Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunnery lvl 10

Gasau

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)horridhal a dit :

There’s nothing stupid about power farming stats for a game mode that is basically going to be the focus of the game for a large portion of the next year.  There is also no point in time where the developers of the game have stated intrinsics is supposed to passively be leveled over “years” as you keep stating.

The top tier rewards should be better for 3 of the 4 Intrinsic groups we have.  The only real serviceable one that I’ve seen is the Rank 10 engineer and that is mostly for solo players.

They said several times in devstreams that it was supposed to be a long term goal.

And the way it's designed, compared to the time it takes to roll over all the update's content, it is obvious that it's meant to take years. 

Again, if someone wants to burn themself out for 1% more damage on a vidar, or one more intrinsic, repeating the same mission hundreds of time for nearly nothing, it's clearly the player's decision, not the game's design.

Because otherwise, by op's logic, the focus system is 10 times worst, as beyond half the waybounds, and a very select few others, every node is a huge investment for absolutly petty enhancements that cost you energy, doesn't scale, and have less costly and stronger variants elsewhere. Haven't seen anyone complain that this aspect of the core gameplay is more than half filled with useless junk. (Nothing past a month after focus rework at least)

And as you say, this game mode is supposedly going to be the main focus over the year. Wouldn't it make sense for intrinsics to be intended to last that long ?

As of lich and focus and eidolons and syndicates, they are giving us stuff so that we always have a little something to be working towards, NOT content to be grinded in one go in a month. Warframe had always been made around small but frequent play sessions (as foundry, nightwave and pet systems show), gaining slow and steady progress over time. If you love to powergrind stuff and get fully optimized builds in the first month of a half finished update, you do you, but don't come crying afterward.

Is it then the intended play experience that to grind rivens until you get godrivens for all your weapons ? Pretty sure it's not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

They said several times in devstreams that it was supposed to be a long term goal.

Long term is not the same as years.  They expected It to take people months and for a majority of people it will.  That said there is no reason for the benefits of mastery of intrinsics to be so lackluster which was the point of the thread.  The rank 10 intrinsics, regardless of how long it takes someone to get there, should be better.  

Il y a 3 heures, (PS4)horridhal a dit :

Long term is not the same as years.  They expected It to take people months and for a majority of people it will.  That said there is no reason for the benefits of mastery of intrinsics to be so lackluster which was the point of the thread.  The rank 10 intrinsics, regardless of how long it takes someone to get there, should be better.  

If you didn't quote only the part you want, you might have gotten a hint.

I got the shedu, pennant, quellor, all nodes, strong enough mk3 gear to easily deal with the highest level content so far, and I'm 8777. At most, I'll be 8887 after getting ephemera and stuff. Playing anymore beyound that, it's just for your own amusement, the update has nothing to give beyond a stupidly rare umbra bp.

So at this point, considering the rate at which we can easily assume new content is gonna roll out, combined with the overall amount of intrinsics we gain per update, it sounds more than reasonnable that it should take from a little more than a year, to several years to be 10 10 10 10, and by then, 10. Considering you only play to complete the update, not to grind your face off meaningless minor upgrades.

For this part, I can't describe my position much more, and it'll take much more to convince me otherwise.

Now, for the power of last levels, it could be more flashy I guess. I don't see any problem to that, we don't need it we're way strong enough as it is. And I'm glad they're not gating super strong stuff behind days upon days of intense mindless grind.

And thank god gunnery is not actual aimbot. If I had to suggest something else, I'd say maybe just slap 10% more damage and call it a day. Fairly little impact on the overall experience, does not take parts of the game away from the game. Again, compared to the kind of long term payoff we get from focus, I'm really not surprised. 

But overall, I really don't mind if last levels were stronger and not aimbot, but it's more the response to the reward relativ to the amount of time invested, by many that burnt themselves off mindlessly to get it asap, regardless of the clear direction the game's design is taking.

55 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Playing anymore beyound that, it's just for your own amusement, the update has nothing to give beyond a stupidly rare umbra bp.

Your opinion on the subject is just that, your opinion.  Not some sort of unassailable fact the way you want people to view it.  You are trying to condemn other users for consuming content at a pace you don’t like as “stupid” according to many of your previous posts.  It’s a childish and pointless stance to try and take.

57 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

considering the rate at which we can easily assume new content is gonna roll out, combined with the overall amount of intrinsics we gain per update, it sounds more than reasonnable that it should take from a little more than a year, to several years to be 10 10 10 10, and by then, 10.

Lol.  Definitely not.  The first update for railjack content drops within the next few weeks.  More are planned to follow that content drop within the next few months.  It shouldn’t take more than a few months to max out intrinsics and many people who haven’t power farmed them are already hitting the max.

1 hour ago, Fallen77 said:

Now, for the power of last levels, it could be more flashy I guess. I don't see any problem to that, we don't need it we're way strong enough as it is. And I'm glad they're not gating super strong stuff behind days upon days of intense mindless grind.

