Jump to content
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that long swords are actually kinda okay...


(PSN)Black-Cat-Jinx
 Share

Recommended Posts

Can Titania prime please come with a Plasma Sword prime, maybe kinda themed around a light saber.............. That at last isn't trash?............

It's not bad on wisp or anything that can significantly increase attack speed but seriously it's been in the game since forever and it's terrible. Sure it was better once.... a long time ago... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not with Titania as she has the Sapra for a melee weapon which is the only other gunblade besides redeemer that people want primed.

Doubt it'll be with Nezha as he'll have chinese weapons primed with him

Maybe Inaros.

Most Likely Octavia if she were to come with a melee.

In all honesty we're more likely to get a vandal (or some other version) before the primed version.

And agreed i'd like it to be more lightsaber themed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Plasma Sword prime

 

11 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

In all honesty we're more likely to get a vandal (or some other version) before the primed version.

There will never be a primed version of the plasma sword. Not only will it conflict lore-wise, but the Plasma Sword is not a tenno weapon, it is a corpus weapon. Only tenno weapons are primed. Corpus weapons will only get a vandal variant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

 

There will never be a primed version of the plasma sword. Not only will it conflict lore-wise, but the Plasma Sword is not a tenno weapon, it is a corpus weapon. Only tenno weapons are primed. Corpus weapons will only get a vandal variant.

Where, specifically, does it state that the plasma sword is a corpus weapon?

In the codex it only describes the weapon as an advanced blade that delivers high damage and critical.

More over the same model use to be used for Gram which, having already been primed, is DEFINITELY a tenno weapon. And the new model for gram still has exposed wiring all over the weapon so it still looks very similar to the original design, so if you are going to claim that the plasma sword is a corpus weapon i need to know where you're getting that information from.

I am perfectly aware of how weapon variants get their names. I am also aware that nothing i have seen clearly delineates this to a corpus weapon and usually only "orokin" weapons or weapons based on orokin technology tend to call for orokin cells. The plasma sword does. I'm currently remodeling my dojo so i can't look in the lab but i can't think of any corpus weapons that require orokin cells. Fieldron yes, and a few that take forma i believe, none that take orokin cells. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Where, specifically, does it state that the plasma sword is a corpus weapon?

In the codex it only describes the weapon as an advanced blade that delivers high damage and critical.

More over the same model use to be used for Gram which, having already been primed, is DEFINITELY a tenno weapon. And the new model for gram still has exposed wiring all over the weapon so it still looks very similar to the original design, so if you are going to claim that the plasma sword is a corpus weapon i need to know where you're getting that information from.

The word right there: advanced.

Tenno weapons are not advanced weaponry. They're Archaic weaponry, and use such weaponry because Archaic weaponry are effective against sentients due to the sentient's adaptive nature. This is also mentioned multiple times in cephalon fragments that describe weapons and the warframe's creations. Plasma sword is no where near to be Archaic.

On top of that, no, Gram does not have wiring on it. Those are more likely to be just metal rods. IF it was wiring, then this would imply electricity flows in it, but the Gram, nor its Prime variant deal any form of electric damage, signifying that they are not wires. The rods also don't maintain a wiring pattern, and are linear in design.

Plasma sword however is indeed wiring, not only does it curves around the side of the blade, but its held together by studs (whatever those lockings are called) and its further reinforced by the fact that that it deals 66 electric damage, signifying that they have electricity in it and this is more in line to be a corpus weapon as it corresponds to their specialty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

I'm currently remodeling my dojo so i can't look in the lab but i can't think of any corpus weapons that require orokin cells.

Detron.  I can't come up with any others.

(I don't know anything about the lore, but it sure looks like something jury-rigged in a remedial Grineer shop class to me.  It looks too way to trashy  to be a Tenno or even Corpus weapon.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

The word right there: advanced.

Tenno weapons are not advanced weaponry. They're Archaic weaponry, and use such weaponry because Archaic weaponry are effective against sentients due to the sentient's adaptive nature. This is also mentioned multiple times in cephalon fragments that describe weapons and the warframe's creations. Plasma sword is no where near to be Archaic.

On top of that, no, Gram does not have wiring on it. Those are more likely to be just metal rods. IF it was wiring, then this would imply electricity flows in it, but the Gram, nor its Prime variant deal any form of electric damage, signifying that they are not wires. The rods also don't maintain a wiring pattern, and are linear in design.

