Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Itsmez

2 Things this game really needs, and im surpised it still dont have

Recommended Posts

First off is vote kick. But hold your pants with "But it can be abused", currently you can abuse the game even more without the option to kick, you can just afk in any mission and giving hard time to others while they do all the work for you. Too many people comes to railjack mission just to afk doing nothing, ive had missions with full squad where the pilot is only one doing something with me. Same with orb vallis/eidolon bounties, people come there to leech bounties while they mine/fish or even worse they come to eidolon hunt just to afk. Ive had full squads on eidolon hunts where only me and someone else was actually doing what we are supposed to do.

Either way you can abuse the system, but if we get the vote kick option atleast we can do something about it.

Second is manual host migration. Instead of having dedicated servers provided by the DE itself (in my opinion understandable since its free to play game) we have bunch of hosts hosting with really bad internet connections which sometimes makes the game unplayable. With manual host migration we could try to switch the host to someone else who is actually able to host the missions.

And before "But you can leave the mission before you do it", sometimes these problems doesnt show up at start, for excample someone might come to mission and first act like he is active, or someone might have unstable internet connection that at start might seem fine, but after that the hell gets loose. And i dont want to leave on middle of the mission because the reward system doesnt let me keep the rewards unless i complete the mission. One thing that could be good that we keep what we get even if we leave the mission.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter if we have a vote kick or not. There are S#&$ty ppl who will #*!% with ppl by exploiting the system and vote kick is just another tool to do that. It won't fix anything. Also ppl will start to kick out others from the squad because they dont like the frame that the 4th player brought as on. 

If anything we should get a proper match making. Mr 15 players getting put together Mr 10-20 players for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not against votekick, I had a problem in my last Railjack mission which votekick could've helped

Only if 3/4, 2/3 or, well, 1/2 vote yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No votekick. The upsides are not worth the downsides.

Graceful "Leave Squad" in all missions? Yes.

Edit: I'd entertain the notion of allowing the host to kick players, for a 10 plat fee. You want to kick someone, show us what it's worth to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

If anything we should get a proper match making. Mr 15 players getting put together Mr 10-20 players for example.

MR is meaningless and DE know that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vote kick can be abused but the afking also can harm the game. Possible solution would be to migrate the afk player into a solo mode instance and let other players whom active joining into the missions. Match making only would be good if you can select the range of player mr, who host, like if you have 50-100 ping then you host if you have weaker connection then automatically the best could host. 

Matchmaking with higer or lower level players in the current form works ( sometimes annoying ) but the experienced players could teach the newer players, without the option to have a selective matchmaking and have a predefined one the newer players will lose a lot of experience what the higher " supposed experienced " players can give.

In my vision the match maker could consists.

1. Allow me to host if A, my connection the best from the instance, B, My pc good enough to handle.

2. Let me define whom I wish to play like a mastery range what I can select and not automatically match make with higher-lower level players.

3. Define what maps and loadouts can be used in that instance.

4. Let us define the difficulity of the node. For example you select Mantle on Earth but you select a 30-50 level range so you play against harder enemies. This actually could work for endless missions if you want skip the beginning

5. Let us define the time interval on when you join into a mission. just a side note " Once happend me that I joined a match where the objectives was done but the players there were bugged and the enemies reached insane levels ".

6. Migrate manually when you sense the rest of your team is afk or just trolling so you can leave these instances and automatically create a new one for you or join to an existing one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I'd entertain the notion of allowing the host to kick players, for a 10 plat fee.

so basically the Warframe version of:

Image result for i'll pay you 100 dollars to f off gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

MR is meaningless and DE know that too.

It's not that meaningless. A high mr player probably knows more about the game than a complete noob. And probably has more and better gear.

These might not make them better at the game but they still have more chance to survive on harder missions. Especially in Railjack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JackHargreav said:

It's not that meaningless. A high mr player probably knows more about the game than a complete noob. And probably has more and better gear.

These might not make them better at the game but they still have more chance to survive on harder missions. Especially in Railjack.

What Test means is that people with a MR of 15 or even 10 can be as good if not better than MR 28

High mastery are good, they know how to play the game of course, but lower mastery doesn't mean the person is bad either

Some of my friends don't have the necessary plats to buy new slots for frames & weapons & can't be bothered to farm primes stuff to sell it. 

My best friend, MR 16, is just as good as I am for example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

What Test means is that people with a MR of 15 or even 10 can be as good if not better than MR 28

High mastery are good, they know how to play the game of course, but lower mastery doesn't mean the person is bad either

Some of my friends don't have the necessary plats to buy new slots for frames & weapons & can't be bothered to farm primes stuff to sell it. 

My best friend, MR 16, is just as good as I am for example

I believe that. That's why I set the range to mr 10-20.

This whole ide just came to me now really. Maybe making about three tiers might work. Like mr0-mr10, mr11-20.

Maybe just give us the option to choose what mr players we would like to be paired up with.

Anyhow. I don't think new players should meet vets. At least not by default.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

Anyhow. I don't think new players should meet vets. At least not by default.

Well I thought that before but more for spoilers

How many times did I get someone asking me: "Who's the girl coming out of your warframe?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 46 minutos, (PS4)robotwars7 dijo:

so basically the Warframe version of:

Image result for i'll pay you 100 dollars to f off gif

is more like......." Carry me or I #*!% you"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

so basically the Warframe version of:

Image result for i'll pay you 100 dollars to f off gif

I hadn't thought about the fee going to the kicked player, but I like that even better. 😄

I was just thinking, "I realize you think it's important that this player be off the squad, but is it 10 plat important?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Well I thought that before but more for spoilers

How many times did I get someone asking me: "Who's the girl coming out of your warframe?"

