Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Explosive self damage bug still in-game

Strange-Music

Certain explosive weapons (mainly ogris and penta with napalm grenade mod) will sometimes instantly kill you. By that, I don't mean they can kill you and put you into a downed state, I mean they can bypass being downed entirely (despite being a squad of 4) and they will also go through Wukongs passives (where he gets a random buff when he "dies" but with this bug, you just die same as any other warframe). 

These videos are over a year old and yet are still relevant. I had died 5 times to that one bug in just that last mission listed there. Self damage weapons suck already DE, they don't need an instant death function that forces you to use a revive no matter the warframe you are using. You might as well just fix self damage while you are it, nobody uses these weapons anyways, clearly if they did you would have more bug reports from this. Just make it so that they can't kill us, have them do up to 90% of your health, being stuck with 10% max health is still pretty punishing compared to something like a Tigris or Arca Plasmor (which are both better than explosives in most cases). The tonkor isn't OP anymore, you have successfully power creeped it out of the meta. So just fix self damage now so you stop punishing all self damage weapons to the point where next to nobody uses them excluding the lenz.

21 minutes ago, parabashka said:

Don't link that awful meme of a mod to me, nearly everybody knows that thing is a waste of time and space. It's an awful band-aid fix for explosive weapons despite DE not realizing they just aren't very good anymore and not used heavily. That doesn't even fix the bug I was talking about. The wiki itself even says you can still one shot yourself with it.

Edit: Did you even notice that this was a bug report or did you just want to defend DE's so called "balancing"?

Edited by Strange-Music
  • Like 1

I've only noticed this in arbitrations, when using Lenz or Penta every once in a while I just explode.  

They probably need to add a minimum time after pulling trigger before there can be any damage from these, because it seems to always be an instant explosion that kills you as soon as you shoot.  

Edited by FataL-Flaw