Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insectoid Frame Idea

(PSN)JAyMaN002

GENESIS the Insectoid Queen | ReWorked 

Passive - Alternative abilities according to insect form. With no melee weapon equipped   Mantis  form  uses her Kama-like pincers as weapons (Utilizing dual-sword stance mods). Antennae   form grants short-range enemy detection through walls, increases her sprint speed, impact-damage from bullet jumping, and a shockwave effect when landing from great heights. Arachnid  form  grants unlimited wall-latch duration, her limbs have an  30% automatic Reflection bonus. Thorax grants flight, draining minor energy over-time, with a vacuum ability for pickups.  

Health: 150
Shield: 75
Armor: 600 
Energy: 125
Sprint: 1.10 (1.25 in Antennae form) 

Evolution : Genesis adapts into a different insect based on her physical position.  Her base-form is
Mantis (casting Evolution while standing / Meleeing with no weapon reverts back). 
Antennae - Cast while Crouching. Sprout a pair of Cricket legs & antennas. 
Arachnid - Cast while wall-latching. Sprouts 4 sharp limbs from her back. 
Thorax - Cast while in mid-air. Sprouts 4 wings from her back. Primary and secondary weapons are available during flight. However, Melee 
use automatically slams to the ground, reverting back to Mantis mode. 

Projection : A secondary attack based on her current insect form.
Augment (Elemental Projection): Each ability gains a different elemental boost. 
Mantis - Uses pinchers in a defensive stance automatically Reflecting 95% of projectile damage back to enemies with a 10% chance of additional Toxin damage—Cancel by combat roll / bullet-jump. (Augment: max 50% chance of additional Corrosive damage
Antennae - Leap kicks, viciously ragdolling an enemy, knocking away others in their vicinity. (Damage: 500 - 750 - 1000 ) ( Augment: Generates increased fire damage with each successful attack   
Arachnid - Limbs form bio-synthetic webs. She can create a max of 3 at once. Cocooned enemies become 100% vulnerable to ground finishers, enemies snared near walls will automatically cling them to it. Launching a single web at the wall, grants allies unlimited wall-latch duration. Launching a web at a downed ally keeps them stationary while slowing their respawn timer. (AugmentElectrified webs damage the enemies over time, protects downed Allies with a shock web, and wall-latching to them grants an electric bonus to melee weapons after 3s) 
Thorax - Slow flight speed, emitting a melodic, buzzing noise that decreases enemy accuracy (Accuracy: -35% - 50% - 70%). Genesis draws 70% aggression from enemies affected. Drains additional energy over time. (Augment: Radioactive spores trickle from her wings gradually afflicting enemies & boosting additional radiation damage done by allies in her vicinity.) 

Chrysalis : Although this has a slow casting speed, she cocoons herself in an impenetrable pod, replenishing health & boosting armor. If she’s dealt with damage beforehand, chrysalis alleviates herself of status procs and immunizes herself to them (Duration: 6 - 10 - 15s) once released. Chrysalis can also be cast while wall-latching (Energy-based duration), recast to burst out of it. If she’s downed while casting, Chrysalis coats her in a Toxic aura that poisons nearby enemies. 
(Hive Mode - If Mother of Swarms is active during Chrysalis, the Swarm will instantly take defense mode, drawing 100% aggro from enemies. Even from with the Chrysalis, recasting the Swarm will carry, and transport her around the battlefield.)

Mother of Swarms : Must be performed on a cocooned enemy or killed by a stealth finisher. Genesis approaches her prey implanting her energy within them, they will be revived as her mindless husk, radiating with her energy color. Her zombified subject even reacts to swarm abilities by attacking enemies, defending mission objectives alongside her, deactivating alarms for her stealth, or destroying itself in demo mode. 
The Gestation Meter quickly charges while it defends her (she must protect it as well, until the meter is filled). When gestation is finished, recast to detonate the husk into a cloud of synthetic insects that follow and protect her. Toggle at enemies with a signature attack—performs Stealth & Ground finishers for her. Swarm
itself cycles through 4 sub-abilities (Attack mode for damage - Defense mode for damage protection - Stealth mode for silencing her weapon sounds - Demo mode for detonating themselves either around her or targeting a specific enemy). The Swarm is affected by & enhances the abilities of the insect-form she implanted them with. 
Mantis-Swarm - (damage-based) Increases bleed-out rates from all sources. 

