Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunnery lvl 10

Gasau

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

Honestly, I saw this coming. The description said "snap to the nearest target indicator", not "lock on to the enemy", so I imagined it would work somewhat like quickscoping in other games.

I saw this coming too, of course they weren't gonna make an aimbot, don't be stupid people

• Like 1

2 минуты назад, Bonfire сказал:

Would it be possible to test this from the side gun seat? Could be that it functions differently in the pilot spot.

no, it work the same way. 0.5 sec and drop.

Edited by Gasau

Только что, Kaotyke сказал:

Because it can be easily macro'd and make a script play the game for you.

Make it energy cost and let it work like mesa 4? You see a lot of mesa macro bots?

Again its not worth 512 in current state.

I wouldn’t even take it for free if I knew that this thing complicate aiming. This is a penalty, not a reward.

7 minutes ago, Gasau said:

Make it energy cost and let it work like mesa 4? You see a lot of mesa macro bots?

Oh, I used to.

When Mesa's 4th power was 360º "Shot everything that walks into Line of Sight", those are not seen anymore because you have to look in the direction of the enemy for her to shoot.

And cost energy of the ship? No. Just no.

9 minutes ago, Gasau said:

Again its not worth 512 in current state.

I wouldn’t even take it for free if I knew that this thing complicate aiming. This is a penalty, not a reward

Sure, its what you think. You're the one who has it.

But I have to wonder on this making aiming more complicated when it helps me lead on the target.

9 минут назад, Kaotyke сказал:

Oh, I used to.

When Mesa's 4th power was 360º "Shot everything that walks into Line of Sight", those are not seen anymore because you have to look in the direction of the enemy for her to shoot.

And cost energy of the ship? No. Just no.

Sure, its what you think. You're the one who has it.

But I have to wonder on this making aiming more complicated when it helps me lead on the target.

well go ahead farm those 512

Tell me what you gonna fell after and how its help you aim. 🙄

57 minutes ago, Gasau said:

Warframe is PVE why not?

Because aimbot is playing the game for you

43 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

mesa...?

tbh considering the cost, I was thinking it would be aimbot lmao

Which is why mesa was nerfed & now has a ring that shrinks which also increases her damage

Actually it could be simple: "become an aimbot gunner for increased value of overheat (raising each second/shot while using it), you activate it by holding shift when shooting" so it would be for easy aiming, but for more limited time and only when you chose to use it.

Would make life easier on hitting manouvering ships, but also add more skill reliant use to not get locked really fast due to increased overheat. Would also be a worthy addition for a freaking master gunner. 

Right now all weapons are projectiles so it must be kinda strange to operate. I would like to see how it would work on a ship that is flying side by side with railjack so the target cross and target are heavily misalligned. Would it just take your cursor to the ship every second or more for half a second and afterwards you need to get back to align fire to the cross? If thats a yes its definetely a must skip mechanic. 

• Like 1

Why not let Gunnery 10 be an aimbot, for 512 intrinsics?  We're gonna get AI controlled turrets anyway, what's the difference here?

And before someone chews me out, no, AI can't predict shots well enough to be better than a person in space combat with projectiles.  Erratic movement is their bane.

Edited by PhoenixFury
  • Like 5

Yeah, they could.  They intend to give us syndicate members and our converted Kuva lich to help run the ship to allow for 'viable solo play'.  This would allow NPCs to operate parts of the ship to assist you in completing the mission, among which the absolute easiest to program is the turrets and maybe damage control and boarding repulsion.

I somehow doubt we'll get NPC away teams or pilots, but NPC damage control and turrets?  You can probably bet on it.

• Like 2