Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the armistice ever going to end?

Akaruy

On 2020-02-18 at 8:08 PM, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Pvp will stay mostly dead.  Warframe doesn't work for pvp at all.

I think it works pretty well. All things considered, if there was a game that did it better, I would be playing that game. It is a good mixture of speed and strategy with a very high skill ceiling. Not a lot of games have that these days.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-02-23 at 1:34 AM, (XB1)Chroma Prime said:

I think it works pretty well. All things considered, if there was a game that did it better, I would be playing that game. It is a good mixture of speed and strategy with a very high skill ceiling. Not a lot of games have that these days.

You are absolutely right. How unfortunate that a system with a unique foundation can be so carelessly overlooked.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-01-22 at 8:58 AM, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Console solar rails (at least the PS4) were each endlessly controlled by a single clan.  I don't know who they were, but it was basically a big neon sign saying "don't bother with this content, you cannot hope to win."  Battle logs that were an endless stream of "solar rail successfully defended by clan."  If that clan was ever unseated, which was rare in itself, it ALWAYS went back to the original clan with the next battle.

No!!!! You're WRONG!

• Like 3

On 2020-02-11 at 7:04 AM, Acersecomic said:

Any kind of inter-player competition results in a lot of toxic and foul play, exploitation of bugs and glitches and general lack of sportsmanship.

Even PVE oriented things with leaderboards.

The very sad truth. If there's a will there's a way.

Fortunately, since Dark Sectors are down WE can create a new system where dark sectors are done properly. Anything remotely competitive will bring toxic and foul play. This should not be overlooked. However, if Dark Sectors where done right, it could still serve it's original purpose and more, being competitive, resource sink, etc, but being more communal or cooperative can help mitigate this to an extent.

It would require the right mixture of competitiveness and cooperation and correct introduction to hit all the points. I remember DE Steve once saying his whole great idea of Warframe was to brag and show off what they've got, let it be a super awesome sword or weapon. In this case territory and accomplishment and community.

• Like 2

On 2020-02-12 at 3:05 AM, TheGrimCorsair said:

Nope, it's not, and that's fine as nothing and no one of value has been lost with the removal of the old dark sector PvP.

That's a really bold statement to make. Lots of community leaders and clan buddies were lost directly because the Rail battles were put on armistice. Just like when a lot of people left the game because Raids got taken out.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, (XB1)TheLastDax said:

That's a really bold statement to make. Lots of community leaders and clan buddies were lost directly because the Rail battles were put on armistice. Just like when a lot of people left the game because Raids got taken out.

True. The removal of content from the game does directly harm the communities that have grown around said content.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

True. The removal of content from the game does directly harm the communities that have grown around said content.

So many people have left over the years because there is no endgame competitive content in warframe anymore. There is no reason to log in to the game. Not even the daily rewards are worth getting to them. All has become the same.

• Like 2

On 2020-03-27 at 12:29 PM, mrpyro12345678 said:

I for one would like to compare power of my weapons to other players in a real combat enviroment. Unfortunately Simulacrum can only do so much...

I agree. The simulacrum shouldn't be just limited to that one tileset that it has now. I think it should have access to some more tilesets to better simulate combat.

• Like 2

On 2020-03-28 at 7:35 PM, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

I agree. The simulacrum shouldn't be just limited to that one tileset that it has now. I think it should have access to some more tilesets to better simulate combat.

That is a good observation. The simulacrum is dissimilar to any tileset in the game where you as the player would fight enemies. Same thing with the dojo dueling room.

On 2020-04-03 at 7:10 PM, -BG-TopMe said:

Game is dying only thing that will save this game is Dark Sectors or some sort of clan content.

I agree. The Dark Sector Conflicts were the most endgame content imaginable. To be successful at them, not only did you need to have a strong grasp of game mechanics, you also needed to understand how to work with people. It wasn't just how good you were at the game, it was how good you were at playing the game. If you know what I mean...

The Dark Sector Conflicts did provide meaning to nearly everything in the game. It made doing content have value. Doing rescue missions became important because you needed the specter regiments to defend your Solar Rail. Trading was important because you would need to procure as much gear as you could for your clan members so they could perform well during the Conflicts. Everything had weight to it. Not like that at all today in Warframe.

On 2020-02-19 at 2:08 AM, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Pvp will stay mostly dead.  Warframe doesn't work for pvp at all.

Except it can if done right. DE were onto something with Conclave, but since it doesn't get updates anymore it's fallen into a sad state, which sucks. I'd like to see it get some attention someday.

1 minute ago, Okami_Shiranui said:

Except it can if done right. DE were onto something with Conclave, but since it doesn't get updates anymore it's fallen into a sad state, which sucks. I'd like to see it get some attention someday.

Considering how long its been left to rot and des focus on the newer pve content.  You are searching a wasteland for water mate.

De will probably not waste their time on it.

Mite i suggest a different game more focused on pvp?

• Like 1

Solar rails have so much potential.

I would love to see a clan event where you set up a solar rail and then the clan has to defend the rail from the planets controlling faction. Then if the solar rail is successfully defended there could possibly be an option for players to pick a rail to travel to the dark sector, kind of like picking an instance of a relay. With that there could be a ton of mechanics too; such as litches bringing reinforcements while you are fighting with their faction, Enemy factions trying to take over your rail or destroy it, Being attacked with more force based off how long the rail has been in the system, and maybe even a leaderboard for clans to compete on to see who can have the most rails active at once/ or who can defend one for the longest.

I would also like to see some changes to dark sectors so that they are not just infested missions with Modifiers. Like a hidden kuva Grineer black site that has unique rewards (maybe parazon mods), or a corpus resarch lab of some kind that might have hidden rooms like in the gas city that can unlock a new weapon or give big resource boosts, or even an infested hive filled with containers that give you mutagen samples when you break them. 

34 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

What if we like the PvP that is in Warframe? Surely you are aware that PvP is different in every game.

For those whom enjoy pvp in warframe by all means do what you enjoy.  Its your time to do as you please.

And sure pvp works differently in each game.

But logically you are trying to get blood from a rock here.  De's focus is clearly aimed at its pve content most of the time. Railjack, squad link, the new war, ss, the nightwave stuff, the duviri paradox, etc.

Surley everyone can recognize the reality as it is. I think the folks mostly interested in pvp would be happier in a game that actually focuses on pvp.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-03 at 7:10 PM, -BG-TopMe said:

Game is dying only thing that will save this game is Dark Sectors or some sort of clan content.

Facts. Dark Sector Conflicts give an end-game for veterans and provide a meaning for clans and alliances again, something which has been lacking in Warframe for nearly half a decade. Ponder that! Tomorrow will be the 5th anniversary of Dark Sector Conflicts being removed from the last platform to have them. And still no word of them coming back despite the devs promising to do so.