Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's Vector Pads would be better without duration limits.

Antris

He could set up a corridor or area to facilitate the team's mobility, it could be especially useful in static areas like inside the Railjack.

Or remove cast and travel times from it, so that he could instantly mark the area, it would feel less clunky to use on the fly, maybe.

I'd personally want it removed for a recall teleport point, based on the one the brokers in the Index have. Drop it somewhere and select and cast it again to go where you dropped it. Useful for excavations, Index, arby revives, etc. 

Horizontal Bounce is still Bounce, and it's still terrible. I can't understand how it survived into his rework.

Edited by CopperBezel

I agree with Copper, I don't know how or why DE kept a Bounce facsimile in Vauban's kit, especially when they deploy so slowly that even using them for a boost is slower than bullet jumping.

Only use I've gotten out of it is having a few chuckles waiting at extraction to send people flying off the map and sometimes using it for a jumbo bullet jump in a straight line.

Of course there's also the issue on the Switch version right now where Tether Coil is not working right, it pulls enemies down to the floor even when stuck on the ceiling at the moment.

Really though anything else would have been better than an F-Zero boost pad.

Yeah, the casting animation is what really kills it. If it was an instantaneous bound in the direction you're facing that left the pad behind, that'd be something, but I can't really comprehend a situation in which it's worth casting an ability for a slightly faster bullet jump. I mean, I could pop into Operator mode for that, which is one keypress, not up to three taps and a hold, and effectively instantaneous. I honestly don't even use Nova's portals except for laser grids - though with Narrow Minded and no efficiency on my main build that's probably to be expected. 

Edited by CopperBezel

I think the vector pad should have been grenade that grants gravity-themed mobility buff to allies and debuffs on enemies . One that's different from the simple +speed. Maybe the buff can make it so that you get "low gravity mode" effects on player who step on it, letting you jump further and faster, and aim glide longer. For enemies that step on it, they get "lifted" more easily by melee, or have a mechanic similar to Titania's abilities which causes enemies to float. 

53 minutes ago, Xepthrichros said:

I think the vector pad should have been grenade that grants gravity-themed mobility buff to allies and debuffs on enemies . One that's different from the simple +speed. Maybe the buff can make it so that you get "low gravity mode" effects on player who step on it, letting you jump further and faster, and aim glide longer. For enemies that step on it, they get "lifted" more easily by melee, or have a mechanic similar to Titania's abilities which causes enemies to float. 

Low gravity (as in nightmare missions) can be an annoyance for fast parkouring in corridor maps, so it would be perceived as grieving by some players (just like Bounce and Horizontal Bounce)

Improved bullet jumping / aim gliding, on the other hand, lets players maintain control of the bonus, so I think it's a better bonus.