Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunnery lvl 10

Gasau

In order to *not* complicate aiming, and also not a Mesa macro spam, perhaps the projectiles launched could gain slight homing? As in, instead of a tiny crosshair, the crosshair is much, much bigger, with all shots inside of said mark hitting targets within it. Having played No Man's Sky through the roof, leading the target even before having a crosshair wasn't difficult. (having it is nice, though!) This is especially true if you fly and boost fly backwards while facing the enemy... they simply stay in one spot, effectively. XD

6 hours ago, Gasau said:

After reading the description of level 10, I thought - Wow is that aimbot ?!

After days of grind i finaly got it aaaaaaaaaaand....

1. Its work only with projectile weapons

2. the lock on works 0.5 seconds

Yes, you read it right.

All this ability for 512 Intrinsics give you lock on for 0.5 seconds. Its work the same way on side guns and nothing more.

Its a joke. I feel my self like an idiot. Farm days for a bad joke. This is the biggest slap I’ve ever got in this game.

To be fair, it was not a waste, you will get an item to relocate all those in the future, likely into command ;)

12 hours ago, Gasau said:

After reading the description of level 10, I thought - Wow is that aimbot ?!

After days of grind i finaly got it aaaaaaaaaaand....

1. Its work only with projectile weapons

2. the lock on works 0.5 seconds

Yes, you read it right.

All this ability for 512 Intrinsics give you lock on for 0.5 seconds. Its work the same way on side guns and nothing more.

Its a joke. I feel my self like an idiot. Farm days for a bad joke. This is the biggest slap I’ve ever got in this game.

Damn thats rough. Thanks for the heads up though.

Gimballed weaponry is what gunnery 10 should be, where you point your crosshair onto a target and locks the gun's aim to its lead indicator (or for hitscan/beam weapons, the actual target) until the enemy moves away from the crosshair. That way you still need to acquire your target but you don't have to squint into the distance just to land hits on a tiny pixel. It's essentially mesa's peacemaker when at minimum reticle size.

Edited by Fleuretty

15 hours ago, gamer4ever27 said:

It's right there in the description, snaps, not locks.

have you not played an fps game before, at least in console, honest question. It's a feature most console fps games have that I've played.

If not, then I guess I could understand the misunderstanding.

It doesn't say snaps for .x seconds. Its just states snaps to nearest lead indicator. Which in fact does imply that it will always be snapping to the nearest indicator, unless there isn't one on the screen. And what does playing other FPS have to do with anything? Warframe isn't an FPS for one thing, and how things are done in other games doesnt necessarily mean the same thing will occur here. 

Thank you OP for your post...saved me some heartache 

4 hours ago, Fleuretty said:

Gimballed weaponry is what gunnery 10 should be, where you point your crosshair onto a target and locks the gun's aim to its lead indicator (or for hitscan/beam weapons, the actual target) until the enemy moves away from the crosshair. That way you still need to acquire your target but you don't have to squint into the distance just to land hits on a tiny pixel. It's essentially mesa's peacemaker when at minimum reticle size.

That is exactly how rank 10 should function, and it is certainly what the description implied. 

45 minutes ago, Mos-Eisley said:

That is exactly how rank 10 should function, and it is certainly what the description implied. 

It's also the reason i aimed for gunnery 10 from the get-go, as i knew DE (Steve specifically) was drawing inspiration from Elite/Star Citizen with its weaponry systems. Gimballing like this wouldn't even make railjack weapons broken, but more of a QoL since there's still heat buildup and target acquiring to deal with. (especially while gunning for an erratic pilot)

Edited by Fleuretty

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

So Rank 7 will probably be the last rank I invest in for that. Thank you, Tenno! You saved many of us from commiting your tragic mistake.

Rank 8 is actually worth it, since the archwing bonuses apply outside Empyrean content

• Like 2

18 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

So the rank 10 engineering and gunnery intrinsic are complete crap...are the other 2 good at all? pilot 10  is ramming speed and tac 10 is teleporting to crew mates right? Those good?

can i get a citation needed for the rank 10 engineering its basically auto repair what's crappy about it? 

