Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think A Charge Mechanic For Certain Warframe Abilities Would Fix Issues And Add Depth

Kaibah

Look at Volt and his Speed skill as an example. The way the camera gets a special effect when he uses it is cool, but since it's now ALWAYS a team buff, people get very annoyed if a Volt spams the skill. If it had a charge mechanic though, pushing the button would affect Volt when he wants fast movement (like it did originally), but holding the key down until it is charged would give everyone the boost when required.

There are other examples too. Just look at Mag and some of her recent changes. The way her original Pull skill worked might not make it win awards as the best thing of all time, but it did have uses (like pulling someone from poison). Since the changes, it's essentially become another 'nuke' skill. I won't talk about the current Pull, but think about if you had a charge mechanic. Like, pushing the 1 key could make it work like how it did originally, but charging would provide the effects it has now.

What do you think?

Edited by Kaibah

this concept is actually pretty good. like charging it would make it have an enhanced effect and maybe more damage. atm the focus skill doesnt help alot either in terms of skill damage and end game contents you are more likely to utilize CC based skills or utility skills....

I'm not really sure why anyone would hate Volt's Speed skill. I've seen people who are like "Volt's Speed is very counterproductive. Sprinting and using stamina mods is much more useful." and I'm like "how the F*** is that even possible?" My only problem with Volt's Speed is when I'm using my Nova and I have a maxed Rush mod, I'm constantly running into stuff because I'm running so fast.

Personally, I'll +1 this, too, since everyone else seems to hate this skill, but can only seem to back up silly reasoning explaining why. I don't mind it too much.

Thanks for the support guys.

There's also a video I'd like to show. A while back, there was a PS4 trailer named 'The Call'. The reason I bring it up is because this shows an example with Frost, and him charging the skill Freeze. Start at about 4:01, and stop around 4:08 to see what I mean:

See, if you had a charging mechanic, perhaps Freeze could be made where charging the skill actually makes a target frozen for a short period of time, and shooting won't remove the effect. The penalty would be you can't move since you're charging, but you could possibly add other changes if needed for balance reasons. Perhaps a slight increase in energy cost is one example.

Edited by Kaibah