Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe_Barbarian

AFK & Railjack and also Newbies in RJ .. What?!

2 hours ago, Zalanthe said:

I had this mr20+ dude (So it was bound to be toxic from the get go obviously) 

As an MR 28 I sincerely apoligize on behalf of overly vet acting "mukkity muks". Not all of us are toxic doe, you find some of us very helpful too!   You just had just left tho, no one has the right to talk you down like that.

16 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

My original question is why do some people find it socially acceptable... WHY?

The answer then:

They don't.

However, there is very little we can do to change these people, so we do the best we can and REFUSE to let these types of slime ruin our enjoyment of the game. Therefore we use the tools we have and continue to enjoy said game. I, for one, feel that DE has done adequately in dealing with the situation within the limits of what they can do (legally and technically). It is DE I am advocating. I do not (let me repeat that), I do NOT find AFK/Leeches "socially acceptable". I highly doubt you will find anyone that does. What you have found are those that refuse to let myopic little minds that do such activities ruin their own fun. If you do, they win.

If you can come up with a way to deal with AFK/Leeches in missions, please let DE know how. Because nothing you have suggested here so far is any different from what they already do.

My personal suggestion to DE (Almost a year ago) was to have a "Damage AFK meter". Wherein a person flagged as AFK would receive damage and eventually die. Eventually this would use all their Respawns (assuming no squad mate revived them), and thus remove them from the mission. However, that idea has not been implemented to date. More than likely, because of the easy methods of avoiding AFK detecting scripts.

So we are left with reporting and continuing to play (which I usually abort the mission then report if I find said AFK/Leech). Or you can uninstall and let them win. I'll continue to have fun, thanks.

Also, do keep in mind that some people may be heavily using the tactical menu. I'm not saying this is all the players you encounter, but that may be a possibility for some. 

I often like to keep tabs on my teammates and ship. If I see damage that needs to be fixed, i can then teleport nearby to fix it. If i see teammates boarding a crew ship or other objective, I can cast ally abilities to keep enemies off them or even completely stun the crew ship pilot and gunner remotely. Same can be done with boarding parties. Of course, I always worry about crafting stuff for the ship too

It's fun for me to play this way, but as far as you can see, I'm just standing in one place with some occasional movement. 

17 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I've never found those excuses viable.

1. Others shouldnt suffer for the poor life choice of someone else. If you know you have irratic little runts running around or a sick kid in bed you shouldnt sit down to play while waiting for the inevitable, atleast not in a mode or game that actually takes time to complete. Go run the 5 minute survivals or defenses where it doesnt really matter if you drop or not.

2. Kids shouldnt be playing the game to begin with. And if the kid is old enough to actually play, they should have a parent that also understand the words "soon mom/dad" and respect their kids spare time. Or are people OK with a parent barging in on a sports match demanding to talk to their kid? It is the same here, recreational activity/hobby that should be respected.

3. A manager should have the balls to say "this is my free time, work is for tomorrow!", or atleast give whoever calls the cold shoulder treatment and call them up when they are done with their activity.

It is one thing if it is a fast distraction that takes a matter of seconds or a minute, but when you get into the area where parents need to pamper their runt for 10-15 minutes or the kid needs to go shove his face full with dinner or the important call drags out, that is the point where you respect the others and simply leave the mission and your rewards. That is what normal people do. That is what I do myself if an unexpected emergency pops up. Sad part is that people sit down and waste the time of others while knowing there will be an emergency even before they join the group.

You have opened my eyes dear sir. I stand corrected. 

I also find it disgusting that those infants dont come with a snooze button and can wake at any point just like that and start crying like, what can happen? You are safe, fed, grow a pair. How can you plan anything with such a nuisance, thats definetely a poor life choice and those that indulge in such dangerous and irresponsible behaviours should not be allowed to play such a competetive, torunament like game like warframe is. It requires precise to a second coordiantion from a whole team of professional gamers or it will end in a failure and vay hek will rule the star system, thats definetely arrogance, those fathers should feel ashamed or just stop playing.

I need to tell you, it will feel bad to tell my mom that i care for, that i wont open that jar of honey for her whenever she needs, arthrithis or not, you lived far more than half a century, you can crawl your ass through those stairs, my team needs me, i dont have time for such pety, silly things, eat something else. 

