Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenebrous Ephemera and its RNG

Syeri

Why hide the tenebrous ephemera behind a horrible rng? in which a lucky player will find it on his first mission and the vast majority will never see it even if we go more than a thousand times to the sentient ship? It was the perfect opportunity for an ephemera to have been unlocked through a challenge, which could have been: ''kill 1000 sentients'' ''do the sentient anomaly 100 times''. idk, it really depresses me that more and more the rng is taking control in warframe leaving the grind and effort of the player aside. What do you guys think about this?

• Like 1

It's a combination of two potentially-unfair ideas multiplied by each other:

1) Ephemera (and Peculiar Mods before them) were designed from the start to be sort of "RNG exclusives". Unlike event grinding awards, not everyone would get them, so you would feel super hyped if you were lucky enough to get one early

2) Warframe is going through a "grind creep" these days, where DE want each consecutive item they release to take more grinding than the last one

Multiply factor one by factor two, and you get Tenebrous Ephemera

I would've loved for it to be achievement based somehow, but I don't see it ever happening. 

To give a reason, the Eidolon ephemera was planned to be achievement based (according to Rebecca on Reddit as said here). You see how that went... was just thrown into Nightwave.

Absolutely disgusting. Who is the genius thought that putting it on a multi layer RNG grind that can take months even years and may take more if you're unlucky will incentivize people to grind it? It will make people to not even bother (mind you the ephemera drop from the container is  not guaranteed). not to mention you can't even spend $$$ or plat in this case to get it. I dared say the grind for this ephemera is much worse than blazing step.

I put up a thread pleading for DE to increase the spawn rate of these rare containers so the grind is not super ridiculous. You may voice your complain there so it may get DE's attention.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 1

Its a free item, that looks awesome and is in high demand. Its gonna be hard to obtain, please remember this is a video game, you cant just get upset over somethings that make sense because you cant obtain it and expect them to make it easier to get. Thats not a video game, games are supposed to be a challenge not a charity case.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Lwyu said:

Its a free item, that looks awesome and is in high demand. Its gonna be hard to obtain, please remember this is a video game, you cant just get upset over somethings that make sense because you cant obtain it and expect them to make it easier to get. Thats not a video game, games are supposed to be a challenge not a charity case.

RNG has never been and never will be "challenging."

1 hour ago, Sapphirya said:

RNG has never been and never will be "challenging."

im saying some things require rng, hes trying to make an item that fits for rng into something u can just get simply. Yes theres too many rng related things now but thats def fitted in that category

RNG implemented right now in the game is outright idiotic and a waste of time. I for one have yet to kill my first Lich, because multilayer RNG just doesn't drop one of the mods I need to kill the Lich.

I wouldn't be so mad if every time you do certain task chances increase to receive items not received before. Now if you have theoretical 1 in 70 chance to receive the item every time you do the task its always 1 in 70 chance, even if you do 70 times the same task, you might be unlucky to not get that item.

They need to seriously redesign that system. It used to be frustrating few years ago, and it hasn't changed. RNG is still a serious contender for top spot to ruin Warframe experience

I'm pretty sure I lost interest in the grind for this Ephemera. The drop rate is purposefully low so they can work on other things while people lose their minds to the insanity that is these %'s.

No wonder people are using amesha as meta they can't get the parts for their ship to survive effectively. I can, but it wasn't easy to achieve.

This content was rushed and this is what that looks like. Pure insanity.

My advice, stop seeking out the red and gold chests.. the drop rates are too low for you to lose your mind over. You have better chances of meeting a celebrity than finding that Ephemera.

Edited by (PS4)Dyslxeai

What I REALLY hate is that lately I have tried to join crews for the sentient mission, and they have constantly failed because after the host runs through the ship and sees no ephemera (or maybe captura as well), he aborts the mission. Then, I'm suddenly in the mission solo with 1000hp/1000shield Railjack that cant survive the mission and the "Investigate the anomaly" -mission is undone, but do not change back to "Kill 20 sentients" when I enter the sentient ship. 

With the latest sentient ship, first time I aborted myself as the host just cannoned himself to the sentient ship and started going through it while saying that he will abort if he does not find rare chest. Second time the crew just went through the ship normally, but then host aborted without saying anything. Finally I could not do the mission at all before the sentient ship was no longer available. 

Very rare loot, 30 minute slot to get that loot, and it drops not as a "mission end" loot, but from a "#¤%¤ rare chest, causing people to run through the ship with gauss and then just aborting, screwing up the game for the others. Why can't the tenebrous and capturas be some 0,5% chance or whatever loots that can be acquired by COMPLETING THE MISSION and not aborting it!

Edited by Dthamilaye

On 2019-12-26 at 1:47 PM, --Brandt-- said:

I would've loved for it to be achievement based somehow, but I don't see it ever happening. 

To give a reason, the Eidolon ephemera was planned to be achievement based (according to Rebecca on Reddit as said here). You see how that went... was just thrown into Nightwave.

Yea i LOL'd when the ephemera was inserted to something totally unrelated to eidolon hunts.

I don't like it because of the many circumstances where you could lose it if you're so lucky to get your hands on it. Host migration form people abandoning that are looking for shedu parts ( You could find the container when they've all gone forcing you to take the mission on solo. ) The random glitches that can occur when a mission is almost complete that fix themselves when a host leaves. Someone just having an awful Railjack that is no fault of their own that you just can't carry/just a horrible pilot who can't railjack. There are a lot of things out of your control compared to your standard mission you could solo without putting a lot of time into railjack.

I just don't care anymore.  I just do stuff in Warframe that I enjoy, but chasing a certain super low drop rate item is not worth my time.  If I get it great, if not, don't care.  You see, getting that Tenebrous Ephemera isn't an insignia that a person is good at something, it just means they were lucky, so it's not really a badge of honor or anything significant. 

If this ephemera is so hard to get i say make it tradable, since the anomaly is on a really bad time gate (2hr &45min wtf) it is a massive pain to even try to farm this with infinite load screens and other bugs that prevent you into getting in the mission on top of that. 

Maybe just make the anomaly a random objective instead of this spawn timer crap so those who want to farm can donit atbtheir own pace instead of this horrendous 3 hour wait.