Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So DE said that it will take months....

Update

6 minutes ago, Proffebolter said:

It reminds me of an episode of South Park.

maxresdefault.jpg

You looked in the mirror? 

Seriously it's holiday break people have a lot of free time you guys are going nuts cause someone spent some of their break playing warframe sheesh what's next getting upset someone has alot of Plat or wait getting upset cause a founder has excal prime 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

People wouldn't scream content drought if the new content had replayability. 

People wouldn't scream content drought if they paced themselves instead of cramming it in as quickly as possible.

• Like 2

On 2019-12-26 at 4:55 PM, kapn655321 said:

Players can beat the content faster than DE intended it to be consumed.
If folks pull all nighters barreling through it relentlessly, that should automatically
be understood that was not the expected use of the product.

And yet players in general will be punished by all means short of banning them if they dare to go beyond the developer's expectations, this reminds me of that episode when Bart finished Guts of War at a game convention on the Simpsons and the developer made a big deal about it saying the game's development costs his marriage.

2 minutes ago, Rivyn said:

People wouldn't scream content drought if they paced themselves instead of cramming it in as quickly as possible.

People are allowed to play the game at their own pace and give feedback based on their experience. Running through content faster or slower doesn't magically make it seem like there's more or less of it. 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime
  • Like 1

congrats on the rank 10's. I feel the problem isn't that you already got to rank 10 in the tree's, but that rank 10 perks are well... trash. At least for how long it'll take to earn them normally and not doing the stealth affinity gain.

Edited by Fire2box

3 minutes ago, Rivyn said:

People shouldn't tell other people how fast to play the game. Nobody is screaming content drought and it's he holidays lad. People have time to sit down and play games they like.....  

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

People wouldn't scream content drought if the new content had replayability. 

That's why we have this wreckage RNG, because apparently people can't play anymore after getting everything just for enjoyment

hace 4 minutos, (PS4)sweatshawp dijo:

You looked in the mirror? 

Seriously it's holiday break people have a lot of free time you guys are going nuts cause someone spent some of their break playing warframe sheesh what's next getting upset someone has alot of Plat or wait getting upset cause a founder has excal prime 

emmmmmm

hqdefault.jpg

Just now, 844448 said:

That's why we have this wreckage RNG, because apparently people can't play anymore after getting everything just for enjoyment

The community as a whole generally speaking really only sees value in items as rewards because well that's what you mostly do Ingame. Not saying you should just play to get stuff but I understand their mentality. 

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

The community as a whole generally speaking really only sees value in items as rewards because well that's what you mostly do Ingame. Not saying you should just play to get stuff but I understand their mentality. 

Guess I'm the oddball for enjoying warframe as it is and not putting a single grain of care for rewards

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

And yet players in general will be punished by all means short of banning them if they dare to go beyond the developer's expectations

True enough.

An odd thing happens with those situations where the most streamlined route gets over traveled:
At the start, it's the experience catered to those who have a Very keen eye for these things.
They do an excellent job of breaking everything down to it's constituents and maximizing it.

...then a few weeks later, that information has trickled down to everyone.
As it does, these methods get picked up by some players who are in it, not for having
conquered the mechanics through ingenuity and dedication..
but want to cheese it to feel superior. They get a taste for that, stake out a hill to be the king of,
and camp there, lording their method over others.

This detracts from players who aren't in a hurry to get started, because that guy is there.
...You know the one.. kid on the headset yelling at people for being a leach if they didn't equip meta.
As any parent with boys knows, "When the toys become weapons, you lose that toy."
Those players use it to lord their superiority over others, as that's the game they want to play.
...by the time they're lording it over DE for being to incompetent to make a REAL challenge,
that's when it's got to go.

Just now, 844448 said:

Guess I'm the oddball for enjoying warframe as it is and not putting a single grain of care for rewards

Intrinsically speaking you're not. But from the average gamer. If you do (x) you should get (y). Many people put enjoyment second hand especially if they are already invested in the game because they feel Iike the rewards should be able to cause enjoyment. For example i was happy after getting my last part from farming Ivara. I did not enjoy the rnj and spy missions and since haven't ran them that was years ago though. I enjoy using my daikyu and shutting up dread stans in every way possible not playing to get a new mod.

4 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

True enough.

An odd thing happens with those situations where the most streamlined route gets over traveled:
At the start, it's the experience catered to those who have a Very keen eye for these things.
They do an excellent job of breaking everything down to it's constituents and maximizing it.

...then a few weeks later, that information has trickled down to everyone.
As it does, these methods get picked up by some players who are in it, not for having
conquered the mechanics through ingenuity and dedication..
but want to cheese it to feel superior. They get a taste for that, stake out a hill to be the king of,
and camp there, lording their method over others.

This detracts from players who aren't in a hurry to get started, because that guy is there.
...You know the one.. kid on the headset yelling at people for being a leach if they didn't equip meta.
As any parent with boys knows, "When the toys become weapons, you lose that toy."
Those players use it to lord their superiority over others, as that's the game they want to play.
...by the time they're lording it over DE for being to incompetent to make a REAL challenge,
that's when it's got to go.

Please don't take this as me being rude but what does this have to do with op just posting a picture of him and his rj progress after two weeks

2 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

To fully optimize the game for what those players want,
it would need to be a nonstop addictive stream of disposable loot.
They'd need to make our best gear break in order to meet that impossible expectations.
Then once that is realized, like Monster Hunter, even That gets old..
New gear will keep you stuck, but not satisfied..
They'd need between 2-10 new Groundbreakingly good items and enemies a week to
properly inundate players to the inevitable extent required.
Even then.. those players would refine ways to optimize or subvert that depending.

A story called The Tale of the Fisherman and the Fish by Alexander Pushkin (1833) remarks on this impulse.
From the wikia article related to the story:
"In Pushkin's poem, an old man and woman have been living poorly for many years. They have a small hut, and every day the man goes out to fish. One day, he throws in his net and pulls out seaweed two times in succession, but on the third time he pulls out a golden fish. The fish pleads for its life, promising any wish in return. However, the old man is scared by the fact that a fish can speak; he says he does not want anything, and lets the fish go.

When he returns and tells his wife about the golden fish, she gets angry and tells her husband to go ask the fish for a new trough, as theirs is broken, and the fish happily grants this small request. The next day, the wife asks for a new house, and the fish grants this also. Then, in succession, the wife asks for a palace, to become a noble lady, to become the ruler of her province, to become the tsarina, and finally to become the Ruler of the Sea and to subjugate the golden fish completely to her boundless will. As the man goes to ask for each item, the sea becomes more and more stormy, until the last request, where the man can hardly hear himself think. When he asks that his wife be made the Ruler of the Sea, the fish cures her greed by putting everything back to the way it was before, including the broken trough."

Maybe that's tied in to a coping mechanism? Never thought about that till now..
"I'm not addicted to gaming.. see? I spend the least time possible on everything."
"For 6 hours a day?" "Well yeah! It would have been 30 hours!"
Is it safe, healthy, or possible to ever really give everyone what they want?

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Please don't take this as me being rude but what does this have to do with op just posting a picture of him and his rj progress after two weeks

Just replying to another comment.

If I've taken too much time or been a distraction, then I'll leave you folks to it.

4 hours ago, 844448 said:

Yeah, because if that is true you can play warframe forever even if there is no update, such kind of persons are pretty rare.