That is the other thing.

At least they should try to spare new players from spoilers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I hadn't thought about the fee going to the kicked player, but I like that even better. 😄

I was just thinking, "I realize you think it's important that this player be off the squad, but is it 10 plat important?"

So basically it means that someone comes to "grief" the mission, and you have to pay to get rid of it?

I dont know about you but im not running around with plentifull of plat with me because i have good places to spend them on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I laugh when i watch people saying that MR = skill.

You get MR by leveling up stuff.

How is leveling up weapons/frames/pets/companions giving you skill?

Explain to me please.
Because i was MR13 or MR14 with endgame gears and i remember people calling me thrash in chat because of my low MR.

MR is just giving you extra 1.000 standing per level up and +1 extra mod capacity when you forma an item.
There are many better ways to make platinum than doing standing activities so what is the reason to level it up (exept Riven requirement)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Itsmez said:

So basically it means that someone comes to "grief" the mission, and you have to pay to get rid of it?

I dont know about you but im not running around with plentifull of plat with me because i have good places to spend them on.

Someone's sarcasm detector is broken. But seriously, do you get enough griefers to need votekick? Does anyone? 

I have never experienced anyone griefing or trolling. Occasionally someone leeches, which matters to me not at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Itsmez said:

First off is vote kick. But hold your pants with "But it can be abused", currently you can abuse the game even more without the option to kick, you can just afk in any mission and giving hard time to others while they do all the work for you. Too many people comes to railjack mission just to afk doing nothing, ive had missions with full squad where the pilot is only one doing something with me. Same with orb vallis/eidolon bounties, people come there to leech bounties while they mine/fish or even worse they come to eidolon hunt just to afk. Ive had full squads on eidolon hunts where only me and someone else was actually doing what we are supposed to do.

Either way you can abuse the system, but if we get the vote kick option atleast we can do something about it.

Second is manual host migration. Instead of having dedicated servers provided by the DE itself (in my opinion understandable since its free to play game) we have bunch of hosts hosting with really bad internet connections which sometimes makes the game unplayable. With manual host migration we could try to switch the host to someone else who is actually able to host the missions.

And before "But you can leave the mission before you do it", sometimes these problems doesnt show up at start, for excample someone might come to mission and first act like he is active, or someone might have unstable internet connection that at start might seem fine, but after that the hell gets loose. And i dont want to leave on middle of the mission because the reward system doesnt let me keep the rewards unless i complete the mission. One thing that could be good that we keep what we get even if we leave the mission.

 

 

WRONG!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take the AFK over the vote kick...I can leave early and not have to deal with the AFKs, rather than going an hour and the three players decide they don't like X frame being there or just trolling to troll and just kick you out...giving the unlucky player a  abort mission and loss of gains, because remember this is DE, so asking for anything is like making a wish with a chaotic evil genie...it's not going to end up how you think it will work out....ever.

 

Seven years in, I don't see it changing on host migration' the final boss of Warframe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I'll take the AFK over the vote kick...I can leave early and not have to deal with the AFKs, rather than going an hour and the three players decide they don't like X frame being there or just trolling to troll and just kick you out...giving the unlucky player a  abort mission and loss of gains, because remember this is DE, so asking for anything is like making a wish with a chaotic evil genie...it's not going to end up how you think it will work out....ever.

 

Seven years in, I don't see it changing on host migration' the final boss of Warframe.

The funny thing is that the vote kick system works even on the most toxic games, like counter strike for an example.

Yeah i can leave early too, but the point i made is that sometimes people are active at start and all of the sudden they just go afk. I dont want to lose my rewards mid game, i simply dont have enough time for this game to be able to do that everytime someone is afk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Someone's sarcasm detector is broken. But seriously, do you get enough griefers to need votekick? Does anyone? 

I have never experienced anyone griefing or trolling. Occasionally someone leeches, which matters to me not at all. 

Well yeah my sarcasm detector is broken, you see sarcasm is quite hard to detect from a text when you cant see the human interaction. If the sarcasm isnt obvious its hard to tell, and its surprising how many would actually say that seriously.

But yes, i get afk players all the time, or players that does something else than the objective itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Itsmez said:

The funny thing is that the vote kick system works even on the most toxic games, like counter strike for an example.
 

 

In my first CS:GO ranked game i got vote kicked from the first round for no actual reason.
If you think that this is a good system to have in games, i have no words for you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Prostreet150 said:

In my first CS:GO ranked game i got vote kicked from the first round for no actual reason.
If you think that this is a good system to have in games, i have no words for you.

 

Ofcourse it happens every now and then, but its not so often as people think.

I think vote kick system is as good system as allowing people to grief and afk on games. Btw CS:GO has an anti grief system too to those who abuse it, you will get banned if you have too many constant kicks which indicates that youre abusing the system

I think vote kick is good system because then you actually can do something ifd someone is griefing you, and i dont need your words 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Itsmez said:

Ofcourse it happens every now and then, but its not so often as people think.

I think vote kick system is as good system as allowing people to grief and afk on games. Btw CS:GO has an anti grief system too to those who abuse it, you will get banned if you have too many constant kicks which indicates that youre abusing the system

I think vote kick is good system because then you actually can do something ifd someone is griefing you, and i dont need your words 🙂

I forgot to say this : you said that you can abuse the AFK. No you cannot, people got perma banned for being AFK in this game. Just report them. If you get vote kicked you have no idea who vote kicked you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...