Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Prime....and then this.

Hexsing

I was given a lovely gift this holidays. I was given Ivara and all of her thing and accessories.  It also came with a ton of plat. 

She looks good. And she plays just like Ivara should. 

But then something happened.  I bought Garuda.  And now Ivara is sort of....nowhere for me.  Its all Garuda all the time.  She's just so....I don't know how to describe her.   Yes yes. Her claws need some love.  So very very true. 

But this is the first frame where I feel like I'm playing a something thematic and powerful.

I just love her.  And if it for Ivara Id never would have even  considered her.  But I watched a video from Quite Shallow and I was like.  This could be fun.  Now just adore her.

That being said.  These claws.  I want to use them exclusively.  And I feel like they need something.  Exalted yes.  But I almost think something is lacking. Im using a slash and viral but it does not compete with my other melee.

Otherwise. Great work. 

• Like 1

Garuda's passive just sux. I like her, but her passive is useless if everyone plays her like she is a support warframe or a tank or something. I'd use her more if she had a better passive, what good is more damage at the risk of being 1 tapped by a stray toxin or slash proc. Yes I know everyone says quick thinking, but when it kicks in there is a stagger that leads to getting shot even more, it barely helps if at all.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario

There’s different Threads about buffing her Claws, as someone who mains Garuda for over a Year, my usage for her Claws are very low. Yeah they got highest Damage and Range than other Claws but i still prefer other Melees. Outside of that, she’s in a special place in my heart.

The claws are mediocre largely because they're status-oriented, and status melee doesn't have much  to offer at the moment.

That should get addressed in any case, but...

19 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

One particular thing that's always bugged me about her claws is that they're slash status weapons on a frame that can already make any damage source produce slash status effects.  This is by no means bad per se, since her 4 allows the doubling up of those effects, and it's not on all the time.   But it would be elegant design if the Talons had better crit potential.

So...what if not only the damage, but also the crit% and critX of her claws scaled with her passive in some way?  That seems like potentially a pretty fun niche to me.

Edited by Tiltskillet

The only issue im having with Garuda at the moment is her Talons cause some aiming issues with guns.  Or seems too 

Also in all of the group runs I play someone feels the need to heal me because they freak out at the damage I inflict on myself.

7 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Ah yes, I can relate to self inflicted damage >_> 

Just got a Vampire cat.  Also her helmet.  Also a Sayandana.  I put Ivara's armor on her and she looks great.

Dont get me wrong though. Ivara is still my 3rd fave frame.  

But yes...sigh. I wish people would stop healing my Garuda.  Sigh.

1 hour ago, Hexsing said:

But yes...sigh. I wish people would stop healing my Garuda.  Sigh.

I used to be like this at the early times of playing Garuda, but now, not so much. Although if i’m playing with a Trin, keeping my damage buff is next to impossible until i’m out of Affinity Range.

8 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

I used to be like this at the early times of playing Garuda, but now, not so much. Although if i’m playing with a Trin, keeping my damage buff is next to impossible until i’m out of Affinity Range.

True. But even with my health being restored I can still dish the damage.  I don't have all the mods I need for her at the moment.  But Garuda can really move around the tile set with ease.  

Her 1 is great.

Her 2 is great

Her 3 is So straight forward its great and

Her 4 is just a slashy slash of shashes.  Its just super great.  

On 2019-12-23 at 12:19 PM, Hexsing said:

I was given a lovely gift this holidays. I was given Ivara and all of her thing and accessories.  It also came with a ton of plat. 

She looks good. And she plays just like Ivara should. 

But then something happened.  I bought Garuda.  And now Ivara is sort of....nowhere for me.  Its all Garuda all the time.  She's just so....I don't know how to describe her.   Yes yes. Her claws need some love.  So very very true. 

But this is the first frame where I feel like I'm playing a something thematic and powerful.

I just love her.  And if it for Ivara Id never would have even  considered her.  But I watched a video from Quite Shallow and I was like.  This could be fun.  Now just adore her.

That being said.  These claws.  I want to use them exclusively.  And I feel like they need something.  Exalted yes.  But I almost think something is lacking. Im using a slash and viral but it does not compete with my other melee.

Otherwise. Great work. 

Ivara is better

She is pretty much a blood mage, but her visuals are stunning and her talons look beast.  Her overall physical design as well as her animation sets are just completely more regal than most others.  

I don't have experience with Gara yet.  Although im not to keen on her look.  But to be honest her powers look amazing.  

I almost feel as though Garuda almost already has a prime look.  Personality I can't wait for a Garuda Prime.  

Obviously I would not use her for Spy missions or certain types of missions.  She does not have a solid CC. 

But for fun factor I'm enjoying her.  I just need to get the mods to make her great.  But right now she is impressing me.  Even with my basic stuff.

14 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

I almost feel as though Garuda almost already has a prime look.  Personality I can't wait for a Garuda Prime.  

Same here but TBH, her Successor Skin is closer to a prime look than her normal Skin. Although, i wonder how DE is going to give any of her Abilities a Prime Visual treatment because, you know, her way of giving enemies a Blood Bath.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

Same here but TBH, her Successor Skin is closer to a prime look than her normal Skin. Although, i wonder how DE is going to give any of her Abilities a Prime Visual treatment because, you know, her way of giving enemies a Blood Bath.

Very true.  For some reason I can't see skins for Garuda.   But she looks good. 

I guess with dread mirror you could add the gold or filigree to the border.  Along with those loopy things that the Orokin were obsessed with.  

Otherwise the rest could stay the same.