Antennae-Swarm - (support-based, in heavily outnumbered situations) extends enemy radar, swarms & lifts enemies helplessly in mid-air, highlighting them in her own energy color for better targeting. 

Arachnid-Swarm - (defense-base, for low health situations) Recovers additional health & armor by Toggling on cocooned enemies. Automatically takes defensive mode against projectiles while wall-latching. 

Thorax-Swarm - (demo-base, heavier artillery) Attacks enemies to replenish energy & armor instead. Specific defensive mode: Ignites itself in a fiery cloud of Radiation charging at nearby enemies, and confusing those that survive its fury with 100% Radiation status. 

The Swarm has a base of 1500 health partially affected by her Health mods. Reticule / Toggle control direct the swarm at a single target or an ally. Allies gain 100% of the Swarm's benefit-but only their Queen can cycle through abilities. 

Genesis becomes queen of the battlefield when her swarm is at hand, use her well, Tenno. 

This is cool kit sticking to theme, seems a bit overloaded at first glance but it really isn't.

I think changing form should take at least one second. Overall its something i would really love to see in game, dynamically switching to get the job done with the most fitting tools. I don't like her 4 that much but i don't have idea for ability better fitting the theme and beeing actually useful as your proposition.

• Like 1

Il y a 17 heures, Spyro_Haze a dit :

This is cool kit sticking to theme, seems a bit overloaded at first glance but it really isn't.

I think changing form should take at least one second. Overall its something i would really love to see in game, dynamically switching to get the job done with the most fitting tools. I don't like her 4 that much but i don't have idea for ability better fitting the theme and beeing actually useful as your proposition.

Yea word, it looks like a lot but it’s just so each form gets their own tactics. 
For her 4th I didn’t wanna overdo it more than I needed. A bug Queen needs her swarm

i actually got the idea from the Pokémon, Vespiquen lmao

On 2019-12-23 at 8:47 AM, (PS4)JAyMaN002 said:
GENESIS the Insectoid Queen | ReWorked 

Passive - Alternative abilities according to insect form. With no melee weapon equipped   Mantis  form  uses her Kama-like pincers as weapons (Utilizing dual-sword stance mods). Antennae   form grants short-range enemy detection through walls, increases her sprint speed, impact-damage from bullet jumping, and a shockwave effect when landing from great heights. Arachnid  form  grants unlimited wall-latch duration, her limbs have an  30% automatic Reflection bonus. Thorax grants flight, draining minor energy over-time, with a vacuum ability for pickups.  

Health: 150
Shield: 75
Armor: 600 
Energy: 125
Sprint: 1.10 (1.25 in Antennae form) 

Evolution : Genesis adapts into a different insect based on her physical position.  Her base-form is
Mantis (casting Evolution while standing / Meleeing with no weapon reverts back). 
Antennae - Cast while Crouching. Sprout a pair of Cricket legs & antennas. 
Arachnid - Cast while wall-latching. Sprouts 4 sharp limbs from her back. 
Thorax - Cast while in mid-air. Sprouts 4 wings from her back. Primary and secondary weapons are available during flight. However, Melee 
use automatically slams to the ground, reverting back to Mantis mode. 

