Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Hate Ancient Dumpsters!

WARLOCKE

Bad monster. It is like the unfun gun (ogre) and the lameframe (nova). It sneaks with ninja skill to the back then hits and takes awa all energy.. Bad design. I fail mission becaus cant defend pod by seof with no nrgy. Poison Ancient fine, healer ancient fine. Both fun. All nrgy gone means i play mediocre third person shotter till i get more blue circles. 

Ya the ghame on a whole is kinda easy for groups but this is just a unfiar mechanic for solo players. Droppin shields is bad enough, just have it do that.

If they had a way to balance the Solo game separately from the Multiplayer game, I'd say maybe. Or I'd say use an enemy radar mod if you're worried about getting snuck up on. But I definitely don't think the game needs to start being balanced for Solo.

Not sure what is worse... The Ancients or OP's spelling...

Try Fortitude, its a pretty common drop from nightmare missions, and gives you a chance to resist getting tenta'd

Also try to keep an eye on your 6.

i would like to see u type in portugeusee, can you? Ok no? Then do not mock.

I think it should 'drain' energy, maybe determined by how long it is in contact with you. Not take it all. Then players can react and retaliate, instead of being a sitting duck. It seems to make no difference between my nova (who has about 450 with maxed flow) and my rhino (150) which makes no sense.

If they had a way to balance the Solo game separately from the Multiplayer game, I'd say maybe. Or I'd say use an enemy radar mod if you're worried about getting snuck up on. But I definitely don't think the game needs to start being balanced for Solo.

Why shouldn't the game start being balanced for solo?

It's not like it gets any more challenging with more players. In fact, it gets easier.

I can't name any other game that gives you an I-win button if you pack more people in, can you?

It's not like it gets any more challenging with more players. In fact, it gets easier.

Yeah, that's the point. That's why I said what I said, dude. OP is suggesting that something in the game is too hard for Solo players, which means he wants something changed purely for Solo players. If the game is balanced-- made easier-- because of Solo players, when playing with multiple people already makes the game easier, what do you think that's going to do to the people who play the game with others?

( Here's a hint: It'll make the game too easy for them. whoops that's not a hint that's the answer )

Yes I agree! Taking all of your energy away is beyond $&*&*#(%& to me and I don't see the point. They should do what they do besides the energy take away which is disrupt. They render you useless to use any skills for a period of time so why add the energy take away with it? Double negative with one attack..... They can even make it like the EMP Grenade in COD where you can't call in anything for a period of time. The disrupt should leaving you unable to cast for a period of time. Where does the energy take away come in at but whatever. 

Yeah, that's the point. That's why I said what I said, dude. OP is suggesting that something in the game is too hard for Solo players, which means he wants something changed purely for Solo players. If the game is balanced-- made easier-- because of Solo players, when playing with multiple people already makes the game easier, what do you think that's going to do to the people who play the game with others?

( Here's a hint: It'll make the game too easy for them. whoops that's not a hint that's the answer )

I'm sorry mate, but you're wrong there. The right and proper way for DE to solve the problem is to scale enemy spawns and the types of enemies that spawn based on how many players are in game.

For example, in solo mode, only 50 enemies should spawn, With 2 people 110, with 3, 170 enemies, and with a full house, 250.

The more players there are, the more firepower and tactics can be used against the enemies, and thus the cumulative spawn numbers should have a little bit more added.

Erm 

Ancien healer -> Evil guy you are killing and he is healing

Ancien toxic -> After some hight round def , try getting near accidently or eventually get the good idea to melee because you dont have ammo oh and dont run on the toxic smoke after and dont confuse torid smoke and him...

Ancien (the one that have fun or your energy) : well i dont know why but this ont got buffed ...faster , stronger

Also in general Its seem like the anciens got buffed in overall move , damage and resistance , they tend to know back your 3-4 time in a row , and eventually ninja energy (atleast if he had use of it just after...)

I personally am against making solo easier. And I'm a solo player. It the only way to get a true challenge.

I personally am against making solo easier. And I'm a solo player. It the only way to get a true challenge.

As much as I can understand this mentality, the difficulty is BRUTAL for anyone who doesn't want to PUG or can't.

Gameplay turns into a 'press 4 to win' spam at any level other than Voids. 

Players are allowed to make silly mistakes in 4-man teams because their teammates pick up the slack.

I'm sure that a revamped Nightmare mode will satisfy your cravings for a challenge.

