Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

holyicon's Big Dum Wish List [ July 2020 Update ]

holyicon

Welcome to holyicon's cavalcade of big dum ideas!

These are just some suggestions, QoL improvements or otherwise that would be "nice" if the Dev staff ever had time to do them, but aren't really needed any time soon, if at all.

=== General ===

Spoiler

#G.1# Specific Weapon Switch Key Binds
Right now we have two binds that function identically: "Switch Weapon" and "Switch Gun".
unknown.png
Let's fix this by making three binds: "Switch Weapon", "Equip Primary" and "Equip Secondary".
Like before, holding any one of these buttons will equip melee.

#G.2# Bindable Blink Key in Archwing
This bind set would mirror the established "Sprint / Roll" and "Sprint" & "Roll".
unknown.png
To wit: "Boost / Blink", "Boost" & "Blink".
These Binds would not override commands unused in Archwing, such as "Reload".

#G.3# RGB Tooltip in Pallets
This is just a simple tooltip that displays the RGB value of the color under the pointer.
Very useful for a color vision deficient player such as myself to match colors they know by value rather that sight.

#G.4# Dojo Renovation

#G.5# In-Game Emblem Previewer
With the addition of Clan Emblem Glyphs, this may be the best opportunity to get an in-game preview before submitting Clan Emblems for official use.
Any in-engine preview will do, even support in the TennoGen Tool would be greatly appreciated.
See: How Not to Emblem for further examples of why.

#G.6# Baro wants Arcanes!
Once a popular bug; now an inventory management essential.
Trade arcanes for Ducats: Limit 10 Arcanes per Week. (because Baro cares ❤️ )
unknown.png

=== Orbiter ===

Spoiler

#O.1# "Check Your Mail!!! REEEEEE" {addressed}
Options toggle for Ordis not to pull up your mail automatically.

#O.2# Companion Conflicted Mods {addressed}
Mods equipped by a companion's weapon should always be indicated as such even if that companion is not currently equipped.
You may still equip that mod to your weapon, but the mark will remain.
Actual conflicts should be resolved when exiting the Arsenal.

#O.3# Immature Helminth Infections (addressed}
Just let us inoculate against the Helminth Infection as soon as infected, please.

#O.4# Sell Blueprints via Foundry
Simple option within the foundry to sell unwanted blueprints from there.

#O.5# Arsenal Animations
Simple option to pause the idle animations when within the arsenal appearance subscreens.

#O.6# Arsenal Adblock
Simple option to hide unowned weapons in the arsenal when selecting a weapon to equip.

#O.7# Persistent Squads
Right now returning to your orbiter from anywhere except a combat mission removes you from your current squad.
This is silly and should be fixed.

#O.8# Rearranging the Gear Wheel {addressed}
Adds the ability to drag and drop items within the gear wheel to change their location, without the need to undo everything that comes after.
May also drag an item into the space between two others to insert it into the list there.

#O.9# Quick Decoration Access
Hit [1] at any time in Orbiter to immediately enter deco-placement mode.

=== Combat ===

Spoiler

#C.1# Rift and Pickups
Is there a specific reason a player is not allowed to pick up loot while rifted?
I understand datamasses as a matter of balance, but not rubedo.
If vacuum can work through the rift, so should looting!

#C.2# Opticor Vandal Alt-Fire needed
Basically this lets you switch between the Opticor Vandal fast-charge, low-damage mode and the OG Opticor slow-charge, high-damage mode.

#C.3# Drop Kick Base Damage
I want this to scale with mastery rank or some other meta statistic.

#C.4# Zenith Alt-Fire Rework 3.0
This alt-fire has never sat well with me.
Rather than firing the disc as a beacon, it would be better if alt-fire moved it to top of the Zenith as a scope attachment.
A little how the Fulmin works.
Once attached to the Scope, the Zenith's Semi Mode will have a 1.5x Zoom when aiming that has the Codex Scanner visual effect.
This effect lasts until Alt-Fire is used to return the Zenith to Auto-Mode.

#C.5# Arc Traps... ARC! TRAPS!!!
Arc traps are very lore/immersion breaking. Please find a better implementation for them.

#C.6# That one invisible wall in the Grineer Mines tileset
This bit of broken geometry has never been addressed.

unknown.pngunknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=226

#C.7# Vandal and Wraith weapons goto Rank 40.
Like other Rank 40 weapons, this would require Forma to accomplish.
Each forma added, adds 2 to the maximum rank, etc... etc...

#C.8# Reticle indicator for Rift.
Right now the visual effect for being in the Rift isn't obvious enough in too many situations/environments/settings.
Something like this...
rift_reticle.png
AND... the Banish sigil should appear as a Buff.
unknown.png

#C.9# Ocylus Augment
"Scan Flora" |- OOO
Ocylus scans all plants within 6~12~18~24 meters every 32~24~16~8 seconds.
Available from Cephalon Simaris for 75,000 Standing.
mod_scanflora.png

#C.10# Ice is Nice
Frozen and Cold objects fall faster instead of slower.
Note, this does not affect objects experiencing TIME differently.

#C.11# Void Reactant and Trace Scaling
The amount of reactant need and traces rewarded now scale with the tier of the relic.

unknown.png

#C.12# Spare the Little Ones
Latchers, Rollers, Rattals, and other "Summoned Only" Enemies will no longer count towards Exterminate Completion or Defense Kills.
They will also use smaller arrow markers on the mini-map.

#C.13# Universal Lootings Ltd.
Any loot that does not require manual player interaction (Ayatans, etc...) is now Universally Picked Up for the squad in the same way Credits are now.
Reliquary Relics, 30 min Boosters, Forma and a few other things now require manual interaction to pick up.
This change does not affect ammo or mission specific resources such as Void Reactant and Oxygen Canisters.

