Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the armistice ever going to end?

Akaruy

44 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

No. Solar Rail conflicts were cheesy, broken dumpster fires when they were active, and their principle purpose was to be endlessly exploited by scumbags like ICE at the expense of everyone else.

Solar rail conflicts were cheesy, they where neglected and unbalanced. Perhaps with balancing and care from DE plus player assistance - aside from telling them it was trash - we can cook something that was once served raw. Just because rails where unbalanced, doesn't mean it's going to be a copy paste disaster. Look towards the player driven content, community, and competitive nature. Something that ties warframe together, a never ending task to work together and complete a meaningful common goal. Something that you can carve you're name into, outliving your warframe career. 

Solar rails worked great in their principle to be endlessly exploited for their treasures and riches. From these exploits ICE alliance for instance has long been remembered after 6 years passing beyond just PC Warframe. Such epicness came from the political and rail feats. Plus their members worked incredibly hard to reach their goals. As in the older events, they reached top leaderboards as individuals and clans, they've even gone as far to be within the top 100 of the kill leaderboard. Yes ICE had high taxes for the purpose to look like the bad guys, but in doing so, made them infamous. It also made them poorer with more enemies. But none stood up against them. What if, you where known to be the good guys? Ones that defeated ICE and brought reduced taxes?

Everyone complained they couldn't win after their first attempt and wrote on the forums complaining about taxes on one particular node. They hoped and pray someone else would fight ICE, but the next guy would just think the same thing.

What about console solar rails? 

Edited by -BG-StormFighter117

10 hours ago, -BG-StormFighter117 said:

Solar rail conflicts were cheesy, they where neglected and unbalanced. Perhaps with balancing and care from DE plus player assistance - aside from telling them it was trash - we can cook something that was once served raw. Just because rails where unbalanced, doesn't mean it's going to be a copy paste disaster. Look towards the player driven content, community, and competitive nature. Something that ties warframe together, a never ending task to work together and complete a meaningful common goal. Something that you can carve you're name into, outliving your warframe career. 

Solar rails worked great in their principle to be endlessly exploited for their treasures and riches. From these exploits ICE alliance for instance has long been remembered after 6 years passing beyond just PC Warframe. Such epicness came from the political and rail feats. Plus their members worked incredibly hard to reach their goals. As in the older events, they reached top leaderboards as individuals and clans, they've even gone as far to be within the top 100 of the kill leaderboard. Yes ICE had high taxes for the purpose to look like the bad guys, but in doing so, made them infamous. It also made them poorer with more enemies. But none stood up against them. What if, you where known to be the good guys? Ones that defeated ICE and brought reduced taxes?

Everyone complained they couldn't win after their first attempt and wrote on the forums complaining about taxes on one particular node. They hoped and pray someone else would fight ICE, but the next guy would just think the same thing.

If you think 100% taxes set by a mega-alliance that used meta-exploits and DDoS attacks to prevent people from challenging them was fun, you don't have a valid opinion.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, -BG-StormFighter117 said:

Console solar rails (at least the PS4) were each endlessly controlled by a single clan.  I don't know who they were, but it was basically a big neon sign saying "don't bother with this content, you cannot hope to win."  Battle logs that were an endless stream of "solar rail successfully defended by clan."  If that clan was ever unseated, which was rare in itself, it ALWAYS went back to the original clan with the next battle.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

If you think 100% taxes set by a mega-alliance that used meta-exploits and DDoS attacks to prevent people from challenging them was fun, you don't have a valid opinion.

They ran builds that where very optimal, builds that DE didn't consider possible at the early stages of Warframe. People thought I was exploiting but all I had was a good build and knowledge of how the builds worked.

I want a name and factual information about the exploits and DDoS attacks. Who said it was ICE?

I am aware for certain exploits but this was often used against us first which DE would attempt to later fix. (I know one that was never fixed, they added it in the later half and it made defending a dark sector harder)

You realize that we the alliances got DDoS'd MANY times, we often got DDoS'd and blamed for DDoSing the servers on many occasions. I remember I was fighting a rail, the servers started acting up, and we actually LOST... Then I had clan members leaving because they read online saying that the alliances did it. Something goes wrong and its immediately pointed and concluded towards what people they already don't like then pull it off as fact. Judge, Jury, and Executioner. It ends in a spiral of wrong information.

I'll admit, there is a possible connection, I say possible because we don't know how strong the servers are today, that having Dark Sectors brag more DDoS attacks, but I would disagree that the alliances where the ones to DDoS Warframe. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Console solar rails (at least the PS4) were each endlessly controlled by a single clan.  I don't know who they were, but it was basically a big neon sign saying "don't bother with this content, you cannot hope to win."  Battle logs that were an endless stream of "solar rail successfully defended by clan."  If that clan was ever unseated, which was rare in itself, it ALWAYS went back to the original clan with the next battle.

On PC, the monopolization was certainly a thing. Due to large amounts of players and credits from holding the rails they where very challenging to take. Not impossible, but hard. There was times we lost rails, took em back, lost it again, took it back, etc. Owning a Dark Sector made it self sustaining and is a huge problem for the game mode.

