Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do your have toroids in caves?

Exqualater

Hello. Recently I tried to farm toroids in caves. I watched a bunch of videos with this walkthrough, and I climbed ALL the caves myself. But in no cave I did not find a single toroid. Has this method of pharmacy been already cut out, or am I missing something?

Edited by Exqualater

I've seen them in a cave 1 time since Fortuna's launch.

Best bet, set the bounty to lvl1, and ignore it.

The enemies are awful to fight otherwise.

Head to Space Port, Temple of Profit, or Enrichment Labs.

Leave no less than 1 crewman alive, so they keep calling for backup.

Kill till you have enough, or the enemies scale higher than you enjoy fighting.

Cash in by returning to Fortuna, and repeat.

Best of luck

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 2

its completely random and unreliable. Possible number of Toroids spawned in caves per run is zero to seven, 2-4 as average chance.

Your best bet is farming bases for the ones you need.

Vega Toroid: Drops from enemies around/inside the Spaceport.

Calda Toroid: Drops from enemies around/inside the Enrichment Labs.

Sola Toroid - Drops from enemies around/inside the Temple of Profit.

22 minutes ago, Exqualater said:

Hello. Recently I tried to farm toroids in caves. I watched a bunch of videos with this walkthrough, and I climbed ALL the caves myself. But in no cave I did not find a single toroid. Has this method of pharmacy been already cut out, or am I missing something?

Found my first cave toroid 2 days ago.

Do not waste time trying to farm toroids in caves.

If the Devs want farming toroids this way to be a thing, they should really increase the chances to find one.

Not sure how many of these toroids are needed or if they are only really good for standing, but if it's just for standing I would recommend just killing the profit taker instead.

At launch, you could farm them decently.  Then they made changes with that orb thing.. profit taker?  whatever, and I'm pretty certain they played with the rng tables because it is not as successful to cave check now.

I'd say previously, It was 1 in 20 chance (in the proper cave) for a torid to spawn, it is now seemly more like 1 in 100 but you get all 3.

Anecdotal obviously, but that is what it feels like to me.

It was nerfed. Previously you used to have a chance of being able to find 1~3 toroids in several caves across the Orb Vallis. The chance to spawn was independent for all of them.

Now the chance to spawn has been tied to all caves together, so only ONE cave will spawn 3 toroids for each session. It's no longer worth searching caves for toroids, sadly.

Edited by RS219

they do spawn in caves, but I've seen only two times since I joined.
Best tip is: look for a toroid farming team in the recruiting chat, the more enemies spawn the more toroids you are going to get.
I am an avid toroid farmer, feel free to add me if you are on PC