Projection : A secondary attack based on her current insect form.
Augment (Elemental Projection): Each ability gains a different elemental boost. 
Mantis - Uses pinchers in a defensive stance automatically Reflecting 95% of projectile damage back to enemies with a 10% chance of additional Toxin damage—Cancel by combat roll / bullet-jump. (Augment: max 50% chance of additional Corrosive damage
Antennae - Leap kicks, viciously ragdolling an enemy, knocking away others in their vicinity. (Damage: 500 - 750 - 1000 ) ( Augment: Generates increased fire damage with each successful attack   
Arachnid - Limbs form bio-synthetic webs. She can create a max of 3 at once. Cocooned enemies become 100% vulnerable to ground finishers, enemies snared near walls will automatically cling them to it. Launching a single web at the wall, grants allies unlimited wall-latch duration. Launching a web at a downed ally keeps them stationary while slowing their respawn timer. (AugmentElectrified webs damage the enemies over time, protects downed Allies with a shock web, and wall-latching to them grants an electric bonus to melee weapons after 3s) 
Thorax - Slow flight speed, emitting a melodic, buzzing noise that decreases enemy accuracy (Accuracy: -35% - 50% - 70%). Genesis draws 70% aggression from enemies affected. Drains additional energy over time. (Augment: Radioactive spores trickle from her wings gradually afflicting enemies & boosting additional radiation damage done by allies in her vicinity.) 

Chrysalis : Although this has a slow casting speed, she cocoons herself in an impenetrable pod, replenishing health & boosting armor. If she’s dealt with damage beforehand, chrysalis alleviates herself of status procs and immunizes herself to them (Duration: 6 - 10 - 15s) once released. Chrysalis can also be cast while wall-latching (Energy-based duration), recast to burst out of it. If she’s downed while casting, Chrysalis coats her in a Toxic aura that poisons nearby enemies. 
(Hive Mode - If Mother of Swarms is active during Chrysalis, the Swarm will instantly take defense mode, drawing 100% aggro from enemies. Even from with the Chrysalis, recasting the Swarm will carry, and transport her around the battlefield.)

Mother of Swarms : Must be performed on a cocooned enemy or killed by a stealth finisher. Genesis approaches her prey implanting her energy within them, they will be revived as her mindless husk, radiating with her energy color. Her zombified subject even reacts to swarm abilities by attacking enemies, defending mission objectives alongside her, deactivating alarms for her stealth, or destroying itself in demo mode. 
The Gestation Meter quickly charges while it defends her (she must protect it as well, until the meter is filled). When gestation is finished, recast to detonate the husk into a cloud of synthetic insects that follow and protect her. Toggle at enemies with a signature attack—performs Stealth & Ground finishers for her. Swarm
itself cycles through 4 sub-abilities (Attack mode for damage - Defense mode for damage protection - Stealth mode for silencing her weapon sounds - Demo mode for detonating themselves either around her or targeting a specific enemy). The Swarm is affected by & enhances the abilities of the insect-form she implanted them with. 
Mantis-Swarm - (damage-based) Increases bleed-out rates from all sources. 

Antennae-Swarm - (support-based, in heavily outnumbered situations) extends enemy radar, swarms & lifts enemies helplessly in mid-air, highlighting them in her own energy color for better targeting. 

Arachnid-Swarm - (defense-base, for low health situations) Recovers additional health & armor by Toggling on cocooned enemies. Automatically takes defensive mode against projectiles while wall-latching. 

Thorax-Swarm - (demo-base, heavier artillery) Attacks enemies to replenish energy & armor instead. Specific defensive mode: Ignites itself in a fiery cloud of Radiation charging at nearby enemies, and confusing those that survive its fury with 100% Radiation status. 

The Swarm has a base of 1500 health partially affected by her Health mods. Reticule / Toggle control direct the swarm at a single target or an ally. Allies gain 100% of the Swarm's benefit-but only their Queen can cycle through abilities. 

Genesis becomes queen of the battlefield when her swarm is at hand, use her well, Tenno. 

Well I tried making a Queen of Swarms concept but dudes trolled it with Titania because of her butterflies. 

Some of her abilities were things like being able to create a swarm of insects around her that throws off enemy fire which she could launched onto enemies to cause them to panic. And considering that certain insects can infect others I figured that they could inflict toxic or viral damage to enemies.

