Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've Recently Started To Experience Frame Lag

Zachles

Question

I'm not sure what's caused this, but it appears to have happened after I installed and downloaded the Steam version of Warframe. My lag appears to be unbelievably worse while Steam is running, but even when it's closed I still experience some lag. I've always had it run on max settings and even turning them down doesn't appear to have much effect. Any ideas?

6 answers to this question

Running programs in the background of Warframe causes FPS drops by nature, for two reasons.

First, the computer is attempting to handle more and is trying to distribute its power between programs.

Second, the game isn't perfectly optimized.

It could be a cooling problem in your computer.  If you've had your computer for about 1 year or more, it may have collected dust. Open up your computer or laptop and blow out the fans, or blow out any dust that's gotten stuck inside.  Another option that may help, would be to get a fan and blow it directly at your computer.

If your using a windows computer, you may want to clean your computer of cookies and check for viruses.

Another thing that can cause lag or slow your computer down, is when your computer gets fragmented. Your computer tends to get fragmented when you have been downloading a lot of things.

Be careful when allowing anything to defragment your computer; there are many things on the internet that clam to defragment your computer, but in reality will destroy it.  I would recommended only using defragmenters you trust, or using the computers own defragment option.

To do this, go to computer, where you can see all your drives. Then right click the drive you want to defragment, and choose the properties option.  Then go to the tools tab, and choose the optimize or defragment option.  Note this will take anywhere from a few minuets to a few hours, and if your computer is really bad, it can take over a day. Sadly you can not see the progress with the built in defragmenter in windows, so you will have no Idea how close it is to finishing.

It could be a cooling problem in your computer.  If you've had your computer for about 1 year or more, it may have collected dust. Open up your computer or laptop and blow out the fans, or blow out any dust that's gotten stuck inside.  Another option that may help, would be to get a fan and blow it directly at your computer.

If your using a windows computer, you may want to clean your computer of cookies and check for viruses.

Another thing that can cause lag or slow your computer down, is when your computer gets fragmented. Your computer tends to get fragmented when you have been downloading a lot of things.

Be careful when allowing anything to defragment your computer; there are many things on the internet that clam to defragment your computer, but in reality will destroy it.  I would recommended only using defragmenters you trust, or using the computers own defragment option.

To do this, go to computer, where you can see all your drives. Then right click the drive you want to defragment, and choose the properties option.  Then go to the tools tab, and choose the optimize or defragment option.  Note this will take anywhere from a few minuets to a few hours, and if your computer is really bad, it can take over a day. Sadly you can not see the progress with the built in defragmenter in windows, so you will have no Idea how close it is to finishing.

Or you could press the Windows button and search defrag.

The Disk Defragmenter will come up.

Also, I should note that defragments are often put at an automatic schedule (mine is every Wednesday for some reason).