Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Nerf My Khora

CopperBezel

10 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

I'm not fully convinced that Khora takes more effort than Mesa in Onslaught context - "positioning" describes most of Mesa's deal as well

There's a reason I didn't put Mesa in context of ESO: Just Saryn. I mentioned Mesa more as a 'in general' sort of thing. Mesa will probably get kills quicker and faster than Khora up to a certain point (Like, Arbitrations + many many waves where Khora will be just fine.) 

Difference with Mesa is that her 'positioning' is basically as much range as she can get. Khora still needs to at least get in some range, even if she can kill through walls (That's definitely not infinite punchthrough.) Mesa can stand on the other side of a large room, shoot everything down before Khora can bullet jump there and use her 1. 

My point here is that Khora still has to do more to get into that position than Mesa does. Far more. 

10 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

As for non-stat-stick melee, I actually did the same thing, in the sense that I switched to a Destreza Prime with a build optimized for that weapon and no riven for yesterday's sortie, and found her significantly more fun to play that way, needing to build up a combo stack before expecting Whipclaw to kill anything and even then having a tradeoff between a weapon that will immediately kill a single target and one that might take a couple of hits for an Ensnared mob. There's certainly no advantage to it, and you're just choosing to make things more difficult for yourself if you go that route; it's not some kind of tradeoff. But that definitely is a more engaging style of play. If it was a question of whether or not to use AW instead, so that the mass nuker Khora costs something, I think it'd make a bit more gameplay sense. (And I do recognize that an optimal build for any top tier frame is going to walk through sorties regardless.) 

Actually, I did something the opposite. First, I used the Whipclaw to basically keep my Combo Counter going against large mobs. If it was something super heavy that took more than one attempt to kill, then Heavy Attack with the Reaper Prime. Bam, dead, but that's probably more to do with the power of the Reaper Prime. I don't think it makes things 'more difficult' though when the power to just murder is still there anyways. Even if you just use AW + Regular Blood Rush build, you're still going to be able to destroy everything in your path. Just what would you rather see: More Numbers on your 1 or more usability with your melee? Most people will probably go: "MORE NUMBERS ON MY AW!" But sometimes, you don't need to mod overkill on your damage when you can use that to get some more versatility to begin with anyways.

In short: Use AW to basically clear trash mobs and then heavy attack the Bombards, for example. Works like a treat and you can still mess around with actually using melee when you want to. It's also free of energy, which can sometimes be a problem when on Energy Reduction Sorties or with Infested. 

I honestly still think Blood Rush is able to give her versatility. Removing Blood Rush, imo, would put her back into pure Stat Sticking. I still think in game she also requires more work in a mission than Saryn or Mesa. Whether equal to or more than Equinox, I'm not sure, since I know Equinox requires some amount of work.