Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the armistice ever going to end?

Akaruy

I know next to nothing about solar rails, as when they were still active I never participated in it once. But can we ever expect this to come back, in one form or another?

I would think if they intend to just remove it, they would do so already instead of leaving it in the game but unusable.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Akaruy said:

I would think if they intend to just remove it, they would do so already instead of leaving it in the game but unusable.

Well, its semi-left in the game because of honouring those who held the Rails at the beginning of the armistice.
...however, the Solar Rails Dark Sector PVP stuff was quite a brutal syndicate when you get right down to it. Personally, I feel it should stay frozen/Armistice'd, and further focus and draw should be made to Lunaro, a FAR better PVP system that actually contributes lore and world building to Warframe.
The Solar Rails are just space-highways, and the Dark Sectors are just the furthest sector of a Planet before you get too far out of a planet's sphere. While interesting, the Planetary Junctions and Synthesis' have added more to the game in their place.

TL;DR: Lunaro, its not just PVP, its world-building! 😊

Edited by Saraphys
spelling mistakes
  • Like 3

Honestly I don't think we'll ever have them back in any capacity similar to their past versions.

Though perhaps worth noting, but still not good news for Dark Sectors, Sanctuary Onslaught was originally made for the new Dark Sectors. But it instead got remade into it's own game mode and we've not heard anything about the Sectors since. I suspect it's entirely why E/SO has the mostly pointless scoring system.

1 hour ago, Syln said:

As much as i agree the op said "in one form an another" it could be a pve form.

But we did have them in a PvE format before and it was still a dumpster fire.

il y a une heure, trst a dit :

But we did have them in a PvE format before and it was still a dumpster fire.

Hopefully the next iteration will be totally different :3 (if there ever will be one) but i really hope they will get rid of the Alliance/Clan control on dark sector and the pvp aspect, no offence but both of these things are toxicity inducing.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Akaruy said:

I know next to nothing about solar rails, as when they were still active I never participated in it once. But can we ever expect this to come back, in one form or another?

We can only hope. The game has evolved a lot since they were taken out and the flaws it had could be addressed, I'm sure.

At least they were something that made Clans and Alliances actually matter.

6 hours ago, Akaruy said:

But can we ever expect this to come back, in one form or another?

probably not PvP in Warframe is pretty much dead. if it did come back, maybe it would be tied to Railjack or something instead. perhaps re-introduce the Solar Rails themselves as Corpus/Grineer controlled fortresses that can only be assaulted by a full Railjack crew and a full ground team of 8 players in total. we could then call them "Solar Raids", and see if 8 player missions would continue to work in Warframe.

as an incentive to play the mode, taking control of a Planet's Solar Rail would yield extra affinity and resources for any node on that planet as long as it is under Tenno control; however, the enemy will not take this lying down and the Corpus and Grineer will keep sending ships every so often to reclaim the Rail. if the Tenno lose control, they no longer get bonuses until the Rail is reclaimed again. Sentients could also make an appearance at one or two of these Rails as well.

• Like 1

They could just open the window in the orokin lab and stop there.

The pvp piece was unpleasant as it encouraged a lot of gaming of the mechanics, dishonest offerings, and predatory behavior to players.

At this point, the entire room is expensive and useless with all but barely useful junk bootstrapped into it to ensure players have to build it.

• Like 4

I wrote a thread on this, actually: Here.

I don’t buy the ‘PvP doesn’t work in warframe’ argument for an instant: if that were true, Destiny 2 would have no Crucible. And yet - it exists. Now, it’s true that the system we had sucked a big fat one. I still remember the d-bags who bragged on the forums about how they got away with 99% taxes. So, that being the case, I tried to address lots of those issues - lack of incentive to play the rails or hold them, lack of ability for smaller clans to participate, etc. The only thing I forgot was that we need more DS nodes per server, instead of just 26 - parallel instances, perhaps, for each size of clan or Alliance.

But, yeah, every time this sort of thread pops up people rag on PvP as inherently not able to function in Warframe instead of getting down into the weeds of why it doesn’t work. Let’s try to do better, yeah?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, S.T.M.P.D said:

But, yeah, every time this sort of thread pops up people rag on PvP as inherently not able to function in Warframe instead of getting down into the weeds of why it doesn’t work. Let’s try to do better, yeah?

It doesn't work because the player base at large doesn't want it, simple as that. If they did Conclave matchmaking wouldn't be a ghost town 99% of the time and we'd have feedback about it coming out of our ears.

And if you don't believe me about the vast majority not wanting PvP, look no further than the twitch chat of the devstream where they announced DS would be switched to PvP, and if that isn't enough go watch the Lunaro reveal video and gauge the crowds reaction. It ain't pretty.

If it works for Destiny, then good for Destiny. This is Warframe.

• Like 3

On 2019-12-22 at 12:53 PM, VanFanel1980mx said:

Not until DE can figure out how to keep warbros from screwing their alleged corruption over.

Oh boy, I remember that. I got lucky and jacked a few million credits when they were pulling that crap.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-22 at 10:35 AM, Akaruy said:

Maybe, but  probably not. PvP doesn't work in warframe, and everytime they've tried it, it's fallen flat. Rails were predicated on PvP at the core- and, perhaps predictably,  they started falling apart after the initial honeymoon period was over. 

If they come back,  I don't expect them to come back in any form recognizable to their prior incarnation. Maybe as some sort of time-limited mass unlock of higher-end dark sectors clans can  do or something, but I doubt the rail conflict will come back.  

That said, DE's made some calls I didn't expect them to, so maybe it will. If it comes back as PvP again, I expect it'll do about as well as it did last time- we'll see a couple weeks of honeymoon where everyone uses it as advertised, then it'll fall apart as people game the system. 

• Like 1

On 2019-12-26 at 1:10 PM, PR1D3 said:

Oh boy, I remember that. I got lucky and jacked a few million credits when they were pulling that crap.

At this point I just wonder why they keep trying to get back at Warbros without just deleting the clan, everyone and their mother knows they hate people pointing out at their mistakes as developers, there is that Vauban player who made lots of good summaries which were labeled as personal attacks just because the devs didn't like being called out, and then there was the multiple times they had to reset leaderboards during events because the clan they didn't like was winning even after exploits were patched, then there is all the GotL corruption concerns, etc., the thing about solar rails was a bit tame when you think about it, was DE's pet clan (Moon something, I can't remember their name) truly millionaire or they had infinite funds to keep Warbros from taking over a rail? the world may never now.