Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vFlitz

Railjack capacity, reactors, artillery cannon

Recommended Posts

Flux capacity just isn't a viable counterchoice for avionics capacity. The latter is essential for modding as we know it and are used to, and is similar to potatoes and forma. The former is just a bigger energy pool. And incidentally, there's also an avionic for increasing that.

Artillery cannon falls to the wayside in the veil as it requires three shots to bring down a single crewship. Even if you use the best version of Forward Artillery avionic (which costs 13 capactiy, mind), the number is reduced to two. Still too slow and inefficient.

So why not fix both at the same time?

All reactors should provide +30, +60, +100 avionic capacity at MK i, II and III respectively. RNG really shouldn't be an additional limiting factor when making builds, we're already limited by the RNG of getting the right avionics in the first place. Now for the RNG stats, flux capacity is still one of them, but there will be two additions to replace random avionics - artillery cannon damage and dome charge capacity. That way the three different reactor brands will be able to actually provide options for differing playstyles, rather than just Vidar being 'okay, you can actually mod your ship' and the other two 'enjoy putting in 5 avionics at most, I guess'. And the cannon will actually be able to perform like the incredible heavy-duty piece of orokin tech that it is, rather than something that a generous amount of grineer metal shrugs off without issue.

Alternatively, rather than being tied just to reactors, avionics capacity could be increased by all of the components in lesser amounts. That would encourage to steadily upgrade everything and emulate the usual 'leveling' process more closely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I happen to think that the artillery cannon should guaranteed one-shot a crewship no matter what.

Instead, we should be able to boost charge and reload time for it. It's already pretty hard to get the aiming down right without two people working together on it.

I do like the idea of Reactor affecting Dome Charge capacity though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can always just have someone go out on Amesha and soften up the Crewship a bit before popping it. With a mid rank one, you only need it down to around half health. With as fast as railjacks become, you can just ignore them while dealing with the fighters.

Railjacks need to have their energy only refillable from building energy at the forges and should not be able to fill up from energy pick ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

You can always just have someone go out on Amesha and soften up the Crewship a bit before popping it. With a mid rank one, you only need it down to around half health. With as fast as railjacks become, you can just ignore them while dealing with the fighters.

Railjacks need to have their energy only refillable from building energy at the forges and should not be able to fill up from energy pick ups.

Or that person on Amesha could just go in and blow the thing up from the inside, which wouldn't require use of ammo that's very limited by capacity that will take someone's time to refill later, the time of person using the cannon, and limiting the pilot's movement so the shot can actually be landed. For the cannon to work, it has to work well without external assistance. Otherwise it just isn't worth the investment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

You can always just have someone go out on Amesha and soften up the Crewship a bit before popping it.

To be fair, you could always just have everyone go out in Amesha and delete everything without risk of mission failure and without spending any resources at all. But this topic isn't about Amesha, is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I happen to think that the artillery cannon should guaranteed one-shot a crewship no matter what.

There are already a couple of quick ways to achieve this. Both generally need at least some kind of Forward Artillery avionic to get working right though.

  1. Have an Archwing, or a Turret equipped with something that does Plasma element, whittle down the armor before firing. Usually only takes a second or two.
  2. Take a Rhino (or some other Warframe with a damage buff) and use Roar before entering and firing the Tunguska Cannon.

The problem is that it's just so easy to get into a Crewship and tear it down that the added finesse for using the Tunguska Cannon just doesn't seem worth it on a coordinated team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that flux vs avionics capacity is not an "optimisation choice" with current system. the fact that flux ain't restored over time and has to be crafted doesn't help... (perhaps a slow Flux regen on MK2 and MK3 reactors could help for example no Flux regen for Vidar, +2/s Flux regen rate for Lavan and Sigma, +5/s Flux regen rate for Zekti)

Artillery cannon don't hit hard enough, except for the above post, but it overall require too much efforts even compared to archwing slingshot / teleport back with omni (for which Amesha ain't required).

My opinion is that it should 1HKO Crewship on a direct hit. add punchthrough and keep its damage value when hitting ennemy fighters, make it not 1HKO if it hits something before the Crewship, but make it 1HKO Crewships without any other special effect than managing to aim for a direct hit. (change the avionics to something else, passive regen, or reduced crafting cost of ammo)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Larger ordnance capacity/Dome charges/flux/boost should be avionics as well as tuned by component.
Grid upgrades should go to 5 or 6, and the overall costs of avionics should drop a few points to keep the balance but allow wider fitting options, while maintianing the space endo/dirac? buy in and slot specialization choices following the scheme pioneered in using forma'd slots vs versatility tradeoffs.

Seriously DE, just call it space endo already. :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

the fact that flux ain't restored over time and has to be crafted doesn't help

I've found that sometimes Flux gets restored without someone crafting it, so I think enemies must be dropping something that restores it sometimes. Or else I just wasn't noticing what my team was doing at the time.

8 hours ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

perhaps a slow Flux regen on MK2 and MK3 reactors could help for example no Flux regen for Vidar, +2/s Flux regen rate for Lavan and Sigma, +5/s Flux regen rate for Zekti

Flux regen would probably be a better choice, admittedly.

10 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

without spending any resources at all

To be fair, the Payloads really don't make that huge a dent into our resource gains. I'm not sure why they included this mechanic to begin with. Nobody seems to really enjoy it. Maybe they were desperately trying to think of a way to have an "engineering" role, and figured this would work?
I'm not so sure that it does.

