Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Warframe right now?

pranavr13

Question

9 answers to this question

any of them. Warframe has no clear best. There are some that do some things better than others, but no 1 trick pony that's best at everything. Probably not the answer you wanted but it's how it is.

would be nice if you provide info about how you play or what you prefer but seeing as you're a new player it takes time to build up a playstyle. So any recommendations we make now might not fit whatever playstyle you develop.

A good new player warframe is usually rhino although I've taken the starter excalibur trough the whole starmap on an alt account. all you really need are good mods and for a new players those can seem impossible to get. Worry not all good things come with time so don't rush and just enjoy the game at your own pace. Don't try to play the catchup game to the vets cuz a lot of them have more than a couple of years head start. no need to burn yourself out trying to catch up, cuz you can't (at least not in any amount of time one would consider reasonable) it takes years and you should try to make the best of those.

Edited by EDM774
  • Like 2

as almost all new players have asked thought of, tried to find out, and eventually surrendered to the same problem, and the answer; you will too see, there is truly no one best frame. ye sthere are some frames which are meta for a certain job maybe, but that doesnot mean, other frames cant do that job. its just a question of efficiency. also frames do get reworsks, buffs and nerfs. so the meta shifts too. 

a big reason t love warframe, is that you can play however you like, and with  whichever frame you like.. if you like tanking or dps, you can go for a certin frame, thevery next mission , you can play as a healer, or caster as well. warframe does not follow a particularly rigid class system

• Like 1

You tell us.
Find the frame that channels and fits your play style the best, be the best with that one.
Pick with your heart first, and your brain later if that fails you.
You may be pleasantly surprised how far your own personal preference can go.

I use a Hydroid for practically everything, and he's not considered top tier for anything but looting.. which I don't use him for.
The best frame is the one you could play anytime, anywhere, and enjoy.
If the, "best frame," bored you to tears, but you pick it because it's the, "best," you'd never find the one that works well enough and feels right.
That absolutely does happen to people, so disabuse yourself of the notion that you need the best. Pick your frame.

Side note... if there is a clear and obvious best, then it will almost certainly get nerfed for being poorly designed in how it fits the game.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

Ok - let me rephrase -and distord- your question :

Knowing all that I know now (I'm MR25), which frames would I focus on to be able to complete most of the missions ? People will yell at me no doubt, but here is my take :

- Trinity ; yeah I know she's old, there are better frames for some of what she does, but... healing, damage reduction, energy... she'll carry you up to Eidolon hunts.

- Octavia : stealth will keep you alive, her damage abilities will wreck havoc. Ivara, Loki, so good too. Ash can strip armor too, on top of stealh.

- Rhino/Nezha : because up to a point, tanking and making damage is all that it takes.

- Saryn/Equinox/Ember : map nukers for low to mid level missions, even though Saryn is kindof the meta for ESO right now

But hey, that's already 10 warframes... So no, I have no "main" really. Depends on the job.

Experiment, Learn, Enjoy 🙂

Oberon, Inaros, Rhino, Octavia, Wisp, Saryn, and Ember are some of the top picks right now. Oberon, Rhino, and Wisp combine survivability with team buffs. Octavia does a lot of things if you build her properly. Saryn and Ember are the two top Crowd DPS frames right now. Rhino and Inaros both have 'immortal' builds (though they can get pretty expensive).

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

I'll go along with what's been said before: find your play style, pick a 'frame that works well with it, and enjoy playing the game while you farm the parts for other things.

I ran with Rhino for a long time early on, because I have no skills, and being able to take great piles of damage allowed me to survive to the end of missions better. Many other 'frames are supposedly very good (Trinity, Mesa, Equinox) but for whatever reason never got me excited. So others love them, and I own them, leveled them, but I don't take them out and wear them very often. One GentleTenno above mentioned his main is Hydroid, and he loves wearing it. Hydroid doesn't do it for me, and that difference between us is just fine.

Over time, as you play through Alerts and such, you will find that some missions can be made much easier if you own certain 'frames - Loki is a great example of this. Being invisible on Spy missions is a YUGE advantage. Do I put on Loki for pretty much anything else? Nope. But I rarely run a Spy as anything but Loki. I also don't run Spy missions unless I have to, because I like other mission types better. It's all about your preferences.

Nova's pretty squishy, so once I built her and maxed her out, I kept her in the barn for years. But recently (again, I have no skills) a kind Tenno explained how to build a Speed Nova, and now I enjoy running Defense missions with her - but as with Loki, I don't wear her for most other mission types.

So find your own groove and run with it, while you farm for parts and try out other weapons & 'frames. While you're doing this, ENJOY PLAYING THE GAME. It's the reason you're here, so don't neglect it.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-22 at 1:04 AM, pranavr13 said:

Recently started playing and was wondering what are the best Warframe are for endgame?

What do you consider end game? If it's sorties then pretty much any frame is capable of it.  Certain frames I do consider "must haves" though.

Volt. Yes, one of the starter frames you get but one of the most versatile frames in the game.  Low level nuke, check. High level CC and "tanking", check. Speedrunning, check. Damage buffing with bonus to crit, check.

Nezha: The epitome of Jack-of-all-trades.  Can buff, can support, can generate health and energy, can give damage reduction. Also fast and very hard to kill.

Chroma / Rhino: Big damage and big tank.  Sometimes it's good to just mindlessly smash things.

Nova: Molecular Prime is one of the most useful abilities in game and despite her base stats Nova can be made ridiculously tanky with her 1st ability and augmented 4th ability.