Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maps' Difficulty

RazielGD

The "difficulty" of a map is directly proportional to the members of a team, as we know...
This means that if you're playing on "solo" you should complete a mission more easily, right?
Wrong.
The difference is mainly in the number of enemies, that is reduced if you're playing alone, but this doesn't help at all in the gameplay:
-For example in Defense missions you're attacked by the same number of enemy waves, but with fewer enemies at each wave. This makes it very harder for AoE skills (or almost every type of skill, because you'll need energy recoveries anyway, and you're alone so others' skills won't help) in particular, because your targets will be scattered in small waves all around the map, harder to get.
-Drops are greatly decreased, and not just energy recoveries, but even mods and crafting materials, so you'll have to spend 4x time to collect them, if you want to play on your own.
-Exp is reduced because of the low amount of enemies, killed in the same time of a normal mission online.

I know this is a co-op game, but I think there should be the possibility to choose for players who prefere solo gameplay.

There is the possibility for players to play solo, they just get less out of it than if they play co-op.

Seeing as it is a co-op oriented game there are measures in place to encourage you to play with others, I see absolutely nothing wrong with how it is at the moment.

I think there are many ways to resolve this lack, one is this for example, if "difficulty" means the number of enemies (going on high level missions doesn't change much the gameplay). I would prefere something like reducing waves, but increasing the number of enemies for each wave in defense missions, in this way it will be easier for solo players and there will be no extras that may force anyone to play alone for better results. I took defense missions as an example, because it's there where you feel most the need of a team, but even for other missions like survival may work.
(I would love anyway a setting that let you decide how many enemies you'll face, it would be great I guess)

Edited by RazielGD

There is the possibility for players to play solo, they just get less out of it than if they play co-op.

Seeing as it is a co-op oriented game there are measures in place to encourage you to play with others, I see absolutely nothing wrong with how it is at the moment.

Yes, that's it.  Exclude up to 40% of gamers who want to play the game, because they don't have a good internet connection.  That's the way to make money!

The issue is that the amount of enemies might be less, but when you get multiple Ancient Disruptors at Earth (which is 9-16-ish?) in the same room, when soloing, it's time to look at it.

Yes, that's it.  Exclude up to 40% of gamers who want to play the game, because they don't have a good internet connection.  That's the way to make money!

The issue is that the amount of enemies might be less, but when you get multiple Ancient Disruptors at Earth (which is 9-16-ish?) in the same room, when soloing, it's time to look at it.

I have pretty dodgy internet, it's slow enough that people have literally laughed at it in my face, so I could he put in that 40%, but the game is CO-OP focused. Not every game will cater for every group of players. They might look into it in the future, hell Armour 2.0 might fix the problem of difficulty, but it's not a priority over getting the core game to actually work.

I have pretty dodgy internet, it's slow enough that people have literally laughed at it in my face, so I could he put in that 40%, but the game is CO-OP focused. Not every game will cater for every group of players. They might look into it in the future, hell Armour 2.0 might fix the problem of difficulty, but it's not a priority over getting the core game to actually work.

Uhm, Damage 2.0 IS the core game at the moment.  DE has also made noises about how the New Player experience is less than fun.

Uhm, Damage 2.0 IS the core game at the moment.  DE has also made noises about how the New Player experience is less than fun.

I know that is what I meant by mentioning is in my post. Apologies for being unclear on that, now that I read it when I am fully awake I see it was worded badly.