55 minutes ago, Xyngrr said:

Grid upgrades should go to 5 or 6, and the overall costs of avionics should drop a few points to keep the balance but allow wider fitting options

It genuinely bothers me that I can't reduce Avionics cost with DIRAC or some other resource. Where's the Railjack version of Forma?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I happen to think that the artillery cannon should guaranteed one-shot a crewship no matter what.

I think instead of guaranteeing a one-shot, the cannon should receive x1, x2, and x4 multipliers based on hitting the front, sides and rear respectively for more immersive combat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sean.bdfc said:

I think instead of guaranteeing a one-shot, the cannon should receive x1, x2, and x4 multipliers based on hitting the front, sides and rear respectively for more immersive combat.

I think that would suck, since aiming the cannon is already such a pain, and the Crewship could easily be facing the wrong direction for you to make use of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just need a way to upgrade the cannon somehow. It already takes a few shots to kill a crewship in the veil. That's just the veil. Newer content is coming no doubt, the cannon won't be worth the effort to even consider using beyond veil proxima.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

We just need a way to upgrade the cannon somehow. It already takes a few shots to kill a crewship in the veil. That's just the veil. Newer content is coming no doubt, the cannon won't be worth the effort to even consider using beyond veil proxima.

I think the Corpus and Infested content will be similar in levels to Earth and Saturn Proximas. Maybe with different weapon drops, to incentivize playing it.

Imagine trying out an Infested Carcinnox.... mmmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I think that would suck, since aiming the cannon is already such a pain, and the Crewship could easily be facing the wrong direction for you to make use of that.

That's only an issue if your pilot refuses to help line up a shot. Even if running solo you can shoot out the crewship's thrusters to set up a rear hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sean.bdfc said:

That's only an issue if your pilot refuses to help line up a shot. Even if running solo you can shoot out the crewship's thrusters to set up a rear hit.

Hence why I said it's already a pain. The pilot has to stop everything else he's doing in order to make the cannon work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I've found that sometimes Flux gets restored without someone crafting it, so I think enemies must be dropping something that restores it sometimes. Or else I just wasn't noticing what my team was doing at the time.

When the host gained an intrinsics point mid mission, his/her Railjack instantly regen health, shields, and energy. I don't know this is intentional or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, when piloting my ship, I always fire the cannon myself, even if it means to be a sitting duck during that time... Its damage in the veil is too low, though. Having a good enter teammate, that uses the slingshot consecutively to get rid of the crewships is way more effective anyway. A bit more power to the cannon would be much appreciated to have a proper alternative, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

When the host gained an intrinsics point mid mission, his/her Railjack instantly regen health, shields, and energy. I don't know this is intentional or not.

Likely its showing that D.E. did not properly hook up everything and that FLUX energy was linked to regular energy while battle avionics were linked up to warframe/archwing abilities. Meaning they quite literaly used the base work of those when designing the railjack. Which makes me glad i had around 6 days of aff booster then got another 30 days of aff booster last week when baro came around on console.

Sheet is honestly a broken mess and i am glad to have this `free flux energy` for spamming missile volley, alongside archwings can allow you to use regular guns, like somehow D.E. took open world archwings and converted them for railjack via the archwing launcher functionality and tweak it to `sometimes` use yer arch-weapons, instead of just using space archwings normally which have been around much longer.

Honestly it goes to show how much they fked up when they decided to rush this out instead of properly getting things sorted out, on top of forgetting clear features like being able to UPGRADE THE FREAKING CANNON, or atleast ensure the fact it seems to always have +300% critical chance, to always one shot against the scaling health of crewships. Which it should honestly just do 999,999,999, via some kind of special multiplier against crewships.

Sadly, with so many issues present, i fear that D.E. will be a while before they get around to more QoL pieces like fixing the dang cannon, maybe change one of the useless intrinstics to boost the charge speed & damage of the tungska cannon and do some model redesigning of the railjack, considering it has unnecessary bad design with some areas being way too large, such as how i feel half of the forge area such as the floor under the forges should be covered up so people can stop falling down there by accident with a lack of a `walk way` to get back up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-12-25 at 4:38 PM, DrakeWurrum said:

I happen to think that the artillery cannon should guaranteed one-shot a crewship no matter what.

Instead, we should be able to boost charge and reload time for it. It's already pretty hard to get the aiming down right without two people working together on it.

I do like the idea of Reactor affecting Dome Charge capacity though.

I'd agree with this but would make charging the shot take much more time. Have the artillery mod cut the charge rate down instead of upping damage.

The current charge time for an instant 1shot no matter the difficulty would feel a little cheap.

 

OH and an indicator for when someone is in the artillery/in the archwing launcher. It's really annoying that CY has no voicelines for the artillery and seems to forget once in awhile for the launcher.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Hence why I said it's already a pain. The pilot has to stop everything else he's doing in order to make the cannon work.

A lock-on mechanism for the aiming reticle while in the cannon would do wonders in this regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zakaryx said:

I'd agree with this but would make charging the shot take much more time. Have the artillery mod cut the charge rate down instead of upping damage.

The current charge time for an instant 1shot no matter the difficulty would feel a little cheap.

 

 

Eh... gotta remember the point of the cannon is that it's a risk-free option that costs ammo. The slingshot requires someone to manually board it, which can also take a little time depending on the person sent over. (I'm notorious for taking the time to open containers, since the best way to farm resources in RJ right now is opening containers and lockers all you can)

But I think having a long charge-up time on it would be a good trade-off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...