Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Master Rank 19 test is incredibly Stress inducing and needlessly difficult.

(XBOX)Madinogi

ive been trying to complete this MR19 test ever since the other day. each time i try the test i fail because of something stupid. and it only ends up making me even more stressed. 

for those who might have forgotten, its the one where you have to kill the targets undetected, hit orbs, rescue a target, all while only being allowed to use a melee weapon, also no abilites. 

the problem with this is. its all down to sheer luck. because the enemies apparently detect the enemy corpses across the map and the corpses take forever to dissapear so everytime i kill a enemy i begin to feel my heart race everytime they dont disintegrate on kill because i then become worried that a enemy will see it and instantly fail the attempt. and i have absolutely no control over that. 

ive been practising alot but no matter what even when i manage to somehow beat it in practice i completely fail the actual test. ive been trying the arch gun method, but somehow im also being detected from the platform, and i know this because i kill a enemy, they disentegrate but then im instantly spotted. tried the skiajati method but everytime i go in for the finisher it does a normal strike even tho im getting the button prompt so i only slash them and not go invisible. and on top of that the body still remains, i then thought of the idea for melee channeling since that would disentegrate the enemy on kill removing them from the field instantly, but then i found out you completely removed channeling from the game. Redeemer and Glaive face the same problem as everything else, if the enemy doesnt desintegrate i risk them being spotted since it appears they take 10 secs to poof.

Please DE do something about this test, im not the only one who find its frustrating to do and even stress inducing. i think 1 of 2 things should happen. 

1.) when you kill a enemy, their body dissapears immediately, preventing the problem of having the corprse stickign around too long and failing the attempt possibly the run because they dont desintegrate quick enough. 

2.) enemies just simply dont detect corpses, and only can detect your or the freed hostage. 

or a possible 3rd option. 

3.) when you killa  enemy the body stays behind unless you actually end up desintegrating him. but if a enemy sees it they become alert and you have 10 secs to kill them before they alert the rest and fail your run, instead of just failing instantly because they happened to spot the body. 

a test should be completed through skill, not RNG, 

and for those who are goign say "Take your time" i have been and my most recent attempt i was in their for like 20 maybe 30 minutes watching their patterns and when i do kill a enemy whos isolated, they dont desintegrate in time and their colleague just comes back and spots it, failing my run. 

Edit: i passed it using the method provided by @Butterfly85 they wrote

"

I just did this. I used Wisp and Skiajati. Only mod of note is use motus signal. You'll stay in the air longer and Wisp is invisible while airborne. 

You don't even need to kill the guards. Just go round, smash the orbs, float over to the prisoner and float to the safe zone. If you're quick the prisoner will get there before being downed."

without their suggested method i honestly dont know if i would have passed it that easily. 

Edited by (XB1)Madinogi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)LEFT__4__DEAD__2 said:

The MR24 test is harder than that one, i need a better amp now, i still have starter mote amp but will need newer one, its operator rank up test you need to avoid the leach infested with the small nekros leaches while damaging a single orb in the center of map.

Many people have completed it before PoE, with post-TWW stock operators and no amps.

• Like 3

Once you kill something you know is near another enemy (or if you feel it is), hide behind a pillar for a comfortable amount of time.  If you hear a grineer exclaim, then you know they're alerted but he'll lose that in a little while, so you can wait a little longer.

The problem is the radius where they can see you is really far atm, so it's not insta fail, they just look up and see you with eagle vision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Everyone else did it, no reason you can't.

Give it a try now, after the recent changes. DE reworked detection algorithms and removed channeling, making the challenge far more difficult than it used to be. It also seems to behave differently in practice and in qualification.

There are new posts about the MR9 and MR19 test all over the forum nearly every day. While it's possible people are just whining it does feel a lot more difficult than when I did the MR9 test ages ago. I just qualified for MR19 last night but haven't attempted yet.

45 minutes ago, -UCPP- said:

Bring banshee and redeemer. Guards can be sniped from far away since they can't hear the gun due to her passive. Have fun! 

Might as well just use the Arch gun if you're gonna cheese it, as gear items are allowed.

2 hours ago, Test-995 said:

BvNOBnQ.jpg

Yes.

you know that % counts every inactive account since warframe has been on steam. that includes everyone who quit at MR 0 - 5.
Also this doesnt account for people who ONLY use the launcher and not steam version.

lmao

2 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

you know that % counts every inactive account since warframe has been on steam. that includes everyone who quit at MR 0 - 5.
Also this doesnt account for people who ONLY use the launcher and not steam version.

lmao

Well let's multiply it by 30x and assume that's the true number, wow that's 96%, even with such a ridiculous multiplier still not everyone.

I just did this. I used Wisp and Skiajati. Only mod of note is use motus signal. You'll stay in the air longer and Wisp is invisible while airborne. 

You don't even need to kill the guards. Just go round, smash the orbs, float over to the prisoner and float to the safe zone. If you're quick the prisoner will get there before being downed.

• Like 1

Just got stuck at Mastery Rank 9 test.  I am curious, with all the changes I have heard about, if those that passed it in the past could pass it again with the same equipment (i.e. gear appropriate for a player that just qualified for rank 9).  It is also discouraging to know that the practice test is different from the actual test as well.

I hope the DEs will rebalance this test given the stealth mechanics changes made after that mastery test was created. Hitting a wall like this is a real let down as I was enjoying Warframe otherwise.

14 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Well let's multiply it by 30x and assume that's the true number, wow that's 96%, even with such a ridiculous multiplier still not everyone.

the only reason why I didn't do it is because I can't be arsed to farm mastery exp anymore... considering that last MR-lock is at MR16 I can see how alot of people would not even care to grind more and more MR fodders after getting to MR16. Now from people who actually did go for it I am not aware of even single person (besides OP) who would get legitimately stuck on this one.

but then most people I do know above that MR have completed the test when channeling was a thing - and it allowed to destroy corpses....

Can't see the full map meaning the area your body is blocking cannot be seen. Not saying it was difficult, it is. I tried about 3-4 hours with other setups before I cheesed it with my archgun. Had to make sure all enemies were turned when I fired my archgun as well as crouch. Took me 3 times after I went archgun.

• Like 1