Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that you have started putting more rewards in Rare and Reinforced Containers, the spawnrate needs a revisit.

DrivaMain

49 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Umbral Mods offer straight upgrades over their normal counterparts. Of course experienced players want to fit in those mods. 

Against whom?

9 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Agreed, I am fine with RNG in this game. But DE went too far on this one. Low chance over another low chance is ridiculous. 

Tipical: I gave you a helping hand but you want whole arm. Dude above already stated that there was ridiculous spawn of Rare containers in Raids, ok, make spawn similar to Empyrean, but with same drop table, fair, isn’t it? Let’s remove them, your post will be replaced by tons of posts about Content drought.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Against whom?

Sentients of course, New War is coming. I can see the increased demand once it drops because my Excal Umbra with full Umbra Setup with adaptation managed to survive better than my 343% STR Chroma (No adaptation) againts level 90 Sentients on the Veil because Umbral Mods offer Tau damage resist. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

your post will be replaced by tons of posts about Content drought.

I doubt it, players already complain about the Umbra Forma and Tenebrous Ephemera grind. It's just a matter of time.

• Like 1

I have to imagine that the idea is indeed to make the items so rare that only some lucky players happen to get them and they're not worth grinding for. Rare containers are legitimately rare - I've probably opened like a dozen of them in normal missions up to now, and I'm MR18. I've got a Mantis and a spare set. I would not attempt to farm another.

17 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Well I've scanned all those rare containers. All I know is when I encountered containers with DIRAC in RJ missions, and happened to have Helios equipped, he went crazy, because I hadn't scanned it.

I imagine it's simply because it's a new tileset and a new container. Orokin, Corpus, and Grineer Rare containers were already separate containers, each with their own codex entries. This just counts as a fourth faction.

Edited by CopperBezel
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

I have to imagine that the idea is indeed to make the items so rare that only some lucky players happen to get them and they're not worth grinding for.

I see it as a missed opportunity that could make the Umbra Forma a sustainable reward in the Veil once everyone already got every RJ part. Knowing DE, they will likely make it more common once Sentients have been fully introduced into the game or enough players cry about it. Just like they did with Aura Forma (increased chance of dropping and added to the ingame store).

Edited by DrivaMain

2 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

I have to imagine that the idea is indeed to make the items so rare that only some lucky players happen to get them and they're not worth grinding for.

That would be fine for the forma. There's a slow but steady supply of it via Nightwave already, getting one or two more on top of that being subject to luck isn't too jarring to me.

The Ephemera, however.. it looks great, you can't get it anywhere else, and is an unique item you need only one copy of. In general I think rare containers should be a bit more common and have only evergreen rewards, but I digress - if DE wants to have a cosmetic available only to a limited subset of players, then it's been said time and time again that it should be done via a challenge and not winning a ludicrously unlikely roll of dice.

The current situation isn't enjoyable for anyone. If someone gets it on accident without trying might not even know how lucky they got. Someone who spends hours farming for it will either burn out or get it and feel relieved, not accomplished. And if someone who really wants the ephemera sees someone who has it, they're far more likely to be frustrated and detest them rather than admire them. If it took skill and not luck, things could be different.

Edited by vFlitz

7 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Did you download the right game for you? Diamonds are rare because it’s hard to get them and not something like every time you visit South Africa you take 1 from there. Tbh, still missing the fact why experienced players locking their builds behind Umbral nonsense.

Actually Diamonds are rare because De Beers controls the entry of new diamonds into the market, thus driving prices up, It's actually artificial inflation. Also, rare caches are a garbage mechanic. The encounter rate of rare caches is outrageously low.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vFlitz said:

That would be fine for the forma. There's a slow but steady supply of it via Nightwave already, getting one or two more on top of that being subject to luck isn't too jarring to me

Getting only around 4 from nightwave per year is not enough. we need around 180 umbra forma if we count normal and primes. Not to mention new warframes or primes getting pumped out once every 2-3 months bumping that requirement even higher.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Getting only around 4 from nightwave per year is not enough. we need around 180 umbra forma if we count normal and primes. Not to mention new warframes or primes getting pumped out once every 2-3 months bumping that requirement even higher.

It's not that bad. For starters, a lot of frames simply don't benefit much from Umbral Fiber - those need only 1 Umbra forma. Most people won't use them on non-primes either, save for some that are meta for certain activities and aren't getting primed anytime soon. Finally, no one really plays all the frames they have - so the choice can easily be narrowed down to frames that you use often.

8 hours ago, vFlitz said:

It's not that bad. For starters, a lot of frames simply don't benefit much from Umbral Fiber - those need only 1 Umbra forma. Most people won't use them on non-primes either, save for some that are meta for certain activities and aren't getting primed anytime soon. Finally, no one really plays all the frames they have - so the choice can easily be narrowed down to frames that you use often.

