Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff healing return

(XBOX)GodMasterTP

It's just crazy how trash this mod is now, recovers only 11 health p/status, most enemies die before you can even proc more than 1 status, or people just straight up kill your enemies without letting you hit them. 

Not to mention the fact that this mod costs 16 capacity and it's far weaker than Life Strike (not to mention that Life Strike will fully heal you 99,99999...% of the times, because Heavy Attacks hit for crazy high damage). 

There is NO REASON for this to be so weak, at least make slash/toxic/heat procs recover health everytime they proc like a normal hit.

• Like 1

if the Enemies are dying before you can appply much Status to them, did you actually need Healing anyways?
i would also recommend using your other Weaponry to compliment the Status nature of Healing Return (and Condition Overload), as that makes your Weaponry all work together.

anyways, you have a point perhaps with DoT, i might agree that DoT should work for Healing Return, though there would have to be some extra rules put in place to keep DoT from too easily offering thousands of Health/sec.
either something like each DoT always considers to be hitting for 1 Status Effect (itself) or....... maybe only one instance of each type of DoT can trigger Healing Return (so DoT just doesn't stack for this Mod at all). maybe DoT gets a smaller Health value than normal?
looking for limiters that won't hurt slow/fast Attack Speed Weapons too disproportionately to the other type while still keeping DoT from effectively octupling or more the effects of Healing Return.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Not to mention the fact that this mod costs 16 capacity and it's far weaker than Life Strike

It requires nothing on your part but applying status. No heavy strike/the old Channeling hit. You spend nothing but swinging your melee, something you are going to do anyways.

Just now, peterc3 said:

It requires nothing on your part but applying status. No heavy strike/the old Channeling hit. You spend nothing but swinging your melee, something you are going to do anyways.

This excuse is very stupid, considering that you have to build around both Healing Return or Life Strike in order for them to work (a status build or a HA build). Also, most Heavy Attack builds nowadays don't even spend combo because lol rivens w/ +Initial Combo exist, and Corrupted Charge exists, you're uninformed.

Not to mention that you completely ignored the difference in efficiency considering Life Strike will still heal you back to 100% almost all the times with 1 hit, while Healing Return won't. Your argument is not only bad, it goes straight up to the dishonesty zone.

14 hours ago, taiiat said:

if the Enemies are dying before you can appply much Status to them, did you actually need Healing anyways?

Should I really answer it? Like, seriously?

That's a very poor logic, and you could get behind it by your own in 5 min if you actually put the effort into doing so.

Also, when it comes to the DoT aspect, why put limitations on it when Life Strike can fully heal you in 1 hit? 

Players keep asking all the Fu!;#% time for buffs on status builds, and when they have the opportunity to do so they ask for LIMITATIONS. 

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX

your very aggressive but not very useful for discussion responses sounds like you're trying to use Healing Return to do the same thing that Life Strike does. Healing Return doesn't benefit from slow/infrequent large hits. think about that.

2 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Players keep asking all the Fu!;#% time for buffs on status builds, and when they have the opportunity to do so they ask for LIMITATIONS. 

when? the 99% of the Playerbase already relies on spamming Status Effects in order to Kill even just a basic Lancer, i don't think the 99% has any thoughts about A: Status not being the """best""" for everything nor B: that Status Effects need be offer them more than they already do.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

It's just crazy how trash this mod is now, recovers only 11 health p/status, most enemies die before you can even proc more than 1 status, or people just straight up kill your enemies without letting you hit them.

Says Healing Return is useless... Also says Condition Overload is the only mod you need...

Don't they both go off of status?

20 hours ago, ResidentOrb21 said:

Has this mod even ever been useful

Its my go to for any healing I need on frames with no innate healing abilities. I was never a fan of Life Strike old or new anyways. 

On the topic at hand I would welcome any buff on healing cos why not. More healing is always better. 

Edited by Azrael_V

Melee and getting a gas proc on target would count as 3 status effects for healing return, and if you used an Artax modded for blast dmg you would get another 2 status effects if you hit the target as they got knocked down(1 if they are on the ground already)+ the 100% cold proc from Artax, and another if you applied a corrosive proc on a target with your primary and/or your secondary. Which would get you back 77 health with 1 attack if done like that.

About enemies dying before you have a chance to damage them, I suggest Cryotra (robotic weapon, from Legs in Fortuna). You can mod it for 100% status chance and choose the statuses it applies.
I like it proccing Blast as it knocks down enemies, saving them from my allies. It can affect a group of enemies at once, too.

IMHO, making Healing Return into a 5-rank mod with 11 drain is all it needs. It's very impractical as it is. 11 healing as maximum is ok.

Edited by Uthael