Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the armistice ever going to end?

Akaruy

On 2019-12-26 at 3:14 PM, Paradoxity said:

Maybe, but  probably not. PvP doesn't work in warframe, and everytime they've tried it, it's fallen flat. Rails were predicated on PvP at the core- and, perhaps predictably,  they started falling apart after the initial honeymoon period was over. 

If they come back,  I don't expect them to come back in any form recognizable to their prior incarnation. Maybe as some sort of time-limited mass unlock of higher-end dark sectors clans can  do or something, but I doubt the rail conflict will come back.  

That said, DE's made some calls I didn't expect them to, so maybe it will. If it comes back as PvP again, I expect it'll do about as well as it did last time- we'll see a couple weeks of honeymoon where everyone uses it as advertised, then it'll fall apart as people game the system. 

Doesn't that process play out for everything DE adds to warframe? I do not see how that is specific to PvP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paradoxity said:

No. 

I believe it does. Archwing was added late in 2014, people liked it for about two weeks, and then it became irrelevant for years. Defection was a great game mode for about 30 minutes, and now everyone does their best to avoid it. When is the last time you went to the plains because you enjoyed being there, and not because you had something to grind for there?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

I believe it does. Archwing was added late in 2014, people liked it for about two weeks, and then it became irrelevant for years. Defection was a great game mode for about 30 minutes, and now everyone does their best to avoid it. When is the last time you went to the plains because you enjoyed being there, and not because you had something to grind for there?

Not everyone enjoys everything in Warframe. I for one, still enjoys Eidolon Hunting even after I got all of my arcanes. 

Most of the playerbase really hate PvP. If DE decided to rework Conclave players will rate it for "Waste of Development Time". 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Not everyone enjoys everything in Warframe. I for one, still enjoys Eidolon Hunting even after I got all of my arcanes. 

Most of the playerbase really hate PvP. If DE decided to rework Conclave players will rate it for "Waste of Development Time". 

I see you understand that not everyone is supposed to enjoy everything in Warframe. PvP in Warframe is there for the people that enjoy it, not for everyone in the game.

This thread isn't about conclave, this thread is about the armistice for the Solar Rail Conflicts.

• Like 1

Doubtful. Although I wish we could atleast do the research for Clan xps.

PVP in Warframe is quite dead & the dead need to be left in peace.

They just need to turn Teshin & the Conclave into some form of special Assassination Syndicate (but leave the PVP side of it for the players who do enjoy PVP), like the Dark Brotherhood from Elder Scrolls.

Have Teshin give out daily hits on Rogue Tenno (or Specters) who in the absence of The Lotus have "lost their way".

I dunno. I just wish he'd be relevant again.

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Survivals are still pretty popular, and I never have trouble finding a team in void nodes, when I play public. I don't typically have issue finding teams for ESO, either, and usually the Index has people on it. 

• Like 1

On 2019-12-27 at 11:02 PM, Paradoxity said:

Survivals are still pretty popular, and I never have trouble finding a team in void nodes, when I play public. I don't typically have issue finding teams for ESO, either, and usually the Index has people on it. 

I agree that those are great game modes. But what about the ones that I listed? Like Defection or any open world content.

On 2019-12-26 at 3:37 AM, S.T.M.P.D said:

I don’t buy the ‘PvP doesn’t work in warframe’ argument for an instant: if that were true, Destiny 2 would have no Crucible. And yet - it exists.

Yes, and most reasonable Destiny players know Crucible is sweaty tryhard garbage (the only reason why anyone played crucible was because most of it's pinnacle weapons were overpowered in pve, *cough* recluse being literally the best weapon in the game for waaay too long *cough*).

Not exactly helping your point, there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

I agree that those are great game modes. But what about the ones that I listed? Like Defection or any open world content.

You said this: 

On 2019-12-27 at 10:09 PM, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Doesn't that process play out for everything DE adds to warframe? I do not see how that is specific to PvP.

I listed several game types that it didn't apply to that have been added to warframe. I don't make the claim everything added to warframe has been successful; simply that PvP has been unsuccessful in every attempt to add it to warframe and that continuing to do so is a waste of development time better spent elsewhere. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Paradoxity said:

I listed several game types that it didn't apply to that have been added to warframe. I don't make the claim everything added to warframe has been successful; simply that PvP has been unsuccessful in every attempt to add it to warframe and that continuing to do so is a waste of development time better spent elsewhere. 

You look at it the wrong way, imho.

For Conclave, there hasn't been any significant dev investment in a long time (we're talking months and years here), and people are (or were - Old Blood was really bad) still playing it. And there has never been that much to begin with, it was always a small team. Also, without the Conclave revamp, we might not have modes like Rathuum and Index, either. Those were spun off because people wanted something like it but for PvE.

It doesn't have to appeal to everyone, and it doesn't need a significant amount of manpower to keep it going compared to the rest of the game. If it keeps enough people interested relative to what they put into it, then that's a success.

Imho Solar Rail Conflicts were deeply flawed, but that doesn't mean they couldn't work if done right. A lot has happened in the meantime and if they were willing to learn from past mistakes and do better, this could give Clans and Alliances some meaning again. The game is a theme park, but in that aspect it's been lacking ever since the armistice was put in place.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-26 at 3:37 AM, S.T.M.P.D said:

I wrote a thread on this, actually: Here.

I don’t buy the ‘PvP doesn’t work in warframe’ argument for an instant: if that were true, Destiny 2 would have no Crucible. And yet - it exists. Now, it’s true that the system we had sucked a big fat one. I still remember the d-bags who bragged on the forums about how they got away with 99% taxes. So, that being the case, I tried to address lots of those issues - lack of incentive to play the rails or hold them, lack of ability for smaller clans to participate, etc. The only thing I forgot was that we need more DS nodes per server, instead of just 26 - parallel instances, perhaps, for each size of clan or Alliance.