And when my boss calls that the line has stopped and on duty engineer cant solve the issue i will tell him that its my private time with warframe now and i cant be bothered with something as silly as few milion dollars per hour lost. 

And those mailmans, those annoying bastards that knock on the door and never freaking make few days earlier appointments and require a signature, always taking so long. Shame on them. 

Shall i continue or you got my point?

There are a milion more important things than warframes mission, a casual entertainment.

I can fully understand that someone has to go awall in railjack pub or any pub in any game for that matter.. and if they do go awall and are a host and dont close the app, so we can finish the mission without a host migration i am actually thankful.

To all those fathers, sons, managers and all other people on missions with me you have my ongoing and permanent permission to go awall at any point, at any time, on any mission for as long as you need, i will carry you without any problems, i will never ever need anything in return and i will never report you or have sore feelings about it. 

6 hours ago, Anduvriel said:

You have opened my eyes dear sir. I stand corrected. 

I also find it disgusting that those infants dont come with a snooze button and can wake at any point just like that and start crying like, what can happen? You are safe, fed, grow a pair. How can you plan anything with such a nuisance, thats definetely a poor life choice and those that indulge in such dangerous and irresponsible behaviours should not be allowed to play such a competetive, torunament like game like warframe is. It requires precise to a second coordiantion from a whole team of professional gamers or it will end in a failure and vay hek will rule the star system, thats definetely arrogance, those fathers should feel ashamed or just stop playing.

I need to tell you, it will feel bad to tell my mom that i care for, that i wont open that jar of honey for her whenever she needs, arthrithis or not, you lived far more than half a century, you can crawl your ass through those stairs, my team needs me, i dont have time for such pety, silly things, eat something else. 

And when my boss calls that the line has stopped and on duty engineer cant solve the issue i will tell him that its my private time with warframe now and i cant be bothered with something as silly as few milion dollars per hour lost. 

And those mailmans, those annoying bastards that knock on the door and never freaking make few days earlier appointments and require a signature, always taking so long. Shame on them. 

Shall i continue or you got my point?

There are a milion more important things than warframes mission, a casual entertainment.

I can fully understand that someone has to go awall in railjack pub or any pub in any game for that matter.. and if they do go awall and are a host and dont close the app, so we can finish the mission without a host migration i am actually thankful.

To all those fathers, sons, managers and all other people on missions with me you have my ongoing and permanent permission to go awall at any point, at any time, on any mission for as long as you need, i will carry you without any problems, i will never ever need anything in return and i will never report you or have sore feelings about it. 

You can continue cos you apparently missed my point "It is one thing if it is a fast distraction that takes a matter of seconds or a minute, but when you get into the area where parents need to pamper their runt for 10-15 minutes or the kid needs to go shove his face full with dinner or the important call drags out, that is the point where you respect the others and simply leave the mission and your rewards." followed by " That is what I do myself if an unexpected emergency pops up.".

If you actually disagree with long afk being bad behavior that shouldnt exsist then you are nothing but selfish. People should not play for you that long, "that long" meaning what is mostly a full mission from start to end. 

By the sound of it you should probably hire some help if it takes more than a minute opening a jar or consider your mother being better of at the bottom floor if it takes you that time to help her up the stairs. Your boss should also likely learn to prioritize what needs to be said in an emergency, since a minute in such a case would be a very expensive call. And incase the boss calls for an on-hands emergency you need to quit the mission eitherway, cos you will likely have to head to your workplace and I doubt your boss will be ok till you've finished leeching.

You should also likely learn to prioritze if you decide to give every mailman a lengthy chat. For me the mailman delivery usually takes 10 seconds, if even that.

But again, if you had actually read what I highlighted you wouldnt have had to post in the first place.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

You can continue cos you apparently missed my point "It is one thing if it is a fast distraction that takes a matter of seconds or a minute, but when you get into the area where parents need to pamper their runt for 10-15 minutes or the kid needs to go shove his face full with dinner or the important call drags out, that is the point where you respect the others and simply leave the mission and your rewards." followed by " That is what I do myself if an unexpected emergency pops up.".

If you actually disagree with long afk being bad behavior that shouldnt exsist then you are nothing but selfish. People should not play for you that long, "that long" meaning what is mostly a full mission from start to end. 

