Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does Warframe have so much out of order Lore and Content ?

(PSN)I_I_Hope_I_I

After 2 years of Warframe, I have come to notice just how much out of order Lore the game has in its own Starchart, here are a few examples:

We get the "Second Dream" quest, where Alad V appears in a healing process, before ever meeting Mutalist Alad V and even knowing he was cured via Event (That the game gives you no traces of unless you check a fan wiki).

We get a disruption mission on Mars given by Little Duck (Ya know, the one who refuses to talk whit us if we dont have a Operator) where she talks about Alad V wen a new player has no bloody clue who he is yet, and uses Amalgam tech wen it isnt even a thing story wise, and, in correlation, in Jupiter we get pop-ups of Alad V in his normal and healed state independent of quests, newbies get Amalgams wen for them Sentients are still a unknown thing till Uranus.

And there is also that one "favor" Alad V talks about during "Second Dream" which we do pay by saving him from the Acolytes, and yet, whiteout a wiki, the game doesn't tell you that.

Isnt there a easy solution for this ?

Given that the Mutalist Alad V Assasination is a separate Node in Eris, why doesnt DE just, I dunno, give you a small Cutscene (Nightwave Style) after you do the Saturn Junction, place the "Patient Zero" quest as a reward from Jupiter to Saturn and then after the quest is done give another Cutscene on the events of the cure ? Same for the whole Acolyte stuff after we do War Whitin.

Same for Disruptions, why not keep them locked till "The Sacrifice" ?

I find a Starchart like this to make more sense:

Jupiter (Meet Alad V) -> Saturn (Mutalist cutscene -> "Patient Zero" -> Cure cutscene) -> Uranus (Natah) -> Neptune (2nd Dream) -> Pluto (Acolyte cutscene) -> Eris (Jordas).

And then after "The Sacrifice" receive a Inbox message of Little Duck telling you that the Solaris United have detected Alad V using new tech, where we will check Jupiter, unluck the Disruption missions, have Cured Alad V permanently wen we get a screen of him and get to know the Amalgams.

Is this harder to do then it seems ? DE seems to be able to lock nodes whit requirements, and a quick Captura scene doesn't seem hard to make and be sent on a Inbox message.

Thoughts ?

• Like 20

It's the DEMandela Effect

You don't remember this stuff the right way. Ember has always shot meteorites as her 4th. Warframes have always had assassin's Creed blade play. Blink has been universal....whatcha mean Itzal had that as an unique power?

It happens more than not in modern storytelling. Spider man shoots organic webs and talks to insects. Captain America is a Nazi. Superman and Wonder Woman date cuz they are both strong.

I used to chock it up to the Orokin attempting to change the history and origin of Warframes so they could claim they created them....but I find my interest is dying thanks to too many DEMandela Effects. Just hoping this does not go the way of Star Wars....had a promising story lore

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Fyi op alad was not healed during the event on ps4.

2nd Dreams fallows the results of the PC event so lets just say that Alad winning is the Canon.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

The story is largely meaningless because when will the story be finished?  Probably 20 years from now or something dumb and once the story is finished it will still likely be mediocre story telling at best that will be worse then a lot of other stories that you can tell via tv show, anime, or film.  

By what DE told us, there will be diferente "Arc's", in this case, "The New War" will be the end of the "Sentiente Arc" and they will start the "Duviri Arc".

3 hours ago, Phatose said:

Or, perhaps it's just that the lore has been added bit by bit over the course of years, changing along the way.  If you change course 20 times in a day, that's ADD. if you do it 20 times in 5 years, it's not.

There still is a way to "fix" the lore though (like I pointed out) lets just hope they dont do a Nightwave about it, that would make things even worse.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

2nd Dreams fallows the results of the PC event so lets just say that Alad winning is the Canon.

By what DE told us, there will be diferente "Arc's", in this case, "The New War" will be the end of the "Sentiente Arc" and they will start the "Duviri Arc".

There still is a way to "fix" the lore though (like I pointed out) lets just hope they dont do a Nightwave about it, that would make things even worse.

There are many arcs in warframe lore no doubt, that's how long anime's function like one piece as an example.  But in terms of how long it takes warframe to finish a single story arc, it really isn't worth the buildup because we are getting a handful of story cinematics per year if we're lucky and all those cinematics in the course of a year add up to almost no time at all, maybe an hour at most.  Especially when DE first and foremost should be busy developing the game and adding content, which is what most of the people want out of this game.  

32 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

There are many arcs in warframe lore no doubt, that's how long anime's function like one piece as an example.  But in terms of how long it takes warframe to finish a single story arc, it really isn't worth the buildup because we are getting a handful of story cinematics per year if we're lucky and all those cinematics in the course of a year add up to almost no time at all, maybe an hour at most.  Especially when DE first and foremost should be busy developing the game and adding content, which is what most of the people want out of this game.  

DE is trying to do both, they are trying to give both things to do and a "interesting" story, but the problem is that 6 years ago DE did events that made competition and decided stuff in the game, now they seem to have a set story and the events were reduced to either yearly or coded events (ghouls and thermia), hell, this year we had no Tennobaum event like last year, where we had a goal bar to fill, this time around, nothing.