They need to be better skills as a whole.  The idea that hours and hours of grinding gets you literally nothing is not something to applaud and want more of.  Intrinsics, as it stands now, is almost entirely stuck with no carrot.  The 10th level (which going solely off what has been presented should be the ultimate level) should provide more of a boost across the board than it does.  

The only one that is reasonable for the time spent is engineering.  No one is saying it should be a full aim bot but it shouldn’t only lock for 2 seconds, either.  The ram is lackluster and should be replaced, and the teleport would be better if you could use it at any time instead of solely from the railjack.

1 hour ago, Fallen77 said:

But overall, I really don't mind if last levels were stronger and not aimbot, but it's more the response to the reward relativ to the amount of time invested, by many that burnt themselves off mindlessly to get it asap, regardless of the clear direction the game's design is taking.

I’m going to point this out to you one more time and after that I’m done responding to you in this thread.  You could’ve reached 10/10/10/10 by now only playing railjack sparingly without any need for power farming.  

Beyond that pointing out that something that takes, literally, hours upon hours to fully max is lackluster doesn’t make anyone else wrong or bad even if they powerfarmed the points.  The complaints are warranted regardless of the source and your entire schtick in this thread has been to try and categorize those that power farm as bad, stupid, or less than you.  None of those things are true and your stance is inherently bad and wrong.

Later, tater.

On 2019-12-22 at 6:00 AM, TARINunit9 said:

Projectile weapons. You know, the weapons that DON'T want to lock on to the enemy because they need to lead their shots

Flawless logic, DE

I try so hard to give them the benefit of the doubt, bugs are just an unfortunate reality... However this was a flawed idea before people ever began working on it. It clearly wasn’t tested either.

Shameful, really.

• Like 1

Le 2/2/2020 à 02:43, (PS4)horridhal a dit :

Your opinion on the subject is just that, your opinion.  Not some sort of unassailable fact the way you want people to view it.  You are trying to condemn other users for consuming content at a pace you don’t like as “stupid” according to many of your previous posts.  It’s a childish and pointless stance to try and take.

Lol.  Definitely not.  The first update for railjack content drops within the next few weeks.  More are planned to follow that content drop within the next few months.  It shouldn’t take more than a few months to max out intrinsics and many people who haven’t power farmed them are already hitting the max.

They need to be better skills as a whole.  The idea that hours and hours of grinding gets you literally nothing is not something to applaud and want more of.  Intrinsics, as it stands now, is almost entirely stuck with no carrot.  The 10th level (which going solely off what has been presented should be the ultimate level) should provide more of a boost across the board than it does.  

The only one that is reasonable for the time spent is engineering.  No one is saying it should be a full aim bot but it shouldn’t only lock for 2 seconds, either.  The ram is lackluster and should be replaced, and the teleport would be better if you could use it at any time instead of solely from the railjack.

I’m going to point this out to you one more time and after that I’m done responding to you in this thread.  You could’ve reached 10/10/10/10 by now only playing railjack sparingly without any need for power farming.  

Beyond that pointing out that something that takes, literally, hours upon hours to fully max is lackluster doesn’t make anyone else wrong or bad even if they powerfarmed the points.  The complaints are warranted regardless of the source and your entire schtick in this thread has been to try and categorize those that power farm as bad, stupid, or less than you.  None of those things are true and your stance is inherently bad and wrong.

Later, tater.

Done responding too, would only amount to repeating my arguments you're willfully ignoring. Added to your clearly out of proportion view on the subject (getting 10101010 by playing sparingly ? Please)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-02-01 at 2:19 PM, (PS4)horridhal said:

Exactly, dunno why this guy keeps saying "years" Thats laughable. Even moderate play over few months puts you 9s across the board with maybe a 10. Though as stated rank 10s are usless as all hell. Hopefully when the solo one is added and points refunded they will rework a few things.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Am 21.12.2019 um 22:24 schrieb Corvid:

Honestly, I saw this coming. The description said "snap to the nearest target indicator", not "lock on to the enemy", so I imagined it would work somewhat like quickscoping in other games.

this

it was pretty obvious not declared as an aim bot.

and knowing de 1 should know they wouldnt support aim bots after the mesa fiasco & banning aim bot users 4 30 years lmao

It's a terrible skill.  I have it too and it makes aiming actively more difficult as the tracking is in error and snaps your cursor any time you try to zoom to an incorrect point in space for a half second.

Tactical 10 on the other hand is amazing for Scarlet Spear.  I can be anywhere I need to be, instantly.

1 hour ago, PhoenixFury said:

It's a terrible skill.  I have it too and it makes aiming actively more difficult as the tracking is in error and snaps your cursor any time you try to zoom to an incorrect point in space for a half second.

Tactical 10 on the other hand is amazing for Scarlet Spear.  I can be anywhere I need to be, instantly.

thanks. just had 590 intrinsics and was trying to find this answer. thought maybe there was a slight fleeting hope they would have fixed it in the last 4 months. will bump for visibility