By the sound of it you should probably hire some help if it takes more than a minute opening a jar or consider your mother being better of at the bottom floor if it takes you that time to help her up the stairs. Your boss should also likely learn to prioritize what needs to be said in an emergency, since a minute in such a case would be a very expensive call. And incase the boss calls for an on-hands emergency you need to quit the mission eitherway, cos you will likely have to head to your workplace and I doubt your boss will be ok till you've finished leeching.

You should also likely learn to prioritze if you decide to give every mailman a lengthy chat. For me the mailman delivery usually takes 10 seconds, if even that.

But again, if you had actually read what I highlighted you wouldnt have had to post in the first place.

Fast distraction that takes seconds, a minute - are you like Flash? Mailman 10 seconds or less... I am definetely not that fast. Missions in warframe, like most of them, take less than 5 minutes so yeah afk for a mission. Can happen easily. 

I wrote those as i know people from warframe i played with having those problems. They are not mine, i dont live with my mom for like 20years now and mail comes to the company i run. 

I did run fissures with them, those exact 3 cases and the child was taking at least making a coffee and a cig on top long, because we made that long breaks when it happened. 

You live in a different world than me it seems, i guess student times, no real life things that are more important than a game. Its fine, you will get there and understand when someone/something else is dependant on you.

Its hard to find time for gaming than and friends online to play with. They have the option to run everything solo, i mostly do that (i never did pug rj for that matter).

The thing is, i have enough compassion to imagine people is such cases, even thou i never do that myself. Its an easy game, not competetive, not even skill dependant.. To go nuts bashing, reporting and unleashing on people that just afked for few minutes is an overreaction for me. Simple as that.

You are right that some people have time management issues, but i can imagine something happening and a person not having the time to write anything and not closing the app cause he is a host and doesn't want all of 3 other people to lose rewards to a fail host migration. I can imagine that can you? 

How about a flag system instead of a kick system. Say there is a leecher, and so you can vote to flag the leecher. Say after so many missions with groups flagging the leecher, his name will show a different color, designating the leecher. Leecher will get a warning as well. If the leecher still persists on leeching in subsequent missions, he will be given temp ban. Further infractions will increase ban duration. 

It's a slow system, but gives the leecher a chance to stop and cooperate. 

2 hours ago, Anduvriel said:

Fast distraction that takes seconds, a minute - are you like Flash? Mailman 10 seconds or less... I am definetely not that fast. Missions in warframe, like most of them, take less than 5 minutes so yeah afk for a mission. Can happen easily. 

I wrote those as i know people from warframe i played with having those problems. They are not mine, i dont live with my mom for like 20years now and mail comes to the company i run. 

I did run fissures with them, those exact 3 cases and the child was taking at least making a coffee and a cig on top long, because we made that long breaks when it happened. 

You live in a different world than me it seems, i guess student times, no real life things that are more important than a game. Its fine, you will get there and understand when someone/something else is dependant on you.

Its hard to find time for gaming than and friends online to play with. They have the option to run everything solo, i mostly do that (i never did pug rj for that matter).

The thing is, i have enough compassion to imagine people is such cases, even thou i never do that myself. Its an easy game, not competetive, not even skill dependant.. To go nuts bashing, reporting and unleashing on people that just afked for few minutes is an overreaction for me. Simple as that.

You are right that some people have time management issues, but i can imagine something happening and a person not having the time to write anything and not closing the app cause he is a host and doesn't want all of 3 other people to lose rewards to a fail host migration. I can imagine that can you? 

You shouldnt base your experience with friends on how pugs should be treated. There is different respect and standards between friends and randoms. Friends have quirks you know about, puggers dont know your deal so you should respect them and their time. Being afk for a full mission or more is not OK. You can leave without any impact instead of staying and having a negative impact on the group. That is simple courtesy and respect to your fellow gamers. And no I'm no flash, but how can you possible waste more than a minute on a mailman or an important phonecall, or opening a jar of whatever for that matter? If you need more than a minute, just leave the group. Any other game would have had you booted by that time through an automatic system.

All good if you ran fissures with those people whom you apparently knew, that isnt a pug though. That is a pre-made of friends.

No I live in a regular world, long long long past the time of my student years. And I have several things more important than a game, hence why I simply leave missions when they need my attention. Who is it really that thinks the game is the most important part? You since you are unwilling to leave the game when your attention is needed elsewhere, at the cost of other players, just so you can get your rewards. When I sign up for a mission I do it with the intent of completing the mission, if I get destracted and needed elsewhere I leave the mission so they can get a useful person instead, unless my attention is only needed shortly elsewhere as a one time incident on said mission.