DE wants to get big, but in result for new content other stuff was reduced.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

We get a disruption mission on Mars given by Little Duck (Ya know, the one who refuses to talk whit us if we dont have a Operator) where she talks about Alad V wen a new player has no bloody clue who he is yet, and uses Amalgam tech wen it isnt even a thing story wise, and, in correlation, in Jupiter we get pop-ups of Alad V in his normal and healed state independent of quests, newbies get Amalgams wen for them Sentients are still a unknown thing till Uranus.

While the Disruption mission should definitely be locked, Little Duck does not refuse to deal with Tenno at all until you beat War Within. As shown in the Ghoul comic series, she is perfectly fine talking to Warframes during missions

DE are ususally to pre-occupied with developing gameplay mechanics to really care about the Lore much.

the only way I could see the Lore being properly ordered is if someone outside of DE (a content creator or something) offered to do it for them, for free. I don't think anyone is ever gonna bother to do that for them, free or otherwise.

The story and lore as it is at the moment is merely a carriage to contextualize why you are doing what you are doing. Albeit DE is doing a somewhat... erratic (poor) job of doing it. I mean, that's fine and all but then they are also trying to create some semblance of an over-arching narrative.

Once DE is done developing and fixing the core game, I hope the next thing they look at is improving the flow of progression both gameplay-wise and story-wise.

28 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

While the Disruption mission should definitely be locked, Little Duck does not refuse to deal with Tenno at all until you beat War Within. As shown in the Ghoul comic series, she is perfectly fine talking to Warframes during missions

I mean gameplay wise, it makes no sence for Little Duck to be so "agressive" in Fortuna just to be all buddy buddy whit us, at least DE could make her less "agressive" and just give her a more neutral dialogue wen  you talk whit her.

Edited by (PS4)Cephalon_Hope

Il y a 1 heure, (XB1)COA Altair a dit :

The story is largely meaningless because when will the story be finished?  Probably 20 years from now or something dumb and once the story is finished it will still likely be mediocre story telling at best that will be worse then a lot of other stories that you can tell via tv show, anime, or film.  

and by the time warframe story finished, DE already released more than 1000 new frames..

*then

Edited by darkbrick
adjusting to the american english which replace than with then
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

It won't be 20 years from now, but yes, the storytelling is so mediocre that it's not really worth DE putting time into.

2 hours ago, darkbrick said:

and by the time warframe story finished, DE already released more than 1000 new frames..

*then

I really don't understand the delusions some of you have about DE.

Edited by TheGildedOni

8 hours ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

After 2 years of Warframe, I have come to notice just how much out of order Lore the game has in its own Starchart, here are a few examples:

We get the "Second Dream" quest, where Alad V appears in a healing process, before ever meeting Mutalist Alad V and even knowing he was cured via Event (That the game gives you no traces of unless you check a fan wiki).

And there is also that one "favor" Alad V talks about during "Second Dream" which we do pay by saving him from the Acolytes, and yet, whiteout a wiki, the game doesn't tell you that.

Isnt there a easy solution for this ?

Given that the Mutalist Alad V Assasination is a separate Node in Eris, why doesnt DE just, I dunno, give you a small Cutscene (Nightwave Style) after you do the Saturn Junction, place the "Patient Zero" quest as a reward from Jupiter to Saturn and then after the quest is done give another Cutscene on the events of the cure ? Same for the whole Acolyte stuff after we do War Whitin.

Same for Disruptions, why not keep them locked till "The Sacrifice" ?

I find a Starchart like this to make more sense:

Jupiter (Meet Alad V) -> Saturn (Mutalist cutscene -> "Patient Zero" -> Cure cutscene) -> Uranus (Natah) -> Neptune (2nd Dream) -> Pluto (Acolyte cutscene) -> Eris (Jordas).

And then after "The Sacrifice" receive a Inbox message of Little Duck telling you that the Solaris United have detected Alad V using new tech, where we will check Jupiter, unluck the Disruption missions, have Cured Alad V permanently wen we get a screen of him and get to know the Amalgams.

Is this harder to do then it seems ? DE seems to be able to lock nodes whit requirements, and a quick Captura scene doesn't seem hard to make and be sent on a Inbox message.

Thoughts ?

New and/or improved design elements that affect story are often chronologically introduced and then inversely explained through lore.  

Because retcons are a thing.

Like so:

Everyone knows Base/Tenno versions of frames were designed first, and then their statistically superior Prime counterparts with shiny bits were introduced later to create a demand for revenue.

Alad V follows a classic loop of scheming villain who falls victim to his own Tom-F**Kery over and over (thus dying over and over) and yet here he is.

...Zanuka Alad V (Yeeted out a Window)

...Mutalist Alad V (Crushed by Tenno again)

...Wolf Alad V (Wolf made him his b**ch)

...(soon to be) Amalgam Alad V (ERRA or Natah and the Sentients will soon make him his b**ch)

8 hours ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

Spider man shoots organic webs and talks to insects.

Actually, that was part of a story plotline and not part of his normal powers.  It was an upgrade he received during that plotline which he kinda lost after the "One More Day" arc.  I can honestly say that I didn't like the "One More Day" character/story  changes at all.  

Because the void is not confined by laws of time and space, and physics. The only explanation is that we are still trapped in the void. The whole tenno experience has been the dying memory of some old man coming to his end on the duviri plains. 

Edited by PookieNumnums