Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most of the stuff Cy says needs removing

AdunSaveMe

5 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Which only affects volume; it doesn't stop them from popping up and cluttering the screen and hiding parts of the HUD.

The most annoying is the Ropalolyst on Jupiter, huge giant transmissions covering up huge amount of screen space for several minutes.

Then there is air support charges slow delay caused by annoying transmissions. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1140837-security-override-long-delay-from-voice-after-voice-after-voice/

On 2019-12-24 at 3:58 AM, AdunSaveMe said:

With all the extra fluff in his voice lines, and the apparent fact that transmissions can't be skipped or interrupted

I found a way to skip transmissions, open Nightwave menu, but only works while Nightwave is active. Skip transmissions can fix air support long delay if host, but is annoying to have to stop what I am doing to open and close Nightwave menu.

Going back to Cy, I agree lots of stuff is annoying and are often slow to say something more important like critical failure imminent to Railjack from hundreds of other voice lines.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

But by far the worst of all - are the Operator popups

Probably not the best example, because those actually can be turned off. They have their own dedicated toggle.

4 hours ago, Uthael said:

Cy is NOT a viable command cephalon! He himself has said this. I'd like him to remain imperfect.

Only because of his last crew. It's not a good reason for keeping these issues.

• Like 1

On 2020-01-10 at 12:57 AM, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

But kinda foolish they have a toggle for operator popups but not Ordis or lotus? 

I dunno, maybe it's more difficult for those two. Ordis and Lotus have dialogue stretching back years, and there's a lot of it. Perhaps the Operator was a special case in that it was brand new, with less stuff to say, and I suppose more people wanted it disabled. So I would assume that it's a lot of work to do it for Ordis or the Lotus.

Am 6.1.2020 um 22:34 schrieb CuChulainnWD:

@[DE]George Yep Cy does not understand science and space. Unless we are on a submarine, since when would a rupture cause an "Implosion"? Explosion maybe at best, but implosion? Kinda breaks immersion. Pressurised interior, vacuum in space right? Like a balloon, the ship might pop, not crushed.

Implosion is correct. If a pressurized atmosphere leaves, it creates underpressure. If this underpressure is strong enough (as in a vacuum), the room around it will crush inwards.

Well, there is the term "Explosive Depressurization", which means the air leaves the vessel near instantly.

So, your Railjack will become this:

13 hours ago, NoSpax said:

Implosion is correct. If a pressurized atmosphere leaves, it creates underpressure. If this underpressure is strong enough (as in a vacuum), the room around it will crush inwards.

Well, there is the term "Explosive Depressurization", which means the air leaves the vessel near instantly.

So, your Railjack will become this:

Wrong mate. There was a suction on that tank (See the thick hose connected to the unseen pump to the tank?) creating a vacuum in the vessel where the exterior pressure exerted on the exterior of the tank is greater than the pressure exerted on the interior of the tank. Out in space which is a Vacuum, a decompression of our ship would at the worst create a .... wait for it.... equilibrium of vacuum state in the interior of the ship. It is basic physics.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

18 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

That's not really the point here though. 

The point is that many people are too ignorant for distinct sound that ramsled emits,and characteristical sound that accompany boarding(aka quake,explosion,alarm) and people wants to blame something so they blame Cy

And for those with implosion problem,i checked it out. Things explodes in vacuums.Since vacuum means no pressure and RJ have pressure,whenever it get breach air rushes trough it at high speed,weaking whole structure around and if breaks out its like u pop baloon with knife

Edited by Syq111

On 2019-12-24 at 1:58 PM, AdunSaveMe said:

Commanders in the heat of battle don't waste time with dry humour and smug catchphrases. Cy should be telling us exactly what we need to know and nothing more. Just "crewship inbound". "Hull breach detected". That sort of thing. With all the extra fluff in his voice lines, and the apparent fact that transmissions can't be skipped or interrupted, Cy is talking CONSTANTLY, and by the time his queue hits an important message, it's already out of date. It's just a torrent of noise and barely any of it is useful.

Just save the sassy lines and catchphrases for when there isn't a battle going on, maybe?

I like the idea. Maybe it could be a option? "Turn off Cy comments"?

On 2020-01-06 at 3:34 PM, CuChulainnWD said:

@[DE]George Yep Cy does not understand science and space. Unless we are on a submarine, since when would a rupture cause an "Implosion"? Explosion maybe at best, but implosion? Kinda breaks immersion. Pressurised interior, vacuum in space right? Like a balloon, the ship might pop, not crushed.

Well in most cases, a vessel in space would violently explode if ruptured, unless the hull was specifically built to hold in large volumes of air pressure, like the Railjack does. Think of it like a balloon, you start letting out air, and the hull no longer has the ships air pressure pushing back on it, so it could potentially crush itself to death.

Also space magic cuz Railjacks are larger on the inside....

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-01-26 at 5:39 PM, Syq111 said:

The point is that many people are too ignorant for distinct sound that ramsled emits,and characteristical sound that accompany boarding(aka quake,explosion,alarm) and people wants to blame something so they blame Cy

Nah, that's not the point at all. Because the problem is Cy, and Cy is a problem. Just because you can hear this one specific thing doesn't mean everything about Cy's voice lines is a problem. You know there's a lot more to the game and to his voicelines than ramsleds? 

I think you're just inventing a reason to contradict this issue being raised.

even outside of Combat, Cy talks too much. but that's every Mission Narrator too. the game does it constantly everywhere - Ambient sounds and like, stuff around you to hear going on? none of that exists because the game never shuts the hell up.
blah blah this, blah blah that. blah blah blah blah. you know how it's regarded as the less often you experience something, the more appreciated it is? well, if the game is constantly having some repetitive dialogue to say forever, then by that golden rule that means.......

just like so many games do, it doesn't matter how much money you spend on creating sound effects, they all mean nothing if you just cover it up with constant noise.

it's not that i don't like the snark that Cy gives. the lines are amusing. but they're also only amusing a few times, and definitely not constantly. but Mission Narrators just spend the entire Mission talking.

(music too, games have too much music, or at the very least the default settings for most Audio are wrong, not only SFX being 100% at default, but Music is also going to be there and ergo the Music is the same or louder than the entire rest of the game, Et Cetera. and then games will come up with complicated ways to duck this or that Audio - or..... you could just have the levels set something reasonable to begin with. but that's off topic)

Edited by taiiat

• 2 weeks later...