Yes it's not that bad. But min-maxing or getting as much power as possible to everything is one of the main goal of most players in this game. 

Let's not go too off topic, this discussion aims at the ridiculous low spawn rate of rare containers and begging DE to revisit them. If DE adds more rewards to them without changing the spawn rate, those items may never see a light of day and maybe only a small minority of players who have the crazy luck to get them all.

Currently only 2 players have confirmed to own Tenebrous Ephemera. That's 2 out of 50 million, you can see how bad the RNG is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Bumping this thread once because initial ratings look promising and I won't let this horrible grind got swept under the rug.

I would say "don't give up", but the chances of anything beneficial happening are incredibly low. DE have been going deeper and deeper into the grindwell with every passing update. Kuva weapons and the mythical vidar reactor with decent avionics capacity are two huge examples.

9 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

I would say "don't give up", but the chances of anything beneficial happening are incredibly low. DE have been going deeper and deeper into the grindwell with every passing update. Kuva weapons and the mythical vidar reactor with decent avionics capacity are two huge examples.

They are already aware of the reactor RNG issues. So there is still hope

DE Scott comment on the issue.

https://twitter.com/GooseDE/status/1208122193307164672

Edited by DrivaMain

On 2020-01-01 at 2:28 AM, gluih said:

I like stuff like the challenge rooms on lua or the hidden rooms on jupiter. Maybe even add some bosses to these kind of things and then give rewards for that instead of just randomly finding a box somewhere.

I agree. it will greatly add replayability to the tileset because it hugely incentivize players to explore instead of rushing to the end. Heck I always look for secret lab everytime I enter the new gas city before that in the old tileset I never explore.

Edited by DrivaMain

Am 27.12.2019 um 00:09 schrieb DrivaMain:

once everyone reached intrinsics 10 and got their Vidar Reactors.

You surely meant to say "if" instead of "when".
With that grind out there getting a good Vidar is luck, luck and luck again.
Currently my best reactor I've got is Sigma MK3 from Dojo because RNG hates me.

Just now, DarkRuler2500 said:

You surely meant to say "if" instead of "when".
With that grind out there getting a good Vidar is luck, luck and luck again.
Currently my best reactor I've got is Sigma MK3 from Dojo because RNG hates me.

DE is already aware and adjusting that grind ASAP. So yes, the “if” part will be replaced by “when”. Once that happens, The Veil will be empty unless DE revisits the container spawn rate because right now grinding those shiny Umbra Forma BPs or Sentient Rare Containers codex entries or the ephemera are not worth the headache.

After farming the mission for hours im finally at a point were i give up. I accaly went back to farm lich ephemera and that was after killing 31 with none.

My main problem is i'm unsure about the future.

1)I spent hours/days just for us to get new war and the ephemera starts becoming common and i wasted  a lot of my time.

2)it becomes tradable since for some reason since it how DE been fixing some of their bad RNG decisions lately. (lich weapons/ephemera, and them planning in making Avionics tradeable)

3)you can only get it on that one alert node and in 6 months no one will play it so ill need to solo farm it.

4)DE significantly increase spawn rate later also indirectly means i waised to much time on RNG on RNG, you can even get captura scenes and umbra forma instead of the ephemera.

Regular rare containers are certainly worth a revisit. I've been doing 3 Syndicate missions daily for what feels like a year. I've farmed up 4 Mantis landing craft sets. Crafted one, sold one, gave the rest away. The grind's rather ridiculous.

I only have one Earth captura scene despite having literally over 20 incubated Kubrows from egg drops, ignoring the ones I got from alerts. There's three captura scenes. It's ridiculous.

And that's not even getting into Veil Proxima containers.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Regular rare containers are certainly worth a revisit. I've been doing 3 Syndicate missions daily for what feels like a year. I've farmed up 4 Mantis landing craft sets. Crafted one, sold one, gave the rest away. The grind's rather ridiculous.

I only have one Earth captura scene despite having literally over 20 incubated Kubrows from egg drops, ignoring the ones I got from alerts. There's three captura scenes. It's ridiculous.

And that's not even getting into Veil Proxima containers.

Agreed, this horrible grind has been under our noses for years now. I am suprised no one talked about it after the retirement of raids (the place where rare or reinforced containers are raining like candy there).

With the rapidly growing issues of players ruining Veil Proxima Sentient Ship and Grineer Galleon (Umbra Forma farm spot) pub runs by rushing into the ship and then abort shows that the container grind is tedious and attract toxicity in pub games. Forcing host/captains to bring Form Up avionic if they want those people to bugger off or cooperate. 

This thread is about this matter is on fire right now