The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plz add Railjack decoration (similar to orbiter)

Doraz_

To make it playable it could need that all decoration act as meshes, no colliders are enabled, so that both enemies and players do not get stuck.

Workers in the railjack (the ones that disappear when starting the mission) are numerous and animated so i hope the object limit can be high.

I agree with this 100% and for a very simple reason:

DE would earn so much money with the Railjack decorations that, reasonably, he would no longer need the aggressive and controversial monetization campaigns he is using for the monetization of Empyrean.

9 minutes ago, Awazx said:

I agree with this 100% and for a very simple reason:

DE would earn so much money with the Railjack decorations that, reasonably, he would no longer need the aggressive and controversial monetization campaigns he is using for the monetization of Empyrean.

I see we are of like mind hunter:clem:

*grofit intensifies*

14 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I'd rather not. People would always fine a way to abuse it. Such as covering the windows. 

I was about to write that as well .... but no, it's not a good reason.

Block and abort mission always exist and i'd rather see one amazing player's ship (like the dojos) at the cost of the one that spams cheap stuff floating in the air  ... no to a limited decoration system that barely changes anything, do duviri and new war ... or fix railjack bugs xD

Plus, in 2 occasions now i was lucky enough to depart from 2 really cool dojos, and the animation of the camera flying-by the decorations was really cool.

Now we all skip that but i'd like to take in a fellow tenno's work from time to time.

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

I'd rather not. People would always fine a way to abuse it. Such as covering the windows. 

you know DE could put redzones on the windows and mandatory things right? And if they don't have collision then people could just go through them.

Edit: they could also just turn the decorations invisible when a mission starts, or when people take control of the guns and stuff. there are ways around it, and as someone who has experience the decoration glitch inside one already, it doesn't seem hard to do at all, and there are already places you can't place things, which means they probably already thought about adding decorations.

Edited by theRCB
  • Like 1

ah yes, decorations for the railjack. A very good idea, now i can place all the Prime Pedestal Prime on every door, so both squadmates and enemies can stop beating each other. Also i can place the potato glyphs to fill on the windows so that my squadmates can stop puking inside the RJ and start repairing the ship instead. oh wait, the damages are on the next room, too bad there is a Pedestal Prime blocking ur way. oh woe is them, such a sad day to Railjack with fwends~. /s

I applaud u for trying though. :crylaugh:

1 hour ago, Vesiga said:

It'd make people lag so much for those who spend a lot for no reason

2 hours ago, AriaSTG said:

ah yes, decorations for the railjack. A very good idea, now i can place all the Prime Pedestal Prime on every door, so both squadmates and enemies can stop beating each other. Also i can place the potato glyphs to fill on the windows so that my squadmates can stop puking inside the RJ and start repairing the ship instead. oh wait, the damages are on the next room, too bad there is a Pedestal Prime blocking ur way. oh woe is them, such a sad day to Railjack with fwends~. /s

I applaud u for trying though. :crylaugh:

1 hour ago, Rivyn said:

You would need to break the ship model into segments. You don't want a picture covering a breach, for instance, or a potted plant in the way of a fire. I wouldn't mind them adding stencils. That wouldn't be intrusive. 

This is probably why they'd have them just turn invisible/vanish when you start a mission. 

OR they could always make them transparent in missions; and like I said they can make the decorations not have collision, meaning you and your weapons or whatever can go right through them. . . 

There are ways around it. Also as I stated before, they could put dead zones on the windows so that you can not block them, this could also go for anything else that is gameplay related. (that is if they opted to not doing the other suggestions I made.)

I'd say this will never happen for two reasons.

1) Lag. Bad enough on Orbiters and they don't fly through 3D space (it's an illusion there people). Constantly having the system calc where all those components are would be a nightmare.

2) Have you seen the fantastic art people make for their Dojos? How easy do you think it would be to place items to hem in boarders? The spawn points aren't that random, and once you learn them, it would be child's play to hem them in for easy slaughter. Yes, even if DE "red flagged" areas that you can't build in, players would still be able to do this. Why do I say players would be able to adapt and over come DE programmers? Because there are more players than there are Devs. Players will always win.

On a personal note, it's a combat vessel not living quarters. Form follows function. I'd be more inclined to go with custom Nose Art for the Railjacks than interior design.

Aside from everything mentioned above, the logistics behind this would be insane.

The dojo and orbiter are static, non moving areas. Everything is placed at an X, Y, Z coordinate and remains there.

