Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your reasons to play in solo? 2019

angias

Yes I did a thread on the same subject a bit over a year ago.

Warframe is a cooperative game though the solo gameplay is proudly defended by the community.

But that is not really my point. My point is why do you enjoy playing solo more than co-op?

I would like some development in your opinion. Something a little bit more than: Lul, spy sortie exist.

I don't force you to post here so no need to give me half of an answer.

Your casual-elistist Angias.

Edited by angias
Little misspellings

I like to play in a way that I enjoy - with my dearest Valkyr Prime. I don't need people sneer down at me for it, as I'm simply not gonna change my playstyle to suit someone else. Their opinion wouldn't matter to me, but I just don't need that kind of negativity in my life, lul.
Also, honestly, I love my kills.
/shrug

• Like 5

il y a 1 minute, (XB1)TyeGoo a dit :

Funnily enough, I played 10 minutes this morning and got 2 host migrations back to back.

That is kinda annoying.

For my case I can tell I don't have such issues with host migration.

Maybe one every 2 or 3 hours.

For me going solo is usually determined by wanting to do things my own way at my own pace, without relying on randomness of strangers.

The option of forming a group, is usually undermined by the "I want to do this now" factor, since forming a group to do what you want the way you want isn't always a fast process.

To add to that, I also enjoy the challenge of being able to beat all content solo ( which I have done so far ). although that's typically a one-off.

I don't enjoy the game solo, it gets quite boring and uneventful personally. I'm fascinated by those that enjoy being by themself in Warframe though.

Anyways, it I do have to solo (which is more and more frequent even though I dislike it), I'm capable of taking whatever tool is right for the job.

• Like 1

I usually play between 12 to 2 am night and most of the nodes are empty at this time. Other than that I play solo when I am trying new mode for the first time like disruption, index etc to prevent being yelled at by others.

eidolons, fissure missions, ESO, railjack benefit from more players in the mission

capture missions, sabotage missions, rescue missions on average are slower with more people and thus do not benefit from more players in the mission

so the answer is people making me wait is bad, and missions rewarding me for co-oping is the only reason i can stand waiting on other people to either figure out how to get to the end of the mission, or to even play the game.

No lag.

I can pause the game. 

Spy missions, no risk of someone #*!%ing things up.

I can go farm boxes or anything I want.

Arbitrations in particular are easier solo. You have the risk if dying with no revive, but it beats having to deal with pubs dying in the first 3 minutes then being bombarded by mobs, or having to deal with scattered allies in a long mission.

The only thing I never solo is fissures. I solo mostly everything else. 

I just dislike the majority of people.  I play the way I want to and at whatever pace I feel like.  I don't expect people to do as I do.  I also get physically angry at unexplained or careless stupidity (so people who know they're stupid but don't care to learn) and I only ever want to fail because of something I did wrong, not because of something someone else did wrong.  I don't want to deal with migrations or people with crap Internet which can cause game breaking bugs such as getting stuck in transition loops.  I have the gear to solo basically anything the game throws at me and actually enjoy the challenge on the rare occasions I don't.  

I play coop mostly, but i like going solo from time to time. Mostly because of latency issues, or maybe when i want to farm at my own pace (like when fishing or mining). Lately i played solo mostly when farming my kuva liches; i started doing it quite some time after the update, and after reading all the kill-or-dont-kill-your-lich drama on the forums, i prefer to avoid those situations.

People, because other people exist. They don't listen. Puglets ruin everything. This is why I always solo everything. You tell them to wait / not do x thing, they go right ahead and do it anyway. Theres almost always no communication between players because they ignore chat and have voip turned off. So yeah, screw pubbing. I can only rely on one person and one person alone, myself.

• Like 2

My reasons to solo are:

• Slow teammates
  • Spy vaults
  • Friendship doors
  • Fewer enemy spawn in defense hastens progress
  • Fortuna/Plains fishers and miners (I forgot this)

Other than that, increased enemy spawns, spreading to multiple objectives, more relic rewards to chose makes co-op more efficient in time/reward.

Edited by sitfesz
  • Like 2

I solo everything solo-able in every game I've ever played. Being forced into a group for anything is a big turn-off for me.

I lag even in a group of 2 with one friend, and my friend plays in a room over, over the same wifi... enemies warp around making it impossible to hit stuff like Dargyns on the Plains of Eidolon. Enemies swarm into a room when they were once way down a long corridor.

I don't play for long stretches at a time. I play a mission here, a mission there, with long pauses between, while I look up stuff on the internet, like these forums, or phone games, or watch a tv show, and then run another mission.

I also enjoy running spy missions, which are more of a "solo thing" anyway.

I don't play the way others want me to play.
I don't do the things others want me to do.
I don't want to use the frames/weapons others want me to use.
I don't want to schedule my time around others' schedules.
I don't want to hear other people swearing and yelling and commands (especially kids/squeakers as my friend calls them.)

Even playing with one friend, occasionally, it's not really fun - it's stressful, but it's required to get some things done.

I just want to play the game at my own pace. Opening crates/lockers, scouring asteroid fields for resources after I solo an Empyrean node (because others just want to rush on to the next mission, and I want to pull out every last bit of resources from each map, and there's tons of stuff people miss if they just rush from mission to mission.) Or I'll rush to a capture target and to the extraction while people fight everything... just not fun coordinating what is desired... and my playstyle changes on a whim.

Overall, solo is just more fun for me, and fits my life.

Grouping interferes with my life.
(oh yeah, good point about friendship doors, in the post above. I hate those things, and don't have to worry about them, solo.)

Edit: Who could forget being able to PAUSE YOUR GAME. Yeah, that's one of my biggest reasons right there.

Edited by (PS4)AyinDygra
  • Like 2

Playing solo has the option for you to do what you wish to do efficiently.

Playing coop means you need to reduce your needs and cooperate with others.

Both way efficient in some way firstly the solo mode means you can go rush, slow, farm as much as you want but with less enemy and less xp. Playing coop gives you more reward and more stuff to loot but in exchange you need to work as a teamplayer.

I personally like to play both way because there are things that I like to do alone and there are missions what I prefer to play with team. This is depending on your playing habits, in this time line those can also contribute and play coop games, whom are usually playing single player games and not really wish to bother with others. In the other hand there are a lot more player whom like to do the opposite and playing coop, mass online games.

Warframe in this term a coop game which let you do in your way but there are certain mission types, what more suited to cooperative-teamplayers. Railjack is a step on this way and while you may can play it solo but hard because it intended for cooperation which is a double edged blade. Either players can be mad at others or could like others presence and help but like everything this have multiple issues to begin with.