Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient Ship : Beware lot's of people leaving missions in Veil

White_Matter

Turns out people join the sentient ship mission to get the Shedu parts and as soon as they realize they don't get it, they leave the mission.

So I a total of 6 - 7 people joined and left my RJ during the Sentient ship quest, and I was left alone to deal with 70 fighters and 5 crew ships and a Turbine. So I was pretty much forced to solo the mission. Good thing I'm a legend and I pulled it off, and got the quest, but it is pretty obnoxious to solo high level RJ missions. 

Edited by White_Matter
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Crasharr said:

You're a legend? Who/what is obnoxious now?

Dunno, but we know who is mad.

2 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I can't wait until DE has to hide the loot, AGAIN, so people don't leave before mission end.

Yes, that would solve  the issue I believe.

Edited by White_Matter

Just now, dwqrf said:

Yes, greedy people are the cancer of the game, once more. I can't wait until DE has to hide the loot, AGAIN, so people don't leave before mission end.

One would have thought they had learned that lesson by now. 

The harder they twist that RNG knob, the harder people will look for shortcuts. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Yes, greedy people are the cancer of the game, once more. I can't wait until DE has to hide the loot, AGAIN, so people don't leave before mission end.

Unfortunately it wouldn't be as easy as that. The droprates have been low that I've done 3 sentient ship missions, two of those involving a Nekros in the squad and one involving an Ivara and Nekros and we co-ordinated kills properly and we didn't recieve a single drop.

Sadly, this would only work if we were garunteed at least one Shedu part drop per run. Otherwise players can see "Oh I didn't get a mysterious item. Time to leave."

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Unfortunately it wouldn't be as easy as that. The droprates have been low that I've done 3 sentient ship missions, two of those involving a Nekros in the squad and one involving an Ivara and Nekros and we co-ordinated kills properly and we didn't recieve a single drop.

Sadly, this would only work if we were garunteed at least one Shedu part drop per run. Otherwise players can see "Oh I didn't get a mysterious item. Time to leave."

I agree with this since the drop rates is at 4% per Symbilyst. I’ve farmed all the parts though but having to deal with that drop chance without waiting for the next couple Hours until i ran out of time of the Anomaly isn’t something that deserves to be hidden. Symbilyst aren’t bosses or Acolytes.

• Like 3

People are selfish, that's not exactly a surprise.

But the issue here is that DE decided to put these two very different activities in the same place:

a) Experience the sentient tile set for the first time ( or if you're just sight seeing, since the tile set is gorgeous ) and get the quest

b) Farm for Shedu parts

The best strategy to farm for Shedu parts is actually just to rush into the Sentient ship, kill the sentients, and either abort or navigate back to Dojo without doing the rest of the mission.

Because of this, people doing b) trample people doing a), which really sucks.

• Like 2

I've seen this on Twitch a lot today. People join just to get the quest to start then abort since you don't have to finish the mission to still get the quest, forcing these people into a host migration. Also the whole "method" of kill sentients first, no parts then restart.

Good thing I play solo so I don't have to deal with people like that.

10 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

After thousand of hours playing I dont think people feel too good about staying in mission just to receive junk. Maybe DE should change the entire core design of the rng nature or actually make the mission fun.

The missions are fun, but this is the same type of player who next week will be whining about a content drought because they bum-rushed their way through things

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Are you guys getting the Sentient ship?

I have done like 8-12 missions so far with the red blinking light on the node and never seen it yet.

https://semlar.com/ <== Tracker at the top so you know generally about when it will show up

Also the ship can be anywhere within the map area, so it could be right near the start or off at the far end of the map area behind all the other objectives.

Edited by SilvaDreams

Just now, White_Matter said:

Turns out people join the sentient ship mission to get the Shedu parts and as soon as they realize they don't get it, they leave the mission.

So I a total of 6 - 7 people joined and left my RJ during the Sentient ship quest, and I was left alone to deal with 70 fighters and 5 crew ships and a Turbine. So I was pretty much forced to solo the mission. Good thing I'm a legend and I pulled it off, and got the quest, but it is pretty obnoxious to solo high level RJ missions. 

omg! you are a hero!

/sarcasm

Edited by Luciole77

16 minutes ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Pretty much been going to the node that is flashing red in the Veil, and it never spawned once so far.

Use this

39 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

https://semlar.com/ <== Tracker at the top so you know generally about when it will show up

Also the ship can be anywhere within the map area, so it could be right near the start or off at the far end of the map area behind all the other objectives.

I farmed Shedu this way, but I was a good responcible boi and did it with 3 consenting adults in my clan who wanted to farm it the same way. 

Don't let the weapon being extremely beautiful and amazing lead you down a dark path or you may end up split in half from the groin up like Ballas in the future.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dwqrf said:

No, DE's design decision is the cancer of the game, well i know they gonna fix it but still.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Yep, that's bad.. like really...
Ive been hosting,fighting the enemies i see 2-3 tenno deploying ... flying straight to sentient ship while i have to repair, fight enemies and move my ship...
The i see them leaving the game after 1-2 minutes...

• Like 1

I wonder if this is why.  I was in a mission doing this content and for some reason they all jumped out and I got a dm from one of them complaining as though I did something wrong and was then ignored.  I have no idea what I did to cause this, I was just taking out sentinels and they just up and left without an explanation.  Was my 2nd time in there so I am at a complete lost why someone is upset with me.

Il y a 12 heures, Zahnny a dit :

You can add 50 endo and 10 dirac in the pool table of unidentified items and voila.

12 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Yeah, its common this happens, had a host DC, due to the same issue, DE patches out that you can't leave the mission and keep your thing (or go back to drydock) yet they keep this in?. Looks like you'll all gonna just have to report and move on. (Cuz DE won't fix this until they had their holiday)

• Like 1

So apparently the problem is that the Sentient drops are visible, *and* the Anomaly isn't actually connected to the other mission objectives?  So people are free to join, loot the ship and then bail.  Even if they get the part they want, it looks like they aren't actually required to stay and finish the rest of the mission?  I'm just curious.

It sounds like there's a similar problem with the Grineer Galleon captains.  People will head straight for the assassinate, then bail if they don't get a drop on the new blueprints.

I guess (as mentioned) DE is going to have to switch all the drops from those enemies to "unidentified," and probably link the Anomaly to the main mission so that if it spawns you have to clear the mission to keep anything.

But since they're all on holiday break already, I guess that means it'll be next year before they do anything.