Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR9 Test made me stop playing

(NSW)ManicDevlin

I tried many times and watching all the videos none actually reflect what I am encountering in game. The entire test serves no purpose since there is no single mission requiring stealth with only melee. Not to mention none of the enemy AI actually detects you from so far and so easily. All of the sudden games clumsy AI becomes pro only in this test. 

The progression difficulty is stupid and I am not going to spend weeks memorizing every twist and turn. Either remove this test or I stop playing. Simple as that. The whole MR nonesense serves no purpose other than arbitrary time sink. 

I'm off to Witcher 3. 

• Like 1

While I agree that this test is broken in it's current state, there are a few things you can do to make it easier.

For example, you can use Banshee + a gunblade build for fast, high-damage heavy attacks. Use the slightly broken LoS calculations the game uses for hit-scan weapons to your advantage (enemies cannot see you unless there is an unbroken line of sight to your warframe, but your hit-scan weapons calculate LoS from the camera position, not the weapon position. This allows you to shoot around corners without being seen).

You can also use the Skiajati, a nikana from The Sacrifice quest that grants a few seconds of invisibility on successful finisher attacks.

If you can handle the farm, get Wisp. She is invisible while airborne, and for a very short (less than one second) duration after landing. Carefully chain jumps together and you will be permanently invisible.

If you played during an instance of Operation: Plague Star, or have some spare plat, then you can get a set of Arcane Contagion. Equip it on a Zaw, do short double-jumps while facing somewhat upwards, and use an air melee attack to launch an explosive projectile. Just make sure you stay out of sight while doing this.

Man, another one of these threads. Seems quite a few people struggle with this and the MR 19 test too.

Found them pretty fun and easy after a few practices myself. It's all about being patient, learning the patrol patterns and building a sequence (i.e. kill that, hide there, kill that, hide over there, etc.). Has no one here ever played stealth action games like Assassin's Creed or Thief? Same concept.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, (NSW)ManicDevlin said:

-snip-

So you're basically giving up because "Why this test exist? It's too hard"? I'm sorry, but saying to stop playing and pretending that the test is removed, simply because you're doing the test improperly is just pointless.

CanoLathra was actually smart enough to give you solution to that problem of yours: Banshee + Gunblade combo, the Skiajati, Wisp and her ability to become invisible when airbone, and Zaws with Exodia Contagion. Credit to AlfredDean and BloodrainXL as well for suggesting to you to use respectively a long range weapon with reach and slam attack, and practicing the test on the relay.

And btw, the Mastery Rank system is to prevent inexperienced players to get weapons that are out of the league. Like, why should a new player have a Ninkondi Prime without a MR of 14?

Reminder that deployable arch-guns can be used in these tests, and you can just shoot everyone on the nap from the starting location. I used my Imperator Vandal to cheese the MR19 test like this. Because nothing says 'stealthy' like mowing down helpless baddies with a giant hulking minigun!

Whatever de did to the ai.  They detect far too easily now from long distances.

I did mansge to beat it after practincung and 1 failed go.  Used a gunblade and banshee. Its pretty easy to do the first 2 sets by running up to melee kill. Justta sunce the pattern.

The last one i only beat by jumping back to the previous area using the structures to hide myself and sniped most of the ai with a gunblade when their backs where turned.

1 minute ago, Sapphirya said:

Reminder that deployable arch-guns can be used in these tests, and you can just shoot everyone on the nap from the starting location. I used my Imperator Vandal to cheese the MR19 test like this. Because nothing says 'stealthy' like mowing down helpless baddies with a giant hulking minigun!

Thats doesn't help newer folks with no ability to summon their archgun.  And even if one can do that.

Can you silence the archguns? Does banshees passive silence them?

There's no single mission requiring stealth with only melee? Should I suggest DE to make some for start chart progression so you will have missions requiring that?

Also other tenno here have given you some tricks to do it, only need to practice

50 minutes ago, 844448 said:

There's no single mission requiring stealth with only melee? Should I suggest DE to make some for start chart progression so you will have missions requiring that?

Also other tenno here have given you some tricks to do it, only need to practice

It'd be nice if they at least pretended most of the 'mastery tests' had, ya know, something to do with actual gameplay. Maybe let them function as an extended sort of tutorial which we all know this game desperately needs? 

9 and 19 are total garbage though- not only is the AI detection ability in those missions completely insane compared to any regular mission, they have utterly nothing to do with anything else in the game... and never have. At this point we'd be better served by having  them replaced with railjack themed time trial test or something- shoot  down  X fighters in Y seconds  or something. 

46 minutes ago, (PS4)DEATHrocket777 said:

Can't you just use Loki or Ivara? Like bruh, go invisible, slaughter everything, done!

Frame abilities are locked. And only melee weapon.

So a stealth feame doesnt help.  And the ai hsve been buffed to spot u easier.  So the test was made far harder.  Many video guides no longer work as the ai will now spot you.

Can't use archguns till do the rep grind to get the ability.  So newer players cant do it that way.

Only i was able to do it again was to use banshee and a gunblade and snipe from a distance.  Which still has its problems.  Sine the ai can more easily see you at absurd distances now.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Frame abilities are locked. And only melee weapon.

So a stealth feame doesnt help.  And the ai hsve been buffed to spot u easier.  So the test was made far harder.  Many video guides no longer work as the ai will now spot you.

Can't use archguns till do the rep grind to get the ability.  So newer players can do it that way.

Only i was able to do it again was to use banshee and a gunblade and snipe from a distance.  Which still has its problems.  Sine the ai can more easily see you at absurd distances now.

That suuuuuuuuucks!

6 hours ago, AlfredDean said:

yo... just get a long range melee w/ reach and slam attack, then bullet jump to the highest pillar you can. watch out for enemies facing your direction and repeat

The pillar trick doesn't work anymore. They can see you even in the air... It's how I passed the test the first time. When I went back and used the same strategy when the forum was filled with complaints about MR9 test, I could not do it anymore. They have ridiculous visual range now (laterally and vertically!)! Much like they can see you in the air from the ground, they can also see you on the ground from the air (e.g. second floor of a structure).

3 hours ago, Paradoxity said:

It'd be nice if they at least pretended most of the 'mastery tests' had, ya know, something to do with actual gameplay. Maybe let them function as an extended sort of tutorial which we all know this game desperately needs? 

9 and 19 are total garbage though- not only is the AI detection ability in those missions completely insane compared to any regular mission, they have utterly nothing to do with anything else in the game... and never have. At this point we'd be better served by having  them replaced with railjack themed time trial test or something- shoot  down  X fighters in Y seconds  or something. 

The rivens I've had to unveil that had an undetected modifier disagrees with this. 😉