The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich Mods - what am I doing wrong?

Lyricallee

Question

I equipped the 3 mods I need to vanquish my lich, I thought based on the graphic below that I had correctly guessed the slot for the first mod, so I reversed the 2nd and 3rd but they don't "light up" and when I fight him, his health won't go below the first bar on the right.  Im really sick of this thing stealing my loot.  I have watched a bunch of videos and read the wiki, but it doesn't seem to specifically address my question and the videos I have watched more or less just say "match the order of the mods". What am I missing? Help?

https://i.imgur.com/m5SNtd7.png

UPDATE:  I was able to kill my lich this morning, I think there was a bug that wasn't allowing me to hit X to finish him, but today I was able to see the X and vanquish him. 

Edited by Lyricallee
update

6 answers to this question

Might be a bug, I've had one 'solo' run against a lich and it literally didn't lose any health, no matter what I hit it with.... next mission with a squad and it was killed off pretty quickly. 

Just for your peace of mind what you basically do is kill stage 1 (ie wipe out first bar), press x, kill stage 2 (second bar), press x, kill stage 3 (third bar), press x and then when the options come up you press d to get your weapon.

For whatever reason, the first slot looks like it's been tested but you're not getting to the point of testing the second mod. If it had been tested and failed it would be red and have a strike through it. Are you leaving the mission having only stabbed him once?

If it's not losing health, is it an impact lich? They have an iron skin like ability which you have to get through before you can do damage to them.

Edited by schilds

Seems like a bug. The second mod should have that red line over it, if you stabbed your lich.

It's like you only stabbed the lich once.

Is this your first lich?

You need to deal damage to it until you completely empty its first health bar, and then stab it.

Then, you need to deal more damage to it until you empty the second health bar, then stab it again.

Then, you deal more damage to empty the third and last health bar, and then stab it one last time to finish it off.

You can't perform all three stabs by draining only the first health bar.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum

7 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

Can you elaborate more on this?

Like, there is no action for you when you drop his HP to the 2nd guage?

the first bar depletes, then the shield immediately refills.  When I seemed to get the first mod spot correct, he had an X {like a finisher) I selected, I am not seeing that X again.  When I watch videos of the whole fight, it seems like folks are getting enough time to see and select an X after getting his health down.  I tried using khora's ensnare to hold him still when his health was down(its how I got the first mod spot) but not seeing the X.  Subsequently tried with a tanky trinity but that didn't work either.  I guess I will try with other frames. 

17 minutes ago, Lyricallee said:

the first bar depletes, then the shield immediately refills.  When I seemed to get the first mod spot correct, he had an X {like a finisher) I selected, I am not seeing that X again.  When I watch videos of the whole fight, it seems like folks are getting enough time to see and select an X after getting his health down.  I tried using khora's ensnare to hold him still when his health was down(its how I got the first mod spot) but not seeing the X.  Subsequently tried with a tanky trinity but that didn't work either.  I guess I will try with other frames. 

Sounds like a bug to me.

Similar bugs would be fixed on itself on the next day cycle, but in case you don't want to try your luck, you might want to send a support ticket to DE.

I heard that they have the ability to "reset" your kuva lich without deleting your progress