically had to ruin any chance of me effectively using my rail jack tactical menue to use it as a work around to fish. please any staff who reads this add a menu option to toggle the old gear menus or let us individually add all the fishing/ hunting stuff to the gear wheel or please help us who still use controls similar to launch controls use these new menus without having to remap all the time.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Okay, so I accidentally reset all my custom controls the other day and couldn't switch baits or anything while fishing because I set my R1/RB to melee instead of the ability menu, but I think I may have figured out what was wrong for me. For me it kept showing " hold R1/RB" but I had switched that back to my melee, so I would melee instead. Well, I got to playing with it and I switched my ability menu key/button to right on the direction pad. While fishing I seen it still said "hold R1/RB" for action (which confused me.). I held right on my direction pad instead and the menu worked and now it says, "Hold right direction pad for action" Sorry I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I hope it does! <3 

TL:DR

Try holding your binded ability key/button instead of the default showing on screen to update on screen button menu dialogue.