Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR9 Test made me stop playing

(NSW)ManicDevlin

Buh if your just gonna complain and threaten to stop playing a game over a test many players have passed, then maybe this really isn't the game for you. And really...I don't think DE would care if you got pissy and left the game because you refuse to practice and learn it, which you can do easily if you go to a relay. Its a test for a reason. Yes I think the total stealth tests are a bit ridiculous,  but its not impossible if you practice.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario

I did this test long ago but it changed a bit since I finished this one. The detection range is higher for the mobs and their angle is also improved. Doable but a bit harder and it needs better timing and a little more hiding to finish it. The last part is which is more difficult but the best option to jump over the one who are on that higher place, kill it then crouch until the two bottom at sides are in far from you then choose one and kill it. Lastly the 3 at bottom what should be killed and then you done with the test. My best bet for kill either a weapon which have corrosive build ( dismissing corpses ) or just a fast meele which let you go fast and kill the others before they could detect you.

2 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

The rivens I've had to unveil that had an undetected modifier disagrees with this. 😉

Except the riven challenges in question still allow you to use frame abilities.  So you can stealth through.  The mr challenge silences frame abilities.

You can't compare riven challenges to this mr test.

28 minutes ago, Stickman949 said:

I was... able to do this one fine? All I did was bring in my Redeemer Prime, shot them from a distance... bam, test done.

Thats how i did it via a gunblade.  But the ai did detect me at stupid distances even well using this tactic.

It's not impossible.  But the challenge is much higher then it should be.  Especially for mr9.  Where a new player probably doesn't have many options to use.

27 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

WEEKS to memorize? i must be einstein, i memorized it in like 30 minutes. use the right equipment for the job and its easier to succeed.

When i did it on my pc account which is newer.  I followed the videos patterns.

But they no longer work.  Because the ai have better awareness now. Its doable still. But i understand folks frustration.

Back when i did it on my main ps4 account i did it in one go.  Without having to follow a video.

it bug, it was much easier when i first done it 2 years ago  
it have being like this for more than 3 month now, still no fix

**there is another stealth test after this but i forgot which mr it was
but enemies can detect you all the way from the spawnpoint which is broken.

you can try to cheese the mr test with glaive or gunblade with Banshee passive ( silence all weapon)

Edited by .OwOkin.

3 minutes ago, .OwOkin. said:

it bug, it was much easier when i first done it 2 years ago  
it have being like this for like more than 3 month now still no fix

**there is another stealth test after this but i forgot which mr it was
but enemies can detect you all the way from the spawnpoint which is broken.

Mr 19 is essentially the same thing just way more enemies.  And after you kill all the ai u gotta rescue an npc.

Before these tests got messed with. I had to cheese mr 19 by sniping with a gunblade the ai from the starter point.

Mr 9 i one shot with ease.

But on my fresher pc account mr9 was much more of a pain then it was before.

7 hours ago, Paradoxity said:

It'd be nice if they at least pretended most of the 'mastery tests' had, ya know, something to do with actual gameplay. Maybe let them function as an extended sort of tutorial which we all know this game desperately needs? 

9 and 19 are total garbage though- not only is the AI detection ability in those missions completely insane compared to any regular mission, they have utterly nothing to do with anything else in the game... and never have. At this point we'd be better served by having  them replaced with railjack themed time trial test or something- shoot  down  X fighters in Y seconds  or something. 

Not only that the execution button sometimes doesn't even show up pressing countless times then the enemy just turns around and I get detected. Is #*!%ing bullS#&$ time sink. I simply don't understand why all these F2P games do everything possible to frustrate player as if that's going to make us purchase something. 

14 hours ago, (NSW)ManicDevlin said:

I tried many times and watching all the videos none actually reflect what I am encountering in game. The entire test serves no purpose since there is no single mission requiring stealth with only melee. Not to mention none of the enemy AI actually detects you from so far and so easily. All of the sudden games clumsy AI becomes pro only in this test. 