I also have compassion, hence why I leave so the ones enjoying their hobby can do so without my dead weight in the mission. And when you do get to certain parts of the game, you can royaly #*!% up other players by going afk, like flat out halting a mission due to buddy doors and whatnot. Or in the case of RJ, where you may have had a duty that you suddenly dont fullfill anymore since you just mysteriously went afk. More important when you reach the veil, where you going afk can actually slow down the mission massively.

If you are the host it can go both ways since that depends on the missions. In a static mission, great that you stay to keep it up. In something like RJ that might be over before you get back, please just quit instead the moment your attention is needed elsewhere, otherwise you take 3 others hostage more or less (unless they've fixed it so we can use the console even if we arent the host). Same deal for endless, you may just send the group into a new 5 minute/wave round, only to come back and being forced to shut it down anyways if the "crisis" calls for it. I would be less pissed losing 4 waves of rewards due to a failed host mig than losing a 5+ wave reward due to it.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Snip. We write long 😜

I understand your points clearly. I will admit, they are valid, people should manage their time well, predict, get out and dont get anything if they cant contribute for the full duration of the mission. 

Dead weight, leechers, newbies, unskilled, its a game, they should just do the normal considered attendance or be gone. You are right.. They should not get the rewards, if they dont do their part, that would be unjust if they did..

I get it. I do.

But have you considered that what you seek might be not there? Its pug after all and in warframe. Not a tournament qualifier in dota. 

I just think we very much differ in what is important to us and how we aproach this game and pug. Maybe you will understand my point. 

The guy with the kid went on my friend list after he had to go attend his child and afked for far more than 5 minutes, in a pug survi and it was before they made the go out option. He was also the host (and an exceptionally terrible one) and we got a valuable vaulted drop before he went afk. We had a good facepalm and a lot of good laugh when he got back. Cause he did, and apologised, and wanted to repay us for what he did by throwing really expensive relics as an apology. He didn't have to. 

I trust warframe community even if it looks silly, naive and i am easily exploited by leechers. I dont care, absolutely and wholeheartedly.

I will carry everyone, the borderline incapable of shooting straight grandpas like reflex stormtroopers, that mr 7 that just goes and fails the easiest spies on sorties, those pesky leechers that think they are so smart. 

I dont mind if you are a limbo and i have to write that i cant put that key when you put your bubble first on mobile, i will politely wait till you read that, i will not scream at you if you play frost and bubbles will be everywhere, i will laugh if you kill me on radiation sortie as a mesa and will redo that mission if you destroy the target. If you fall asleep on your keyboard i will carry the mission and wont let you die out of revives. 

I allow my teammates on pugs to be a complete and utter dissapointment. That doesn't take any fun from my experience. Its casual, its free, its just a game of chill entertainment for me. If you are inclined so hard to squize the most of your time-to-loot ratios you should probably never even run pug. I started to play this game cause space ninja, i am still here cause of the community and i will trust in it. 

I have never, ever been carried without contributing or afked for that matter in any mission. I am that guy that will carry anything you run no matter what it is if he has to. And will do it with a smile and pat you on the back writing gg. After the mission i will ask if you need any help or guidance and i will follow to carry you or help you if you need it. Just like that. 

I dont need any special report systems, i dont need a vote kick for the inactive, nor the weak, nor the incapable or just lost in space. On pug missions with me you can fk up completely and its fine, i will never get pissed or get angry no matter how badly you will screw up. 

12 hours ago, Anduvriel said:

Yup, we write long! 🙂 

I'm all ok with less than stellar players and frame choices, always have been. I just dont accept afkers/leeches because they dont even try to pull their weight. It isnt about efficiency or loot per hour for me or anyhting like that, it is just them getting what I get without even trying, as opposed to the MR1 that may try his absolute hardest and still look like an afker on the chart at the end. That MR1 is all ok in my book, because he atleast tries, the afker is on a completely different page in that book, because he doesnt even bother trying.

I mean, we sign up for a mission that tells us to complete a specific task, afking will not solve that task. If afking was intended behavior, then afkers would be able to complete those missions solo aswell through afking, which they cant, so obviously afking isnt intended in missions.