On Xbox, the rails had large pockets of ownership but not fully monopolized to my knowledge. Dark Sectors actually worked properly on Xbox.

Dark Sectors where unbalanced, this is common knowledge agreed by everyone and what you're saying deals with the flaws of it. Like I said previously, 

On 2020-01-21 at 9:33 PM, -BG-StormFighter117 said:

Just because rails where unbalanced, doesn't mean it's going to be a copy paste disaster.

I'm NOT looking to bring back the greatly flawed system you know and remember. I'm wanting a newer improved version. Something that works and ties everything warframe together. Something that is competitive, has meaningful goals and grind, is player driven, and brings people together.

Edited by -BG-StormFighter117
  • Like 2

On 2020-01-22 at 1:58 PM, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

As someone who played through all that, no clan held a node for the entirety, and no clan would consistently take back nodes. The clan that held a node the longest was bullets rain on you , owning akkad then they lost it to the cosmic lotus alliance( after disbanding it went to the spectral sabers). Prime masters owned coba for a long time too  but once they got it they never lost it. Extreme Analog (EA, known under several names) alliance owned a node on venus for I'd say 75% of the time.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Console solar rails (at least the PS4) were each endlessly controlled by a single clan

This is actually a good thing. It meant you had the highest diversity in node ownership among all three platforms. I can assure you that it wasn't clans owning the nodes, however. They were most likely alliances. Although, I have heard of powerful clans like Destroy All Monsters on PS4 controlling nodes. 

I don't know who they were

I figured that much.

but it was basically a big neon sign saying "don't bother with this content, you cannot hope to win."

I don't believe this. Offensive Rails had such huge advantages in conflicts that defending groups almost always lost. The offensive Rail was literally unable to take damage. The other advantages that offensive Rails had were numerous. They hosted the matches. They determined the place and time of the conflict. They even determined the armistice time on the nodes for everyone else. Your understanding of the conflicts is flawed, unfortunately. And the information from Deathsnacks that could settle this is long gone.

Battle logs that were an endless stream of "solar rail successfully defended by clan." 

It was only possible to withstand an offense in the Rails post-u14 if the offense didn't exist to begin with. Offense was the deciding factor in every single Rail battle after that update.  DE_mamow_mad_af.jpg 

here is a post from around that time when people were complaining about how easy it was to take Rails form established alliances.

On 2020-01-22 at 7:58 AM, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

If that clan was ever unseated, which was rare in itself, it ALWAYS went back to the original clan with the next battle.

Do you expect people not to try and retake their territory? That winning a single battle is all it takes to win a war? Dark Sectors took hundreds of hours of effort from everyone in your clan to begin being a profitable endeavor. It was sometimes necessary to battle an alliance 10-15 times over a single node to wear them out and exhaust them of fighting. Owning the Dark Sectors came down to a matter of will. If you gave up after your first try, you didn't deserve to own one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

This is actually a good thing. It meant you had the highest diversity in node ownership among all three platforms. I can assure you that it wasn't clans owning the nodes, however. They were most likely alliances. Although, I have heard of powerful clans like Destroy All Monsters on PS4 controlling nodes. 

I figured that much.

I don't believe this. Offensive Rails had such huge advantages in conflicts that defending groups almost always lost. The offensive Rail was literally unable to take damage. The other advantages that offensive Rails had were numerous. They hosted the matches. They determined the place and time of the conflict. They even determined the armistice time on the nodes for everyone else. Your understanding of the conflicts is flawed, unfortunately. And the information from Deathsnacks that could settle this is long gone.

It was only possible to withstand an offense in the Rails post-u14 if the offense didn't exist to begin with. Offense was the deciding factor in every single Rail battle after that update.   

Do you expect people not to try and retake their territory? That winning a single battle is all it takes to win a war? Dark Sectors took hundreds of hours of effort from everyone in your clan to begin being a profitable endeavor. It was sometimes necessary to battle an alliance 10-15 times over a single node to wear them out and exhaust them of fighting. Owning the Dark Sectors came down to a matter of will. If you gave up after your first try, you didn't deserve to own one.

Firstly yes, Destroy all monsters owned nodes, both Ceres nodes to be exact. The spectral sabers owned 3 nodes (the owner at the time was greedy af, won't get into that) several alliances owned 1 node to themselves, but most were the outlier nodes, leaving them craving more. 

Regarding being able to defend several defended successfully from full on assaults, albeit via spending so many credits and deals with other alliances, and a couple of times to coordination or strategic deployment if an alliance who owned a rail deployed on you. 

• Like 1

Yes! There is nothing as fancy as having some random large clan hold dominion over a planet sucking your rewards out of you just like the Liches do! I mean I love being fleeced without having the ability to retaliate in any way~ Its my personal favorite experience of all time. Especially those fancy comments they had on the rails and stuff that was so kewl to be literally taunted by some filthy chan mongrel on top of being robbed.

In reality: Its is a very bad idea. Solar rail was an abysmal thing to have. Playing the game as a clanless newbie I left the game until they were removed. I have nothing but horrendous experiences with the system. Thus I vote "F THAT SHIZ!"