The progression difficulty is retarded and I am not going to spend weeks memorizing every twist and turn. Either remove this test or I stop playing. Simple as that. The whole MR nonesense serves no purpose other than arbitrary time sink. 

I'm off to Witcher 3. 

Test is easy if your a melee god like me 

23 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

UgvVaQv.jpg 

Mate none of guides work now. The ai see from further away.  It is still doable.  It's just much harder then it should be for mr 9.  I feel bsd gor newer folks thst simply don't have the gear to maybe cheese it.

Belittling somrone with.  Get gud. Doesn't help them.

Go give it a go again on a relay.  You probably won't be able to use the same method as before.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-22 at 3:41 PM, AlfredDean said:

yo... just get a long range melee w/ reach and slam attack, then bullet jump to the highest pillar you can. watch out for enemies facing your direction and repeat

Or do the same thing you were saying, but use skiajati. Or hop around with Wisp, though she may be gated from your average mr9.

You can ignore the guides as enemy detection has been improved by quite a bit. And everyone saying "git gud," that's very immature of you to belittle someone asking for help.

For OP, just do what Alfred or I said. But practice 2 or 3 times to make sure you have it down. It's super easy this way.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Mate none of guides work now. The ai see from further away.  It is still doable.  It's just much harder then it should be for mr 9.  I feel bsd gor newer folks thst simply don't have the gear to maybe cheese it.

Belittling somrone with.  Get gud. Doesn't help them.

Go give it a go again on a relay.  You probably won't be able to use the same method as before.

Done today with literally the same strategy as the last "guide" and it's not even a perfect run. Took me minutes to learn instead of weeks.

Is it harder than it was years ago? Yes. 

Is it impossible? LOL.

Edited by -AiLuoLi-

On 2019-12-22 at 3:33 PM, (NSW)ManicDevlin said:

I tried many times and watching all the videos none actually reflect what I am encountering in game. The entire test serves no purpose since there is no single mission requiring stealth with only melee. Not to mention none of the enemy AI actually detects you from so far and so easily. All of the sudden games clumsy AI becomes pro only in this test. 

The progression difficulty is stupid and I am not going to spend weeks memorizing every twist and turn. Either remove this test or I stop playing. Simple as that. The whole MR nonesense serves no purpose other than arbitrary time sink. 

I'm off to Witcher 3. 

Im playing through witcher 2 finally so that 3 makes sense now that i hve a computer worthy of playing it on. 

As for the test, hopefully they fix the ai for yall. It wasnt bad for me when i did it so long ago

Just use skiajati, it lets you go invisible and it cheeses the whole test by stealth finishing one enemy.  IIRC you can also use ivara to great effect in this test since her passive gives enemy radar and you can stack her enemy radar to see the whole map and where enemies are facing/you can see when it's safe to go out from cover to kill an enemy.  

3 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Done today with literally the same strategy as the last "guide" and it's not even a perfect run. Took me minutes to learn instead of weeks.

Is it harder than it was years ago? Yes. 

Is it impossible? LOL.

And that's the point.  I know it's not impossible now.  I went on did it again on my fresher pc account.  But for it being a rank 9 test it's a bit too much.  That video i qouted u in would not work the ai would have seen the player multiple times and failed them.  I had to cheese it with a gunblade on my pc account.  And abuse the previous platforms ramps and walls to snipe enemies and them not see me.  I feel bad for the newer folks without the tools i had or knowledge i had is all.

It was not a benefit to the game to make it harder.

4 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Just use skiajati, it lets you go invisible and it cheeses the whole test by stealth finishing one enemy.  IIRC you can also use ivara to great effect in this test since her passive gives enemy radar and you can stack her enemy radar to see the whole map and where enemies are facing/you can see when it's safe to go out from cover to kill an enemy.  

ivara is possible but not al new players will have that frame.  As for skiajati ........ no new player is gonna have the quests done, the gear farmed, and such done to be able to do the quests to get umbra beat for the sword in question.  That's not a reasonable tactic.

They ai's field of vision is just higher then it should be for mr 9

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2