Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quellor secondary fire consumes way too much ammo/shot

Attila

39 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Secondary fire is shotgun mode and ammo consumption makes sence

yeah, but there is a point where it becomes absurd

maybe use up 30 ammo, hell even 50

but i'd say 75 is a bit too much

or make the weapon ammo-less like the shedu or the fulmin.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I tried taking The Quellor to a tridolon run, ran out of ammo during the Hydrolyst fight. Medium ammo restores only restores 50 ammo while one charged shot requires 75. The low fall off makes the secondary fire even worse over the primary one.

i brought a Quellor to tridolon as well, and I found that landing a shot on the limb is extremely hard. but once it lands, it deals a lot of damage. In the final phase though, quellor deals large amount of damage easily. i unlocked the exilus for a flight speed mods of 60%, that gives an extra 5.4 meters to my initial falloff range, adding up to 14.5, which is good enough for eidolon fight. 

any idea why is it so hard to land a shot on limb? is it because the quellor projectile being too big?

3 hours ago, Enzeevee said:

This weapon doesn't seem very useful with the current ammo limitations. It doesn't have going for it to justify how quickly it runs dry.

Agreed. Most weapons with some kind of similar intrinsic drawback (for example, Tigris's constant reloads or Acceltra's very... fast ammo economy) have the brute strength to back it up. Quellor doesn't, double on the secondary fire. The primary fire just needs a damage buff to make it capable of capitalising on its status to work out, but the Secondary is a bit too... restrained to really make the 75 ammo worth it. So either reduce the ammo cost, or buff the fire to make it worth it. And not just with damage - why not an explosive burst, or increasing width over time to sweep up more enemies? Make it a real BFG shot. Quellor has the heft for it.

The secondary fire needs to have less cost on it, and instead of a firing delay have a recharge delay to moderate it being spammed. That firing delay makes it a pain to use without alot of +fire speed. still a fun gun though, even if not the next go-to supergun.

Signed.