• Like 1

On 2020-01-28 at 8:06 PM, Hunyaa said:

large clan

It was usually alliances, but I get the picture

hold dominion over a planet

Nope. Just two sectors, and that's even if they had control of both sectors.

sucking your rewards out of you just like the Liches do

Nope. Liches tax your rewards on any mission played on that planet. Dark Sector taxes were limited to just two nodes. You could also manually change the taxes back down to 0% yourself with some effort, but I don't think you were ever ready for that level of commitment.

without having the ability to retaliate in any way

Wow. Every word in that sentence is wrong.

ts my personal favorite experience of all time.

It was my favorite experience too!

Especially those fancy comments they had on the rails and stuff that was so kewl

Stop, please. You are making me tear up with nostalgia. Most of the Rail messages were used for recruitment and as literal billboards for the alliances that owned them.

literally taunted by some filthy chan mongrel

Most people that owned Rails were not "filthy chan mongrels". They were extremely polite, sociable people that knew how to organize groups to work together and fight under a common banner. Do you think a "filthy chan mongrel" could do that?

In reality: Its is a very bad idea

I am guessing you are going to back this up by saying you had a bad experience with the system instead of offering a real critique of it?

Solar rail was an abysmal thing to have

That's subjective but okay. I can respect that you have this opinion, however based in ignorance it may be.

Playing the game as a clanless newbie

Solar Rail Conflicts were not meant for clanless newbies. They were meant for large, organized clans and alliances to have persistent endgame content to do that provided substantial rewards.

I left the game until they were removed.

Glad to have you back.

I have nothing but horrendous experiences with the system. Thus I vote "F THAT SHIZ!"

I see I was correct in my assumption that your real dislike of the system comes from you having no actual experience with it. 

Been thinking about a possible idea, instead of alliances being able to deploy, have it so a planet has several dark sector nodes. Clans can deploy on them, and if an alliances clans own the majority, their alliance gets the main or "hub" sector. Kinda like ESO with the keeps and outer resources such as mines

On 2020-02-01 at 1:57 PM, (PS4)sdaly96 said:

Been thinking about a possible idea, instead of alliances being able to deploy, have it so a planet has several dark sector nodes. Clans can deploy on them, and if an alliances clans own the majority, their alliance gets the main or "hub" sector. Kinda like ESO with the keeps and outer resources such as mines

That would be a cool idea for DE to implement.

As you have never fought on a solar rail, allow me to describe it. Tens of thousands of tenno vrs tens of thousands of other tenno in an all out objective based pvp game mode. Which could last up to 11 hrs. No other game as attempted this before or since. A true test of the power of your community. CFE which is a storm clan, had 10x the amount of player kills than any other clan on warframe regardless of their platform. Rails were determined by how much you wanted it, and how many credits your alliance could bring to the table. I hear talk of 100% taxes on PC rails. Although this NEVER happened on xbox I'd like to respond to the rumor. The ICE alliance on PC only put 100% taxes to spur gamers into fighting them. 

As The Order did on xbox. Where we rise to the challenge, PC clans did not. It took us three months to rid ourselves of high taxes, PC needed an armistice to solve their issue. 

If you want armistice to end. Then change the mindset of the casuals who will never reach endgame but feel they have a right to dictate it's outcome.

God I hope not, and if they do I hope its completely revamped and absolutely nothing like it once was. The game was so incredibly toxic back then.

Personally I feel it has no place in Warframe right now and doesn't fit where the game is currently at, story-wise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (XB1)CFE Vulari said:

If you want armistice to end. Then change the mindset of the casuals who will never reach endgame but feel they have a right to dictate it's outcome.

You're clearly showcasing what was (and is) wrong with "muh pvp" dudebros.  Stay salty, my friend!

16 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

You're clearly showcasing what was (and is) wrong with "muh pvp" dudebros.  Stay salty, my friend!

I have an example. Have you seen all the people complaining about rail Jack's? I have been playing it all morning. Got my gunner to lvl 3, engineer to lvl 2 and pilot lvl 3. This is the most fun I've had on warframe in years. Great content, fun, exciting, and challenging. I'm not salty bud. I'm telling my truth. If that ruffles some feathers, I'm sorry if you felt targeted by me. You're not and I'm not. But the truth hurts, and I have 3800hrs of game play to consider these things. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)CFE Vulari said:

I have an example. Have you seen all the people complaining about rail Jack's? I have been playing it all morning. Got my gunner to lvl 3, engineer to lvl 2 and pilot lvl 3. This is the most fun I've had on warframe in years. Great content, fun, exciting, and challenging. I'm not salty bud. I'm telling my truth. If that ruffles some feathers, I'm sorry if you felt targeted by me. You're not and I'm not. But the truth hurts, and I have 3800hrs of game play to consider these things. 

So you like railjack, and your point is?

You're not telling "da truff". You're expressing your personal opinion. Which would be fine on it's own, but you keep trying to look like some sort of respectable authority.

Hint: You're not a respectable authority, you're a rando on the internet.

• Like 1