Now imagine trying to apply such a system to Railjack, which isn't static and moves around.  The sheer technical challenge of keeping everything in place as you swing your Railjack upside down and travel at however many KM per her hour.  For the game to be able to retain that information at all times, and adjust the positioning of each decoration at all times in realtime would be a massive performance drain. 

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Now imagine trying to apply such a system to Railjack, which isn't static and moves around.  The sheer technical challenge of keeping everything in place as you swing your Railjack upside down and travel at however many KM per her hour.

Ever read Steve's tweets? Railjack does NOT move around, At all. It's interior is 100% static, windows serving as "portals" into a "space" skybox where a dot-sized camera flies. Please don't start arguments off of ignorance. 

And yes, I'd like RJ decorate option too. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Aside from everything mentioned above, the logistics behind this would be insane.

The dojo and orbiter are static, non moving areas. Everything is placed at an X, Y, Z coordinate and remains there.

Now imagine trying to apply such a system to Railjack, which isn't static and moves around.  The sheer technical challenge of keeping everything in place as you swing your Railjack upside down and travel at however many KM per her hour.  For the game to be able to retain that information at all times, and adjust the positioning of each decoration at all times in realtime would be a massive performance drain. 

railjack doesn't move around. Its a projection when you are inside, the only thing moving is the model when your outside. 

Again, they could simply remove them when a mission is started. . . .

Some of the "amazing" dojos I enter lag the hell out, same with some Orbiters because there are so many things in there.

And this time it would not be an optional thing because you can chose to leave the Dojo/Orbiter with no loss in your progress. You enter the mission with all those in the ship? If you dont have a beffy PC or the console connection be good enough, you will get disconnected.

The only way I see for this to work is only if the decorations dissappear from the ship when you select a mission, just like the crew around vanish when you do so.

Likely this will never happen, just due to the logistics of having to deal with loading/loaded decorations during an active mission. There are interactions on-board the ship (fire, boarding, breaches, etc) that, common sense tells me, will not work well with a decor system active.

I do not think decorations for Railjack should be a thing. Think of all of the items that have to load every mission, that will also increase the load times of your squad. Plus, some decorations could really hinder the gunners, should the owner of the railjack decide to put em in there, or imagine how bad it would be for the engineer to patch hull breaches or extinguish fires, if they happen to spawn where a decoration has been placed.

In terms of internal customization for Railjacks, i dont think orbiter decorations should be used. Instead, Something like stencils maybe should be allowed, but nothing that would fill the railjack with clutter.

1 minute ago, Trapkin said:

I do not think decorations for Railjack should be a thing. Think of all of the items that have to load every mission, that will also increase the load times of your squad. Plus, some decorations could really hinder the gunners, should the owner of the railjack decide to put em in there, or imagine how bad it would be for the engineer to patch hull breaches or extinguish fires, if they happen to spawn where a decoration has been placed.

In terms of internal customization for Railjacks, i dont think orbiter decorations should be used. Instead, Something like stencils maybe should be allowed, but nothing that would fill the railjack with clutter.

this
stencils and scenes, nothing more

decorations would murder the already slow loading tenno 

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Ah yes, everybody should know everything ever and read every single inconsequential tweet ever.

If you make an argument, it is best to understand what you are arguing about.

Accept fault, learn, move on.

33 minutes ago, Corvid said:

If you make an argument, it is best to understand what you are arguing about.

Accept fault, learn, move on.

I can accept being wrong.  I think the whole "don't start arguments blah blah blah" is just an inflammatory response.  

People can't know everything.  What I said made sense to me at the time.  There was a second person who responded - they did it the right way, without being a dink. 

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

mmmm :clem: .....

All this concern for objects getting in the way, when the solution (in multiple form) might be already present IN-GAME RIGHT NOW:

(1) Portals can be assigned priority in draw_call order when using turrets for instance so that they are drawn above the decorations.

(2) Decorations' texture can fade-out when closer to the camera or even become semi-transparent when aiming down sights and using turrets  regardless of distance. This preserves the decorations visibility, what's the point if they disappear 😕

(3) specific entities can be given priority (different from portal method) so that they are drawn above specific geometry ... u can see that in captura scene, where the warframe is visible behind terrain when aiming and things become gigantic when aiming up and close to the target.

Again, i don't care about lag or trolling, they were here before and they are here to stay ... but i'd be happy to see creative people being given the tools to show off.