I've even dropped friends completely from my social circle because they've had zero respect towards their fellow players. One most notably that was constantly drunk as a skunk when playing and running missions with randoms. He was already a semi-bad player to begin with, he wouldnt even make it as a Stormtrooper. Then he also decided drinking was a good choice when wasting other's time. I would have been all ok with him simply being bad as he was, but adding an extra layer to become 100% useless was the final drop for me and I havent spoken to him in a little over 2 years now. Luckily I never introduced him to WF so the community is safe from him.

I wouldnt mind a kick system myself, but sadly there are too many loop holes in WF where people may see fit to use it. It would be hard to implement without hurting new players since they are afterall tossed into the mix with old timers. And we have too many elitists around that dont give a crap if the system is designed to toss everyone into the same pool, so they tend to neglect that the player is new and just see a low number on a chart and initiate a kick. People often seem to forget that they were noobs at one point themselves.

I think the only place where I can get kinda ticked off by others is in rad sorties. Especially mobdef when I see a Mesa, Saryn or other AoE frame, because you often know they are there just for asshattery. Hence why I always bring Rev so I know I wont screw it up and that it wont be my fault if things blow up. As for Frost and Limbo, I can only go to myself there, I was not using them well when I started out, I learned through trial and error aswell as suggestions from other players, so I pass that same respect onto others. Never will I use a harsh word to them, I may give them tips that they can do this or that to make the experience smoother for everyone, like using Frosty's #1 on bubbles to remove the old ones etc.

On 2019-12-24 at 4:35 PM, SneakyErvin said:

SnipXD .

I think we are getting to an agreement:) 

Many have wrote here : You can report afk, leechers, harrasment and bad behaviour - all of this is against tos and can get you banned.

As someone already pointed here, people were banned because of afking in railjack not longer than 7 days after it launched. So DE is acting on them, they were already threads that its too severe to pilots. 

There is a viable and working option just not by one click during mission or a vote kick one. You need to go a bit further and write a support ticket to do that and they do review them slowly, but steadily. It works now excatly as speeding tickets, cops are not on every road, but if you are speeding they will get you eventually.

In my opinion its sufficient for what warframe is. 

I would like you to look carefully at OP post. A mr5 that was standing still near slingshot for "10 minutes".

People are exceptionally bad in telling time if not looking at a watch and if he was looking for 10 minutes at a guy in a slingshot he was basically afking as well. I suppose it was like a minute or even less watching or he came back after a while and saw him in the same spot.

I was bugged more than once in slingshot not being able to do anything, chat ui unresponsive. Maybe he was making a support ticket, writing in bug forum or checking the net for solution. Maybe he saw the mission is basically over and wanted to get at least some rewards for 20 minutes of his play after he bugged out. He obviously tried to do something (omni out, near slingshot). We dont know. Op didnt write how far the mission lasted, its status, those informations that could be useful to determine if he was really afking or not.. 

What we do know, is he was mr 5. How is that relevant to anything? This is the lack of compasion i was writing about.. That mr 5 was obviously leeching.. So fast to judge.. So quick to punish. 

From my experience it is the very core of why we cannot have a kick out system. Why i will be always against it. 

I would rather see leechers reaping the undeserved rewards in every of my missions than any sorts of mr, inability, grandma kicking out. 

5 minutes ago, Anduvriel said:

I think we are getting to an agreement:) 

I would settle with a good in-game report system. Currenctly, reporting someone is a very horrible experience on its own that makes the leeches steal even more time from you. The hoops you need to go through are bad. But the system should also come with failsafes, so report abuse wont be a thing. Like most games have, false reports can lead to the reporting party having actions taken against them instead.

And you are right, we dont know the real story, or maybe we do, about what OP experienced. In the end it is just anecdotal evidence really. I can only go to myself, what I've suffered through regarding leechers and others in-game.

While you are right, MR and such is not a good thing to put as gates, however, when looking at RJ, there really could be a gate in the shape of gear on your RJ in order to host missions. It is very very uncool when you end up in the veil on a scrapheap that rocks only the freebie items we got the day we logged in. That shouldnt be a thing. It would be great if they set the requirement to enter saturn at full MK1 gear and Veil at full MK2 gear, then balance the repair costs for those 2 tiers better and have Veil and the MK3 as actual endgame. But, this is afterall DEs first attempt at actual item and level progression, so a few missed things are to be expected.

