Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframes Should Follow Excalibur Prime Model

Sir_Alex_Traffo

As said in several topics, Prime Warframes are so far a shiny copy of their standard version,with just a polarity slot; this doesn't make much sense, especially when we see that Prime weapons instead have unique stats and 9/10 times are way better than their standard version.

When I first saw Excalibur Prime I thought he was so cool and I noticed that other than the polarity he has a little more shield recharge than the standard Exc; it's just a small boost, nothing that breaks the game or makes the Exc Prime terribly OP compared to the non Prime one. Actually If I don't like how Exc Prime is looking(in this case there would be something wrong with me), I can still use the standard one with one forma more, cause the Prime bonus is good but not basic.

What I'm trying to say is that Prime Warframes should have a small bonus in their stats(don't say the interaction with Void traps is a bonus, please)that actually makes them worth it to spend hours of the game seeking for keys and BPs, something more than a white-golden look.

On the other side this bonus must not be something too strong to make the standard frames 100% useless; if someone for any reasons(or maybe cause the standard frame has been formaed too much to forget it) doesn't like the Prime version must be able to take the normal one  and not loose that much.

+1

On the other side this bonus must not be something too strong to make the standard frames 100% useless

They should probably just change some of the Primes skills, so Primes and Non-Primes won't be the same anymore and could serve different purposes. Or at least as you said change some stats, to make them either faster or tankyer,..Etc..

while i agree, i think that since there are now primes available to those who DONT have founders, there should be perhaps a bit more to the primes. as it stands primes are supposed to be the original frames right? then how come they're only a little better? i'm not asking for like out the wazoo crazy junk, but maybe a bit more shields or health too? maybe a slightly larger energy pool or better armor, something that makes a prime, well... a clear example of what an original copy should be rather than the bootlegs we usually run in. It's just for those who WANT something beefier to suit their playstyle with  a frame whose powers they like. honestly speaking all the warframes need a little bit of a bump, so that way they dont even come close to losing any appeal, and they should all atleast scale better with higher level content.

I thought the Primes were Tenno tech upgraded with Orokin material, rather than original frames. It makes sense from a lore perspective, Prime stuff is better but not amazing, I'd expect true Orokin tech to be ridiculously overpowered.

+1

They should probably just change some of the Primes skills, so Primes and Non-Primes won't be the same anymore and could serve different purposes. Or at least as you said change some stats, to make them either faster or tankyer,..Etc..

While I'd love to have different skills, I think it would be more problematic and longer to be put in game than adding 50 shield points..

I thought the Primes were Tenno tech upgraded with Orokin material, rather than original frames. It makes sense from a lore perspective, Prime stuff is better but not amazing, I'd expect true Orokin tech to be ridiculously overpowered.

You got the point. Adding a little bonus wouldn't break the lore, actually would make more sense than how it's now...

Edited by siralextraffo

actually though that's the problem. the prime warframes were described as the ORIGINAL of the frame that they are. how else do you think they can interact wiht the orikin void tower death balls?

actually though that's the problem. the prime warframes were described as the ORIGINAL of the frame that they are. how else do you think they can interact wiht the orikin void tower death balls?

Orokin tech smushed on top of Tenno tech. The Gold trim is Orokin energy conducting tech or something, and the Tenno glue it to their helmets so they can absorb void energy from the death balls. 

Orokin tech smushed on top of Tenno tech. The Gold trim is Orokin energy conducting tech or something, and the Tenno glue it to their helmets so they can absorb void energy from the death balls. 

That's right, but it's not enough...

I can't understand why they changed their mind between Excalibur Prime and Frost Prime(and so on)releases; the first Prime Warframe was good and made sense, the others not that much.

Why have they changed Orthos Prime then? When it was released first it has same stats as the standard one and it has been fixed as a bug: now Orthos Prime is way better compared to the non-Prime version.

Why can't we have just the same with Prime Warframes? Also, there's no need of such different stats as weapons have, taking Excalibur Prime as a sample would be absolutely enough and lore friendly!

Please DE, hear my pray!

That's right, but it's not enough...

I can't understand why they changed their mind between Excalibur Prime and Frost Prime(and so on)releases; the first Prime Warframe was good and made sense, the others not that much.

Why have they changed Orthos Prime then? When it was released first it has same stats as the standard one and it has been fixed as a bug: now Orthos Prime is way better compared to the non-Prime version.

Why can't we have just the same with Prime Warframes? Also, there's no need of such different stats as weapons have, taking Excalibur Prime as a sample would be absolutely enough and lore friendly!

Please DE, hear my pray!

I've got it, add Orokin research lab to dojos. You build your prime stuff in there, and chuck in a mod card for the boost you want. Frost Prime Components + Frost Frame + Vitality mod = Frost Prime with minor health boost. Latron Prime Parts + Latron + Serration = Damage boosted Latron Prime.

The rank of the mod makes no difference, the boost is the same as an unranked card. Should stop it getting silly, and doesn't just make Primes an upgrade, it makes them your upgrade.

Take the Prime weapon/frame back and mix in a new card to re-spec.

Edited by Jandor

I've got it, add Orokin research lab to dojos. You build your prime stuff in there, and chuck in a mod card for the boost you want. Frost Prime Components + Frost Frame + Vitality mod = Frost Prime with minor health boost. Latron Prime Parts + Latron + Serration = Damage boosted Latron Prime.

The rank of the mod makes no difference, the boost is the same as an unranked card. Should stop it getting silly, and doesn't just make Primes an upgrade, it makes them your upgrade.

Take the Prime weapon/frame back and mix in a new card to re-spec.

That would be awesome.

Utopian, but pucking awesome!

Right now frime warframes are a badly forma'ed warframe. Excalibur prime is the best example of this...  No bonus and  not one but two v polarities on a warframe???

All primes should have like +50 shields, or +5% sprinting speed or SOMETHING, that makes them better than their non-prime versions...

Edited by Agua