oreom

Crit/Stat melee: more speed over Organ shatter?

Question

I have been using the cephaloneannab.com for reference for finding new weapons and builds. 

For their hybrid melee they mostly use the following: Pressure Point, Condition Overload, Blood Rush, Primed Fury, Berserker, 2 x 60/60, Drifting Contact. See my favourite Orthos Prime, for example: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/JBnJAOE

Would the extra speed be more beneficial than using Organ Shatter? I always thought that it is a crucial mod for high critical damage. 

Not that good with modding, so any input would be appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Organ Shatter not being in the build is an absolute travesty. They're basically cutting the OrthosP's damage into less than half by excluding it, and adding attack speed when an attack speed mod is already being used definitely won't make up for it. Diminishing returns and all that. (Similar story for Pressure Point and Condition Overload, although stacking both at least gives the benefit of oneshotting trash mobs for quite a bit longer.)

Also, OrthosP is one of those weapons that's so fast that "too much attack speed" can become a very real issue. Berserker alone can break your basic E-spam combo unless you mash very quickly, and in my experience can cause a bit of motion sickness when using Shimmering Blight's Hold combo. IMO, a second attack speed mod will only make the weapon harder to control while not adding much in the way of damage.
You'll be far better off using that extra mod slot for Primed Reach or something.

Edited by SortaRandom

6 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

You'll be far better off using that extra mod slot for Primed Reach or something.

I usually go Organ S. plus berserker, I find Reach to be good value but only after damage/speed mods are in place

I believe the reasoning behind this build of double speed mods is because P fury actually stacks multiplicatively with Berserker. So it is a better bonus than simple addition stacking like PPP and CO.

That being said, organ shatter or a decent CD riven would give more DPS and should never be overlooked in favour of another speed mod.

I build all my melee with primed reach. It's equally as important as a damage mod imo, since you can't damage what you can't hit.

Lastly, if you take Naramon school you can omit drifting contact and slot another damage mod or p reach.

• Woah 1

8 hours ago, oreom said:

I usually go Organ S. plus berserker, I find Reach to be good value but only after damage/speed mods are in place

Yeah, that's pretty much the go-to. Personally I have Reach as a top-priority mod, but if I were to squeeze it into this build, I'd replace an element with it first.

Ideally, though, you could always save a mod slot by getting that stat from an external source. e.g. you could use Arcane Fury to free up PPP's slot, or use Naramon to free up Drifting Contact's slot, etc.

8 hours ago, Oldskinzz said:

I believe the reasoning behind this build of double speed mods is because P fury actually stacks multiplicatively with Berserker. So it is a better bonus than simple addition stacking like PPP and CO.

Wait, actually? I've never heard of this being the case, although... it would definitely explain the unexpected differences in attack speeds for several of my Zaw builds.
Dang, TIL. 😮

On 2019-12-25 at 12:13 AM, SortaRandom said:

Wait, actually? I've never heard of this being the case, although... it would definitely explain the unexpected differences in attack speeds for several of my Zaw builds.

Dang, TIL. 😮

Yes it's surprising but true. Here's the link:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Berserker

Quote from page:

The attack speed buff from Berserker is independent of mods and therefore stacks multiplicatively with them.

For example, in combination with  Spoiled Strike and  Primed Fury, the weapon's attack speed will be at
(1 - 0.2 + 0.55) × (1 + 0.75) = 2.3625x of its base. /quote