I'm still trying to grasp who at DE came up with the "intricate rank 7" requirement for Veil, when intricates has the least impact, especially when it is only one focused tree that is the requirement. They should have immediately seen that was a bad idea and gone with a gear progression gate instead.

Sorry for going a wee bit off topic there.

Act reasonably and appropriately - the time in a team is shared, it's not just yours so respect the other players time invested in the mission or multi-mission run as well.
First it is good to find out what's happening, whether it's a short term ' phone went off' thing, or a longer term ' door rang, pizza is here, and the family is sitting in tonight ', or what have you. Many players will pre-emptively notify you of this, because they are acting shockingly like you are all on the same team and deserve a heads up, the same way they will bail to free the slot ( often apologizing for letting the team down ) if RL requires longer term attention. These are positive reactions, don't instantly write them off as making excuses for impacting YOUR time, because it's impacting THEIR fun time as well. Real life happens, and while any reasonable gamer acknowledges this the overly self-involved only have a 'wasting MY time' modeswitch. At the moment, due to bugs many are getting blackscreened on transitions as well, which often comes with the inability to type meaning they CAN'T respond, while some lucky ones can. Keep that in mind as a current issue modifier until it gets patched.*1

That said, there IS a way of dealing with a player toxicity or afk'ing issue ...
1) abort mission, knowing your drops to current are kept even though the UI lies about it ( there's a thread in these forums about RJ drop retention )
2) return to drydock
3) disband group
4) re-invite other players
5) restart mission
6) (optional, not available in all areas ) know that when you leave the dojo the afk'er gets kicked to their orbiter.
I've only had to do this twice, and both times the other team members were glad to have the slot freed and refilled with actual willing hands from public matchmaking.

*1 I had a pub mission in prox where the piloting host blackscreened on return from an EVA, which immediately caused the attack guys to bail for easier farmland, leaving me and the now blind pilot. We both stuck with it, him sharing hints and tidbits over ingame voicechat about tactics and how his ship was kitted while I wrestled with going from engi to functionally solo in 20 seconds flat with most of the mission still left. In the end, success! And a nice dose of victory groove for both of us. I mention this because it illustrates the point that even a blackscreened player can be a useful asset in accomplishing goals, it just means the rest of the team has to adapt and pull a bit harder, which is where the mythical 'coop' and 'challenge' beasts sleep.
Those other guys missed out on the fun.
Don't be those other guys.
:smile:

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

🙂

To be completely honest i think that currently the weakest and most needing an overhaul system in warframe is the matchmaking ui. It connects random people with no way to organise beforehand. In a coop game.. 

Reorganizing this system would solve a lot of the issues we have including big chunks of afk and leeching.

I think they are hesistant to change this as it would might allow for discarding a lot of newbies before the mission. Excatly the same as a vote kick would do.

No one wants an unexperienced member in his team, any type of walls being given to the players will probably end up in always highest wall on, being it mr or level of railjack engines. Thats why they will always discard all options that could work like that and only put a system wide gating by themselves like intrinsics.

I dont have intrinsics 7 myself and when i run veil with my friends i am usually the one doing the most XD. It serves some purpose thou, if you have spent 130ish points you probably know what to do. It doesn't tell anything about your railjack thou which is a not perfect solution, but maybe an intentional one.. 

This threat highlights the need more than ever. Make votekick an option. don't argue. Just do it.

6 minutes ago, Anduvriel said:

To be completely honest i think that currently the weakest and most needing an overhaul system in warframe is the matchmaking ui. It connects random people with no way to organise beforehand. In a coop game.. 

Very much so. The system feels really archaic, even for a game that got released in 2013. But as you say, there is always the problem with alienating parts of the playerbase if they improve it. And with how WF works, with so little impact from mastery levels, it would be a dangerous thing to change the matchmaker because you'd have piles of players that are hung up on MR. We've seen alot of those people already on the forums that want MR locks for this, that and everything in between.

DE could also try and implement a system similar to intrinsics to the rest of the game, maybe as a better indicator than MR and then also place locks on certain content based on that. Hopefully that could be a thing to see in the future for new content. It would also serve as a new step in progression. If such a thing was in place, it would be easier to make a good matchmaker since you wouldnt need to give the players the option to chose who they want, the system would do that through this new and more indicative leveling system.

Though such a thing is probably far far off in the future.