Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that you have started putting more rewards in Rare and Reinforced Containers, the spawnrate needs a revisit.

DrivaMain

You have started to put more rewards in rare and reinforced containers (Umbra Forma Blueprint, Tenebreous Ephemera, Captura Scenes). But the problem is that from Empyrean launch day until today, I have never seen a rare container once. I ran around 10 RJ Veil Proxima missions daily and never see them at all. 

I can imagine that the spawnrate is in the sub 1% chance due to my experience. 

So please DE, increase the chance or maybe just maybe (I might be too generous) always have 1 rare container spawn in any high level mission. You can remove the built forma and booster from the container drop table to compensate the spawnrate changes if you are afraid of people not buying forma or boosters.

Increasing the frequency or having 1 guarantee spawn of the rare containers greatly incentivize people to explore the tileset instead of rushing to the objective. 

Don’t forget to vent your frustations here so everyone (especially DE) realize how extremely terrible the grind for these containers is.

January 3rd 2020 update : It seems I ran around 200 Veil Proxima runs at this point and I still haven’t seen a single rare container.

January 5th 2020 update

With the rapidly growing issues of players ruining Veil Proxima Sentient Ship and Grineer Galleon (Umbra Forma farm spot) pub runs by rushing into the ship and then abort shows that the rare/reinforced container grind is tedious and attract toxicity in pub games. Forcing host/captains to bring Form Up avionic if they want those people to bugger off or cooperate. 

This thread is about this matter is on fire right now

January 6th 2020 Update : A fellow player posted some great ideas in his/her post

On 2020-01-06 at 6:35 PM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

I’ve spent months farming Syndicate Medallions which means I’ve played like 7-8 missions from beginning to end clear all loot trying to find the medallions. I destroy the loot so that it’s easier to spot medallions. Now that’s about 800 missions total where I searched from top to bottom and I’ve only found like 4-5 reinforced containers. 8-10 rare containers. Which makes me feel that rare containers have a 1% drop chance and reinforced have like 0.5%. Maybe 0.1% but I was lucky. 

Which would mean doing like 100s to 1,000s of Veil Proxima to find an Umbra Forma. Then the missions can take like 5-10 minutes with a good team. 20-30 with a bad team. An hour if you’re a complete newbie. So many containers to destroy and so many high level enemies that are tough. Then you’re railjack could be destroyed quickly if you leave it vulnerable. I’ve cleared loot containers through entire maps in less than 5 minutes while other players spent 10-15. And railjack may not have huge loot maps but all the flying and such can make it take pretty long. But I’m just gonna say 10 minutes to humor some people. 

100 missions would mean 17 hours. 1,000 missions would mean almost 170 hours. Just to get 1 Umbra Forma. Then you gotta think about the people who don’t have all day, week, or month to search for 1 item. 

At the very least DE should increase the spawn rate of rare containers in Veil Proxima only. Kind of like how they made the trials spawn dozens of these containers. So DE definitely can make Veil Proxima spawn more Rare/Reinforced containers. Definitely should since Veil Proxima spawns some of the most difficult enemies. Higher levels should have a higher chance of spawning rare containers. Like let’s say the spawn chance is 0.1%. On level 10 missions could be 0.1%. While level 50 be 0.5%. Level 100 be 1.0% spawn chance. That’s just an example. 

That or create some special repeatable Railjack Alert that has a much higher spawn chance. Some of the rewards could be a ton of Titanium or something. Maybe a Rare Railjack Avionic. Or MKIII component. But the rare containers have a much higher spawn chance. 

Either way, the current spawn chance is definitely a problem. Not to mention all the bugs that keep happening too. Imagine finally getting what you want just for a bug/glitch to happen that forces you to abort or close your game. Just trying to complete all the Veil Proxima nodes was a pain and took hours upon hours. 

Edit : To all people said that my suggestion will get these items "too quick", the umbra forma and tenebreous ephemera is not guaranteed from these containers. Even if DE makes these containers more common there are still RNG from the container drop table.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 19

I’ve found 2 of those Containers but only one was good. The Grineer one was a complete joke (only resources) while the Sentient one had more than that (i wish i had the Ephemera from it). But the Grineer one, it was since i’ve completed the Nodes in Veil and the Sentient one, just today so a massive gap in time between, probably a 2 - 3% chance of time difference. But can’t say no to that suggestion though but knowing DE (they might go too far with the change or the right amount).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Wait, Rare Containers? Does that also apply to the ones in regular missions, or this only a Railjack thing?

Rare containers spawn in Railjack missions. If you're using Helios, it'll scan them.

I hear the ones in the Veil can contain Umbra Forma. (Reinforcing the idea that more Umbral mods may be coming in the future)

13 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

So please DE, increase the chance or maybe just maybe (I might be too generous) always have 1 rare container spawn in any high level mission. 

Might be too much. I honestly think 5%, or even 10%, would be way more fair than what we have now.

Considering rare drops from Relics is 10%... when Radiant... and I still go through DOZENS of them before getting what I need, if ever...

It would still be pretty rare.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Wouldn't be rare at that point. No way the loot table stays the same in that case.