I'm sorry mate, but you're wrong there. The right and proper way for DE to solve the problem is to scale enemy spawns and the types of enemies that spawn based on how many players are in game.

If they had a way to balance the Solo game separately from the Multiplayer game, I'd say maybe.

I still feel pretty right.

Edited by TheResult

You're treating me like I'm saying something opposite to you, when I'm not.

I said that if they could change the Solo game separately from the Multiplayer game, then maybe they should do something about the energy-sapping Ancients. The only thing I said that you disagreed with was that they shouldn't balance the game around Solo, and if you were reading my post, you'd see that the reason I said that was because I didn't want the Multiplayer game-- the game that most people play-- to become easier, just for the Solo players.

Your suggestion, in turn, was that they could balance the Solo game separately from the Multiplayer game, which-- if you'll remember me just saying-- I said could justify the change.

So if you want to explain to me in some detail why you think I'm still wrong, I'm all ears. Otherwise, it seems like you're just being contradictory for the sake of being contradictory?

Erm 

Ancien healer -> Evil guy you are killing and he is healing

Ancien toxic -> After some hight round def , try getting near accidently or eventually get the good idea to melee because you dont have ammo oh and dont run on the toxic smoke after and dont confuse torid smoke and him...

Ancien (the one that have fun or your energy) : well i dont know why but this ont got buffed ...faster , stronger

Also in general Its seem like the anciens got buffed in overall move , damage and resistance , they tend to know back your 3-4 time in a row , and eventually ninja energy (atleast if he had use of it just after...)

Well consider this: the Disruptor's special attack is avoided by not being hit, right? Well the other Ancients punish you for being hit too, with the knockdown. However, you did not list the knockdown in your list. Healers and Toxics have special effects besides their knockdown. The Disruptor on the other hand has his special effect tied to his knockdown. This makes him a very boring unit, because you don't have to do anything special to deal with him. You just get punished harder for messing up. That is bad enemy design.

You're treating me like I'm saying something opposite to you, when I'm not.

I said that if they could change the Solo game separately from the Multiplayer game, then maybe they should do something about the energy-sapping Ancients. The only thing I said that you disagreed with was that they shouldn't balance the game around Solo, and if you were reading my post, you'd see that the reason I said that was because I didn't want the Multiplayer game-- the game that most people play-- to become easier, just for the Solo players.

Your suggestion, in turn, was that they could balance the Solo game separately from the Multiplayer game, which-- if you'll remember me just saying-- I said could justify the change.

So if you want to explain to me in some detail why you think I'm still wrong, I'm all ears. Otherwise, it seems like you're just being contradictory for the sake of being contradictory?

No, I have no reason to keep saying you're wrong. I'll own up to it and admit that I was mistaken. I thought you were saying that it was impossible to balance the game for solo therefore they should not. I had a few experiences where people came out and outright said that.

Saying that it was unnecessary to balance the game for solo players, and that making it harder for soloers actually increased the incentive to co-op.

Dealing with those people has put me on edge time and time again, especially when the game gets easier during co-op mode when it should in fact get harder to compensate. That is too much nonsense for me even on my best days.

It's not even about the energy sapping ancients. Those are just one type of enemy, and a symptom of the larger problem.

I'm glad you agree with me that the game's scaling system is borked, if that is what you're saying.

Edit: The solo scaling cannot be separated from the duo or trio scaling. There needs to be a sliding scale which auto-adjusts based on the number of people in the mission when it launches, or which auto adjusts when someone disconnects.

I don't think this issue can remain unattended until the game launches.

Edited by Destro6677

one thing that i have found that helps you keep your energy from being stolen by those damn ancient vampires is always be moving.  im not saying that they cant get you if you are moving, it just seems to me that it happens a lot less.  sliding around them helps a ton too.

To OP Sim esses disruptores são bastante dizer, se você vê-los. Tente levantar-se acima deles, e sempre matá-los primeiro. Desculpem a gramática pobre, digitei isso com google translate ..

In the past disruptors needed two hits to drain your energy, so they never took all of it in one hit. Or they never got anything the first hit, but the second draind you.

So you always had time to get away or kill..

I would rather see it a little differently. The Ancient Disrupter does just that, disrupts your flow. He takes away your shields and enough energy to prevent escape.

Even on low levels they are a big threat, but only if they get close.

The only change I would ever want to make with it is maybe instead of taking away ALL your energy, to take away a big percentage (like 90%). That MIGHT give you enough for a #1 ability if you have the right mods.