Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Over 100% status chance

G0D5peed

18 minutes ago, RL_Grymes said:

suggesting full system reworks is fun but it grabs little attention from DE.

That's ok, though.

Sometimes the ideas stick, or turn into something later.
I mean, we've got 20,000 people, all dreaming up their own ideas.
So is DE..
Those ideas will take a ton of money, time, and work from many people to get done..
if it even can be done. There will be limitations.
But don't hold back or resent them for that.
Keep their well of ideas full, and never let it get personal if they can't do it just so, or at all.
We can't know what constraints in business, future plans, or personal choices come up behind the scenes.
Not to mention, by the time they could make the whole idea, we may have forgot we had it.. or had a better one.

The best idea in my mind, is compile some huuuuge thorough lists that they can chew on for a few weeks,
and see what are the obvious right picks.

It's hardly celebrated by the community when they finally do something one person asked for.
"Neato," then it's just part of the pile.

Sometimes, doing something just right, means no one ever knows you did it.

Edited by kapn655321

10 hours ago, Avienas said:

Anyway back on topic somewhat, we will just have to hope to see if D.E. ever decides to ride that Status effect improvements train and hopefully soon, whether its to re-design status effects so they can be more useful or they actually give us some form of `potent status procs` to basically be the critical for status effects.

Well they had some “good” ideas back when they were talking about changing IPS with Khoras release but then said that they’d have to balance the elements too. 
personally as far as ips I’d love to see ips have an independent status chance, slash lowered a little bit. Puncture deal some form of true damage and impact have the shattering impact affect as its proc but have it work on shields too. 

It should just work like over 100% crit does.

Over 100% crit results in a chance for a more powerful crit.

Over 100% status should result in the chance for one extra status to be applied. 120% status = 1 status plus 20% chance for a different status to also apply.

Edited by SneakyErvin

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

It should just work like over 100% crit does.

Over 100% crit results in a chance for a more powerful crit.

Over 100% status should result in the chance for one extra status to be applied. 120% status = 1 status plus 20% chance for a different status to also apply.

I was thinking something like that but a 20% chance on each individual status. So you could proc 3-4 possibly. 

2 hours ago, RL_Grymes said:

I was thinking something like that but a 20% chance on each individual status. So you could proc 3-4 possibly. 

Something to note there is that many statuses do not yet stack.
Like, radiation. ...What's a second radiation proc going to do for an already irradiated enemy?

Seeing as some statuses stack multiple times (toxin, slash, gas, heat, corrosive, viral, magnetic,) and others do not (blast, radiation, puncture, etc.)

This is the reason I could not give simple examples, as it won't just fit together so nicely.
The most sensible future I see for status, is that they all stack.. and unless it's just a dmg buff, they're going to need new effects to matter.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

Something to note there is that many statuses do not yet stack.
Like, radiation. ...What's a second radiation proc going to do for an already irradiated enemy?

Seeing as some statuses stack multiple times (toxin, slash, gas, heat, corrosive, viral, magnetic,) and others do not (blast, radiation, puncture, etc.)

Yeah I understand that but with something like melee, for instance the lesion could hit 200% status with 3 dual stats and weeping wounds. So at 200% status you be applying all five status with ever swing. Though like you said changing the effects to be more than just staggers or cc would make the idea more worth while. 

Personally I’m a fan of the idea that base damage type and mod damage type should receive separate chance rolls. Ie if a weapon as standard ips and is modded for corrosive and has a 45% Status chance. Then you have a 45% chance of ips and a 45% chance of corrosive. As well as a chance of getting two statuses with the same bullet. Personally I think that would make status more efficient. 

1 hour ago, RL_Grymes said:

As well as a chance of getting two statuses with the same bullet.

That's true enough.

I'd be curious to see if this wouldn't push the non-meta elements back further still.
Sure it would be easier to Also get an extra blast.. but why not just double up on toxin or slash more than now?

Edited by kapn655321