That is why I want the built forma and boosters to be removed to compensate the spawnrate changes. With the current spawn rate, I may never see a rare container in weeks or months even years. Those drops (Umbra Forma and Teneberous Ephemera) are also not guaranteed, making the grind even worse.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, schilds said:

Pretty sure farmable Umbral forma are not meant to be a thing.

Then why they put it in Veil Proxima's Rare Container in the first place? The New War is close, which means we may see an increased demand for Umbral Mods. If DE won't change the spawn rate, looking for them in Veil Proxima isn't worth it and The Veil will be a ghost town once everyone reached intrinsics 10 and got their Vidar Reactors.

My suggestion  also apply to non RJ missions aswell. Tell me, when was the last time people craft landing crafts by looking for rare containers for months instead of just buy them for plat?

There's no logic here, just a guessing game of what's going on in DE's head. More like seeing patterns in clouds, or reading the future from tea leaves, lines on a palm, or sheep entrails.

That said, there is a difference between what each of us is doing. I'm really just directly interpreting DE's actions as words:

Inclusion of Umbral Forma as a very rare drop => "Don't bother trying to farm these".

Whereas what other people are doing involves making a prediction:

Inclusion of Umbral Forma as a rare drop => "We're going to do more with these in future updates".

The latter involves more of a leap than the former. I'm going by what's there. Others are going by what they want to be there. You all may be right, but I'll believe it when DE says it or changes the drop chances.

Edited by schilds

4 hours ago, schilds said:

when DE says it or changes the drop chances.

If enough people cry about it, DE will change it asap. Look at the loot frame nerf and the mod drop chance booster, players screaming at DE and they revert the nerf around 4 months later.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Rare containers spawn in Railjack missions.

And they're different from the Rare Containers which spawn on ground missions? That's what I'm asking, because I've not run into any of the ground mission Rare Containers since Railjack came out and I wasn't sure if the drop tables for those were affected.

4 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

And they're different from the Rare Containers which spawn on ground missions? That's what I'm asking, because I've not run into any of the ground mission Rare Containers since Railjack came out and I wasn't sure if the drop tables for those were affected.

Well I've scanned all those rare containers. All I know is when I encountered containers with DIRAC in RJ missions, and happened to have Helios equipped, he went crazy, because I hadn't scanned it.

Pretty sure these other rare containers that could have Umbra Forma are also unique to RJ missions.

Remember that these rare containers are all unique objects with their own Codex entries.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Countless runs, only one rare container spawn.

I farmed the Sentient ship so much that I've sold over 10 Shedu sets at this point.

It only dropped a captura scene.

Enjoy this haiku full of my suffering. I've never hated anything in warframe more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Well I've scanned all those rare containers. All I know is when I encountered containers with DIRAC in RJ missions, and happened to have Helios equipped, he went crazy, because I hadn't scanned it. Pretty sure these other rare containers that could have Umbra Forma are also unique to RJ missions.

Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

5 hours ago, vFlitz said:

Countless runs, only one rare container spawn.

I farmed the Sentient ship so much that I've sold over 10 Shedu sets at this point.

It only dropped a captura scene.

Enjoy this haiku full of my suffering. I've never hated anything in warframe more.

Day 12 since I attempt my first Veil Run, still no container. At this rate, I may never see a rare container in months.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Are you trying to change international meaning of word “Rare” here?

Relics have "rare" rewards, But I can get them in a resonable time frame (hours or days). But rare containers? Expect running hundreds to thousands of missions to get 1 to spawn (may take weeks, months, even years). Oh didn't I forget to mention that those new drops (Umbra Forma and Tenebreous Ephemera) are not guaranteed from those containers?

Oh you didn't get your drop? Welp good luck running another hundreds to thousands mission run to get another! Oh didn't get it on the second try? Try again! See what I mean?

Edited by DrivaMain

52 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Relics have "rare" rewards, But I can get them in a resonable time frame (hours or days). But rare containers? Expect running hundreds to thousands of missions to get 1 to spawn (may take weeks, months, even years). Oh didn't I forget to mention that those new drops (Umbra Forma and Tenebreous Ephemera) are not guaranteed from those containers?

Oh you didn't get your drop? Welp good luck running another hundreds to thousands mission run to get another! Oh didn't get it on the second try? Try again! See what I mean?

Did you download the right game for you? Diamonds are rare because it’s hard to get them and not something like every time you visit South Africa you take 1 from there. Tbh, still missing the fact why experienced players locking their builds behind Umbral nonsense.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Tbh, still missing the fact why experienced players locking their builds behind Umbral nonsense.

Umbral Mods offer straight upgrades over their normal counterparts. Of course experienced players want to fit in those mods. 

Edited by DrivaMain

I just got my first red winged rare cache in the Sentient Outpost after about 100 runs. Got a bloody captura scene instead of the ephemera. I'm actually furious because getting the rare cache to drop is hard enough as it is but now we also need to pray for the right drop from it. It's stupid really.

12 minutes ago, Shockness said:

I just got my first red winged rare cache in the Sentient Outpost after about 100 runs. Got a bloody captura scene instead of the ephemera. I'm actually furious because getting the rare cache to drop is hard enough as it is but now we also need to pray for the right drop from it. It's stupid really.

Agreed, I am fine with RNG in this game. But DE went too far on this one. Low chance over another low chance is ridiculous. 

• Like 1