Plasma sword however is indeed wiring, not only does it curves around the side of the blade, but its held together by studs (whatever those lockings are called) and its further reinforced by the fact that that it deals 66 electric damage, signifying that they have electricity in it and this is more in line to be a corpus weapon as it corresponds to their specialty.

....................... Uhm. Are you kidding?

Look. With you, specifically, I can tell that I'm arguing against an opinion rather than something you can back up with hard facts so I'm just going to... You know what no. Here.

This. This right here. Is the original design of the gram. Not a "mislabeled weapon" this is what the Gram originally looked like.

EfoFUDU.jpg

It was later redesigned to look like this image which is an accurate large scale rendering someone did of the tenno replica Gram.

attachment.php?attachmentid=391002The electrical wiring, here depicted in a kind of teal as it appears in the natural state of the gram without any player customization, is electrical power being provided to the blade generator element. In this case instead of generating heat or electricity it generates a narrow field of force that can slash and cleave targets. You saying it having exposed wiring means it should do electrical damage is like saying having there be an exposed power line coming from your street's power lines into your house means your house should do electrical damage if you hit someone with it.

Now here, is the gram prime.
latest?cb=20180925193624
Do you see any exposed wires running along the blade? No. You don't. You see a refined, well designed blade that functions similarly to it's tenno replica but is more durable, more powerful, and as all things orokin are, aesthetically pleasing. Er... From their gaudy god awful blinged out sense of taste that is.

Why is there such a difference between the gram and the gram prime? Because as all tenno weapons are, the gram is a cheap trashy knock off of a weapon that existed in the orokin empire but has been lost to the ages. The blue prints and parts that we obtain through void relics allow the Tenno to regain the superior weaponry of a lost age that no modern technology can now replicate. Not even the corpus. 

Your entire argument that the plasma sword is corpus is based purely on how you think it looks. And being that it is a TENNO weapon, it's LOOKS are based on it being a trashy knockoff of something that they no longer have the ability to replicate. That is PROBABLY also why tenno weapons have become steadily more attractive over the years since they were first woken. When they first were dragged into this battle they had to work with what trash they had available, but they're getting slowly better at designing weapons so it's starting to look and work more like it's original design. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

....................... Uhm. Are you kidding?

Look. With you, specifically, I can tell that I'm arguing against an opinion rather than something you can back up with hard facts so I'm just going to... You know what no. Here.

This. This right here. Is the original design of the gram. Not a "mislabeled weapon" this is what the Gram originally looked like.

EfoFUDU.jpg

It was later redesigned to look like this image which is an accurate large scale rendering someone did of the tenno replica Gram.

attachment.php?attachmentid=391002The electrical wiring, here depicted in a kind of teal as it appears in the natural state of the gram without any player customization, is electrical power being provided to the blade generator element. In this case instead of generating heat or electricity it generates a narrow field of force that can slash and cleave targets. You saying it having exposed wiring means it should do electrical damage is like saying having there be an exposed power line coming from your street's power lines into your house means your house should do electrical damage if you hit someone with it.

Now here, is the gram prime.
latest?cb=20180925193624
Do you see any exposed wires running along the blade? No. You don't. You see a refined, well designed blade that functions similarly to it's tenno replica but is more durable, more powerful, and as all things orokin are, aesthetically pleasing. Er... From their gaudy god awful blinged out sense of taste that is.

Why is there such a difference between the gram and the gram prime? Because as all tenno weapons are, the gram is a cheap trashy knock off of a weapon that existed in the orokin empire but has been lost to the ages. The blue prints and parts that we obtain through void relics allow the Tenno to regain the superior weaponry of a lost age that no modern technology can now replicate. Not even the corpus. 

Your entire argument that the plasma sword is corpus is based purely on how you think it looks. And being that it is a TENNO weapon, it's LOOKS are based on it being a trashy knockoff of something that they no longer have the ability to replicate. That is PROBABLY also why tenno weapons have become steadily more attractive over the years since they were first woken. When they first were dragged into this battle they had to work with what trash they had available, but they're getting slowly better at designing weapons so it's starting to look and work more like it's original design. 

If that's the case, then alright. If it isn't an advanced weapon and therefore, tenno in nature, then a plasma sword prime would be possible.

Dunno if it will come with Titania prime though, as Sarpa prime is likely next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Plasma Sword is mixed IPS + Electric anyways thereby ruining it's unique purpose as the only pure elemental 1h sword so don't think it matters much. DE ruined a lot of weapons recently by doing that. There's no reason to use many of them where before they had a purpose by being pure elemental.

For some reason Silva and Aegis escaped this fate but overall melee weapons are pretty generic now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...