4 hours ago, Mos-Eisley said:

It doesn't say snaps for .x seconds. Its just states snaps to nearest lead indicator. Which in fact does imply that it will always be snapping to the nearest indicator, unless there isn't one on the screen. And what does playing other FPS have to do with anything? Warframe isn't an FPS for one thing, and how things are done in other games doesnt necessarily mean the same thing will occur here. 

Thank you OP for your post...saved me some heartache 

because this is a feature in most, if not all console fps games, and I'm pretty sure some TPS (third-person shooters) have, which Warframe is, it's called aim assist, DE just renamed it, but it's description IS aim assist, and in those games that have it, it works exactly like it does in the op video, the aim SNAPS to your target, NOT locks and VERY briefly follows the target, .5 seconds sounds right in my experience, haven't played an fps in years, it's not an aimbot. heck, this is only HALF of what Aim assist is, in other games you don't even need to aim at the target, your reticle and camera will briefly follow, but not accurately, your target when they run by without aiming at them, now THAT would be annoying in railjack with all the targets flying around.

that why I mentioned if you don't play FPS games, then I could kinda understand the misunderstanding, because it's a known feature of console FPS and TPS games to compensate for the lack of precision aiming on a controller, but the rank 10 gunner skill does EXACTLY what it says, it's not DE's fault that you misunderstood and wanted it to do something that it clearly says it doesn't.

with how much the enemies spaz around and messing with my mouses aim sensitivity makes it too sensitive or not sensitive enough where I'm often missing more shots than I fire, if i'm not using the cryo gun, since I don't aim with it, I very much welcome this perk

1 hour ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

It was discovered the repairing takes forever, requires double resources, and can only be done if you’re already on the ship

IMO the time to repair is decent still faster then repair without rank 1 engi since it allows your engi to do something else on the ship since you won't always have the chance to repair manually the amount of omni it takes now ever could be lowered from 60 to idk 40 that way manually fixing it is still the most cost efficiency but auto repair wont break the bank 

On 2019-12-21 at 4:30 PM, Gasau said:

Its not worth 512. 

now it interferes with aiming.

if there was an opportunity to irrevocably remove this ability without returning points, I would have already done so.

On 2019-12-21 at 4:35 PM, DrivaMain said:

Seems to be an oversight on DE’s part. 

if you want to hit something with projectile weapons you have to predict where the enemy is gonna be and shoot at the predicted location

Auto snap ruins accuracy with projectile weapons. I hope DE changed it next year.

But the little white indicator is the predicted location.  I aim for that cursor and hit them frequently.  

It seems like it would be useful to have an aimbot for 0.5 secs.  Maybe not 512 points useful, but what am I missing?

15 hours ago, Fleuretty said:

This is EXACTLY how it should function! You put that much time and work into getting 512, it better be worth it. How are you gonna tell me that we have CIWS on our navy ships today, but thousands of years in the future our turrets have to be manually aimed, or the best we can do is 0.5 sec snap targeting?

39 minutes ago, (PS4)DEATHrocket777 said:

How are you gonna tell me that we have CIWS on our navy ships today, but thousands of years in the future our turrets have to be manually aimed, or the best we can do is 0.5 sec snap targeting?

Because game balance /s

Seriously though, there should be a way to install a subsystem that'll allow Railjacks to have some kind of missile defense system, be it a CIWS turret or two, a chaff dispenser, or a decoy launcher.

It could be easily balanced by needing to reload after a while.

26 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Because game balance /s

Seriously though, there should be a way to install a subsystem that'll allow Railjacks to have some kind of missile defense system, be it a CIWS turret or two, a chaff dispenser, or a decoy launcher.

It could be easily balanced by needing to reload after a while.

They could still at least have it function like Mesa. These dogfights are a slog to get through no matter how good you are as a pilot/gunner just because of how tough the enemies become. All my armaments are Mark III and getting through one mission where I have to kill 90 fighters still takes forever. My buds and I figured out how to make them go by faster by just hugging the side of the objectives like the Shipkiller platform, Pulse Turbine, etc. and just letting the fighters crash into the side of it, killing themselves. It's great for farming resources crazy fast, but it doesn't award you any intrinsics since you didn't actually kill them. For how many points you need and the time you spend to get to that 512, we should have something better than CoD style snap aiming. People are already going to spam the aim button to treat it like an aimbot, may as well just give us Elite Dangerous style gimballed turrets.