There was one dude who made a suggestion of her changing form. Thought the same thing for a plant type frame where she takes on a form depending on if she is standing in light or shaded areas. Shaded areas makes her more thorny and deadly looking while lit areas makes her bloom. And with the forms come 2 slightly different sets of abilities. But dudes compared it to equinox

Basically just be prepared for narrow minded trolls. They are everywhere. I’ve been thinking of a volcanic frame that could be released in the Plains as it’s third warframe to make it even with Fortuna having 3(hildryn, baruuk, garuda). But this frame could also be a decent one. 

With all the chemicals and stuff I’m surprised that the Grineer haven’t created mutated creatures as a result. Which lead to creating this particular warframe. Or at least awakened it to get revenge on the grineer for destroying her home. Could see the wild life expert being curious about the strange insects and such flying around and has us investigate. So we start finding nests and cocoons. Which eventually revealed to be grineer. Though we don’t feel sorry for them we do become concerned as to what happened to them. Which leads us to an underground hive where we fight this frame and she sends her minions(the kind you suggested) at us to fight off.  Could be an opportunity to release not so much as a brand new enemy but a type of wild life that we fight off in the plains similar to the kubrows on earth tile sets. 

Just my opinion.

Le 24/12/2019 à 13:27, (PS4)chris1pat8twins a dit :

Well I tried making a Queen of Swarms concept but dudes trolled it with Titania because of her butterflies. 

Some of her abilities were things like being able to create a swarm of insects around her that throws off enemy fire which she could launched onto enemies to cause them to panic. And considering that certain insects can infect others I figured that they could inflict toxic or viral damage to enemies.

There was one dude who made a suggestion of her changing form. Thought the same thing for a plant type frame where she takes on a form depending on if she is standing in light or shaded areas. Shaded areas makes her more thorny and deadly looking while lit areas makes her bloom. And with the forms come 2 slightly different sets of abilities. But dudes compared it to equinox

Basically just be prepared for narrow minded trolls. They are everywhere. I’ve been thinking of a volcanic frame that could be released in the Plains as it’s third warframe to make it even with Fortuna having 3(hildryn, baruuk, garuda). But this frame could also be a decent one. 

With all the chemicals and stuff I’m surprised that the Grineer haven’t created mutated creatures as a result. Which lead to creating this particular warframe. Or at least awakened it to get revenge on the grineer for destroying her home. Could see the wild life expert being curious about the strange insects and such flying around and has us investigate. So we start finding nests and cocoons. Which eventually revealed to be grineer. Though we don’t feel sorry for them we do become concerned as to what happened to them. Which leads us to an underground hive where we fight this frame and she sends her minions(the kind you suggested) at us to fight off.  Could be an opportunity to release not so much as a brand new enemy but a type of wild life that we fight off in the plains similar to the kubrows on earth tile sets. 

Just my opinion.

Trust me, I see where you’re going. I think Warframe could use more nature base frames, it’s a little all over the place with the ninja concept atm. Best idea is probably combining nature with itself and maybe leaving one part out to expand on. 
If you seen Cetrion from mortal kombat, she’s basically Mother Nature & mixes the elements together. So a Bug Queen with some plant powers/ or a Plant type with some bug powers. Something that coincides. 
personally I could see a Volcano-frame as it’s own thing. Tbh I might work on one next & see what works lol

7 hours ago, (PS4)JAyMaN002 said:

Trust me, I see where you’re going. I think Warframe could use more nature base frames, it’s a little all over the place with the ninja concept atm. Best idea is probably combining nature with itself and maybe leaving one part out to expand on. 
If you seen Cetrion from mortal kombat, she’s basically Mother Nature & mixes the elements together. So a Bug Queen with some plant powers/ or a Plant type with some bug powers. Something that coincides. 
personally I could see a Volcano-frame as it’s own thing. Tbh I might work on one next & see what works lol

Well this is the concept I’ve made. Still trying to work on the drawing to make it more detailed. And trying to think of more interesting skill set for him. I’ve made many before but this is the first time I got a drawing for him. 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

8 hours ago, (PS4)JAyMaN002 said:

I have a my fair share of nature based warframes. One bug(spider ) and the other is plant based. 

The spider one belongs to masternomad but I'm helping with the kit.

• Like 1