But, yeah, every time this sort of thread pops up people rag on PvP as inherently not able to function in Warframe instead of getting down into the weeds of why it doesn’t work. Let’s try to do better, yeah?

Why? Why should we even try? I don't like PvP in this game, nobody does except for few. And all the content who goes to PVP, is content who does not go into PVE, which is the main core of the game and what Warframe is best at. So why should we even try to improve for a mode who nobody want and which would led away content and focus which we could have in PVE?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Why? Why should we even try? I don't like PvP in this game, nobody does except for few. And all the content who goes to PVP, is content who does not go into PVE, which is the main core of the game and what Warframe is best at. So why should we even try to improve for a mode who nobody want and which would led away content and focus which we could have in PVE?

Why introduce new and different things at all?

Or rather -- why do people have this kind of attitude? That's what I don't understand. It's not nobody who wants this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Why introduce new and different things at all?

Or rather -- why do people have this kind of attitude? That's what I don't understand. It's not nobody who wants this.

it's  nobody, whatever pvp mode was ever made now is a desert land played by an infinitesimal part of the fanbase.

You still don't get it? People play this game to feel powerfull, accomplished and satisfied. That's why PVP will never work in WF, in whatever articulate way you may think of.

If we ever would like a pvp challenge there is plenty of choice, WF instead has the most variegated PVE content I ever saw. Is it so hard to imagine a game with no PVP in ? Or is it supposed to be mandatory nowadays? 

• Like 2

I’d rather see a pve expression of dark sectors.

Dojo Defence mode maybe.

Waves attacking the reactors and other key points, empyrean style mission joining for dojoless players.

would be tricky given how heavily decorated some dojo’s are, but it could “phase out” decorations into the void for the duration of assault.

perhaps a forward base dojo would be better. Standardised layouts to avoid excessive cheese.

something you could plant on a darksector and hold as long as you can against assaults which start at constantly increasing difficulties the longer it has been there. A “victory” count required each day or week, with an increasing threshold that has no upper cap. Eventually it’ll be lost, but the longer you can hold it 

Acting like a resource harvester and offering a benefit to all Tenno who run a mission there.

maybe have it act as something which benefits local rail jack missions. Some kind of supply or operational bonus as long as the base remains online.

tldr

i shouldn’t post on forums when having trouble sleeping.

6 hours ago, Cloud said:

it's  nobody, whatever pvp mode was ever made now is a desert land played by an infinitesimal part of the fanbase.

You still don't get it? People play this game to feel powerfull, accomplished and satisfied. That's why PVP will never work in WF, in whatever articulate way you may think of.

If we ever would like a pvp challenge there is plenty of choice, WF instead has the most variegated PVE content I ever saw. Is it so hard to imagine a game with no PVP in ? Or is it supposed to be mandatory nowadays? 

It's not nobody. There are several thousand people on the Discord alone.

What do you mean with "mandatory nowadays"? This game has had PvP since back in 2013.

Counter question: Is it so hard to imagine that people still play that despite having almost zero dev investment? Is it so hard to imagine that they liked what they play and played, and that they want that back?

• Like 1

On 2019-12-30 at 12:23 PM, Cloud said:

Literally every map in the index and rathuum are from conclave.

I remember being part of an Alliance called Art of War - they owned the majority of rails and they were dedicated to 0% tax (or the lowest possible) nodes simply because it made sense to help rather than hinder. 

The fact that DE made it so clans could determine how much they were going to charge players for playing nodes (some clans on PC charging 80-100% tax) is on DE - even if its terrible clan practise.

-Iif they do lift the armistice, it will be a lot of work, they should limit the taxation to a max tax applicable (especially on PC)on each node and make it so any clans caught acting nefariously are dealt with and punished (DDoS/Toxicity/"Cheating") - Gameplay was kind of fun anyway but it could always improve. 

Even with that all said, I doubt they will lift it. Even though stopping them broke up a lot of clans. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-01-02 at 7:40 PM, (XB1)PsychoKRATOS1 said:

I remember being part of an Alliance called Art of War - they owned the majority of rails and they were dedicated to 0% tax (or the lowest possible) nodes simply because it made sense to help rather than hinder. 

I was in that alliance too, as a matter of fact. While it is untrue that Art of War held a majority of the Rails (We owned 10/26 by the time that the armistice ended.), we were committed to providing the lowest taxes possible for that exact reasoning.

• Like 2

There is always a semi pvp way.. A clan attacks something other clans build like a fortified dojo with turrets, army of spectres etc, assualt type of thing. 

What is important its opt-in, fight is for more resources, exp, higher chances for droprates on planets you fight and win, less for the losers gradually decreasing based on leaderboards, 0% or excatly as is for opt-outs. Some leaderboards on top and it might be fun.

There can be skirmishes with water guns (they were fun). 

So you have a clan/alliance activity, but its not a node you affect for everyone, its a planet you affect for your clan/alliance only and only in a positive way. Main battles are pve, maybe skirmishes with fully honest pvp (no frame abilities or even passives, same hp bar, (maybe even operators fight), water gun). 

A funny non toxic pve/pvp mode. I could live with that. Something similar to gambit in d2. 

Tldr 

Make it a contest for more resources (like a 1 month/1 week booster tied to all planet nodes as reward ranging from 100%-10% based on score) with new harder defenses including spectres and small fully honest pvp (water gun fights). So it is fun and everyone wins something nice, but not really needed. Add trophies for the best players, clans, alliances and those that score enough. 

• Like 1