Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I really need some help

Nalthanis

Question

I'm going nuts with the game, really, I am trying to download the thing but it seems impossible. First, I downloaded the game from Steam, once I opened the launcher it started to update but after a while it got to 11.4M or 38.3 MB and said: Update failed! ERROR_CONNECTION_INTERNET_RESET, tried running the cache validation, unchecking Bulk Download, starting it as an Admin from the game folder but it did not work. I reinstalled it just to find the same problem. Then, I decided to download it from the official site, but what a surprise, I can't, when I try to click the stupid Download button it seems as if it was loading something but at the end the page crashes and the download does not start. Is it my fate not to play this game?

12 answers to this question

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Nalthanis:

I'm going nuts with the game, really, I am trying to download the thing but it seems impossible. First, I downloaded the game from Steam, once I opened the launcher it started to update but after a while it got to 11.4M or 38.3 MB and said: Update failed! ERROR_CONNECTION_INTERNET_RESET, tried running the cache validation, unchecking Bulk Download, starting it as an Admin from the game folder but it did not work. I reinstalled it just to find the same problem. Then, I decided to download it from the official site, but what a surprise, I can't, when I try to click the stupid Download button it seems as if it was loading something but at the end the page crashes and the download does not start. Is it my fate not to play this game?

uhm, as this is the first time i hear/read this, may it cause by your pc/internet connection?

what specs do your pc have?

hace 2 horas, (PS4)NewcastleDisease dijo:

uhm, as this is the first time i hear/read this, may it cause by your pc/internet connection?

what specs do your pc have?

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core 3.20 GHZ

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

RAM: 8,00 GB

64 Bits System

My internect connection is fine, I can play other online games without a problem

1 hour ago, Nalthanis said:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core 3.20 GHZ

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

RAM: 8,00 GB

64 Bits System

My internect connection is fine, I can play other online games without a problem

Try going into the launcher settings (cog on the top right) and turning off bulk and aggressive download.

You could also try uninstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2015-2019 (all the ones you find) if Programs and features/apps and reinstalling both the x86 and x64 ones below. Corruption in these can cause download issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

I wonder if the DDOS protection has somehow blocked your address. Go to www.whatismyip.com and make a note of your address. Shut down your modem/router until that site shows a different one. That should get you around it if it is the DDOS protection.

• Like 1

hace 22 horas, Shalath dijo:

Try going into the launcher settings (cog on the top right) and turning off bulk and aggressive download.

You could also try uninstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2015-2019 (all the ones you find) if Programs and features/apps and reinstalling both the x86 and x64 ones below. Corruption in these can cause download issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

I wonder if the DDOS protection has somehow blocked your address. Go to www.whatismyip.com and make a note of your address. Shut down your modem/router until that site shows a different one. That should get you around it if it is the DDOS protection.

I have already turned off the bulk and aggressive download options and nothing, I repaired those Microsoft Visual C++ things but I'll try reinstalling them and see if that works. Thanks!

En 23/12/2019 a las 11:36, Shalath dijo:

It didn't work either 😞 maybe if I attach the logs the launcher gives, will it kinda help? Since the support isn't even trying to help me.

After trying everything, searching for the same problem online and getting no answer from support, it seems the issue comes from my internet provider, there are a lot of other players that can't even update the game using the same internet provider, the ony way they have been able to even play at some point is using a VPN or mobile data from their phones. It seems we are doomed to not play, the internet provider does not correct the problem with the game and does not even gives a sh*t about it, obviously less the Warframe support. Still, thanks for the help guys.

47 minutes ago, Nalthanis said:

After trying everything, searching for the same problem online and getting no answer from support, it seems the issue comes from my internet provider, there are a lot of other players that can't even update the game using the same internet provider, the ony way they have been able to even play at some point is using a VPN or mobile data from their phones. It seems we are doomed to not play, the internet provider does not correct the problem with the game and does not even gives a sh*t about it, obviously less the Warframe support. Still, thanks for the help guys.

It sounds like your ISP is interfering with the connections. You could try a VPN to get the updates and see if the game itself is unafected maybe?

• Like 1

En 26/12/2019 a las 9:35, Shalath dijo:

It sounds like your ISP is interfering with the connections. You could try a VPN to get the updates and see if the game itself is unafected maybe?

I downloaded a VPN and it let me download and log in without a problem 😞 but it is limited so I can't use more than 500MB from it, is there any way to sort this out without a VPN?

1 hour ago, Nalthanis said:

I downloaded a VPN and it let me download and log in without a problem 😞 but it is limited so I can't use more than 500MB from it, is there any way to sort this out without a VPN?

Very unlikely...you can check other VPN services that might not have a limit, or pay for one (temporarily) so there's no issues like that.

• Like 1