#C.14# Snowglobe UI for Frost
At any given time Frost can have up to Four active snowglobes; however, he can only see what percent the most recently reinforced globe is at.
Let's give the old man a nice UI refresh that shows the Percent and Total Health of each of his Snowglobes, eh?
With an arrow inside each UI Globe that points towards the represented placed Globe, eh?
Or maybe a lifebar above each globe that only Frost can see, eh?
Or maybe cracks that build up as the Globe loses health, eh?

#C.15# Stealing is Great!
You know how there are items you can carry around during missions?
You know how you can sometimes leave a mission while still carrying them?
What if the first time you carried each specific carriable item out of a mission, you got a Orbiter Decoration of that item?
Maybe there could be an Achievement for stealing all the things?
Sounds neat, eh?

#C.16# Dropship Cosmetic and Air Support Functionality should get a Divorce.
Pretty simple really. Let us choose our Dropship and Support separately.
Either by selecting them from the Orbiter Appearance tab.
Or by letting us craft each support charge type as its own equippable Gear Item.
Customization is nice, eh?

#C.17# Reload 2.0
Have you ever noticed that if your reload animation is interrupted at any point it must restart from the beginning?
No matter how nonsensical that is?
Just how many times can you eject the same empty plasma cartridge?
What exactly happens when you dodge-roll? Does your empty magazine get sucked back up into your gun?
Reloads should have "Restart Breaks" baked into them at logical points in the animation.
Such that if the player has already passes a Restart Break, but interrupts the animation.
The reload will resume from that Restart Break when allowed to continue.
It only makes sense, eh?

#C.18# 
For each Forma applied to a Warframe, it gets one additional ability Unlocked at Warframe Rank 0.
Example: An Excalibur with 2 Forma will have Slash Dash, Radial Blind and Radial Javelin unlocked at Excalibur Rank 0.
These extra Abilities will then rank up on the Warframe Rank where it would have normally Unlocked.
Applied Forma beyond 3 does not further affect ability unlocks or ranks.

=== Post "War Within" related (Spoilers) ===

Spoiler

#S.1# Operator Faces
Operators can still get janky meshing during their mission pop-ups.
Suspect wrong "2nd face" reference in certain animations.

#S.2# Costume Clipping in Seat
FIX THIS PLEASE
unknown.png?width=204&height=300

#S.3# Default to Operator in Orbiter
Simple option to return to orbiter as operator instead of warframe (for RP purposes, I guess).
This would be suppressed by "Creator Mode".

#S.4# Show Focus School in Void Power circle
This thing should show your current focus school instead of the generic focus icon.
unknown.png?width=400&height=140

#S.5# Operator Hood Toggle
Pressing reload while in Operator/Warrior Mode should toggle Hood Opened / Hood Closed.

#S.6# Saturn Six Hood Opened
This.
unknown.png

#S.7# Set Focus School per Config Slot Rather than per Loadout
Just saying that this is way more useful than current, though current is still better than none at all.

#S.8# This is Who I Really Are???
Ability to review the decisions you made during previous story quests.

As always, have fun out there, be kind to each other, but equally mean to those that oppose the Tenno!
sangraal_glyph_dark.png - holyicon - albion.png

AN OPEN LETTER TO NATAH

Righteous Steve - of harrowed code - of hallowed patches.
   Speak.
For an age you've guarded the divide between Update and Reinforcement.
      Speak.
From within your everlasting sacred office, you've held the lidless bourbon.
         Speak!

Edited by holyicon
July Update
  • Like 5

I would like to add that you should be allowed to have more than one pet be able to roam about the Orbiter. as anyone who owns an in-game pet knows, they can roam around even when inactive, so long as they aren't in stasis. If you have multiple pets, they should be able to all move about, sleep, and even play together. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanna add that Magus Firewall should really be edited to work as it does but with 2 small changes that would actually make it good

1: orbs from it decay one at a time for the set duration instead of all being on timers as soon as they spawn.

2: orbs should work like health conversion when you are hit and have a 3 second window of immunity from further orb loss when one is lost due to an enemy attack.

these are just quality of life changes that might actually make magus firewall arguably good.

Edited by Kefka
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Good to see progress being made! DE still loves us after all this time! Maybe they'll get my Magus Firewall change in eventually too! I still hold out hope!

Edited by Kefka
Didn't wanna come across as ungrateful.
  • Like 1

On 2019-12-26 at 3:41 PM, holyicon said:

Hide contents

#C.14# Snowglobe UI for Frost
At any given time Frost can have up to Four active snowglobes; however, he can only see what percent the most recently reinforced globe is at.
Let's give the old man a nice UI refresh that shows the Percent and Total Health of each of his Snowglobes, eh?
With an arrow inside each UI Globe that points towards the represented placed Globe, eh?
Or maybe a lifebar above each globe that only Frost can see, eh?
Or maybe cracks that build up as the Globe loses health, eh?

I don't main or play Frost and I'm not really interested in your suggestion other than it'd be a nice QoL update, but can they please fix his snow-globes so that teammates don't have their projectiles stopped when firing into the Snowglobe. as someone who really enjoys Ivara and snipers, it really bugs me during defences when there is a Frost on the team since I know that I'll basically be rendered useless when aiming at a certain area, or it'll force me to fight in a way that I enjoy less. Or at least make it so that ally shots that are intercepted by the snowglobe remove a very tiny amount of its health.
Right now, Frost is more of a hinderance than a buff to quite a lot of teams in missions where you have to defend an object/objects

Edited by (XB1)KawaiiAsa
  • Like 1