Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requiem relics

Shidonia

Hello everyone,

So requiem relics were introduced with the kuva lich system. There are 4 types of requiem relics (1, 2, 3 and 4) and each of them drop only 2 different requiem mods. The rest of the drops in them are riven slivers, kuva and an exilus weapon adapter.

Considering that these mods are 'charged', 

How would you feel if DE made an exceptional refinement applied for this specific relic type that allows us to omit drops. Basically,

In return of 100 traces you will be able to omit 2 items from the list and increase drop rate of a certain item from the drop table by adding up the drop percentages of those 2 items you deleted from the relic's drop table. 

I know that this sounds like a vanilla cream cake with some raspberry jam in it. But there are too many relics, many of them have weird items in it and we need more stuff going on with relics and I hope this idea will change few things about the system. We need negative refinement which blacks out few items, forma relics and etc. 

When the relic system was introduced I thought we would have to get into a mission with one relic fill it up with reactants and manipulate the drop table of it to extremes as we continously took it to missions with us. Like a backpack of Dora but you get to choose what you need from it. I thought there would be relics with guaranteed forma drop in them or forma bundles too. Call me a lunatic if you want, I'm consent with the current system but old void keys weren't that bad. 

Edited by Shidonia

1 hour ago, Shidonia said:

Call me a lunatic if you want, I'm consent with the current system but old void keys weren't that bad. 

I won't. I have always considered void keys better than the current relic system. While it has its flaws for sure, at least you know that you are farming for whatever you want to farm with void keys.... with relics, its farming for relics, then farming for traces, then farming for the parts. Previous months of playing / efforts are also useless whenever a new prime is released.

1 hour ago, Shidonia said:

We need negative refinement which blacks out few items, forma relics and etc. 

I would like to get forma lmao, liches ate through my supply 😛  That being said, a negative refinement would be a lot better than current system's radiant as people would probably proceed to just block out the common drops.

4 hours ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

I won't. I have always considered void keys better than the current relic system. While it has its flaws for sure, at least you know that you are farming for whatever you want to farm with void keys.... with relics, its farming for relics, then farming for traces, then farming for the parts. Previous months of playing / efforts are also useless whenever a new prime is released.

You are conveniently leaving out the fact, that someone had to farm a void key. On top of that you also get relics while opening them (ofc you have to run endless missions for this).

The relic system is better, if you are looking for a specific item, and worse, if you have everything and are just looking to get more stuff to sell for plat. Since most players, who actually know the difference, must have been around for a while, I would assume, that they fall into the farming-for-plat camp. I personally think it's better to make it easier for new players. When I started playing the game it was in the old system and it was pretty easy to play through the game and catch up with the veterans. I don't exactly know what the new player experience is like, but the older the game becomes, the more important it becomes to care about new players.

4 hours ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

I would like to get forma lmao, liches ate through my supply 😛  That being said, a negative refinement would be a lot better than current system's radiant as people would probably proceed to just block out the common drops.

You are effectively already blocking out common drops. If you want to increase the drop chance for the rare items, you have to take it from somewhere. While it can be frustrating to get 4 common drops in a full radiant group, avoiding that experience isn't really worth giving up rare drops. I generally get enough of all the uncommon drops by the time they are vaulted.
If you want to spend even more traces to block out uncommon stuff, I guess that would be worth it, if you a few of some very old relics lying around and you really need something out of them.

So you should probably be more specific in terms of what how many traces would do exactly. And keep in mind what would actually be worth it in general and what DE are going to do, so rare items don't become too easy to get.

edit: If you most of what you care about is being able to prepare for a new prime release, I would be all for ways to do so. Some way to get relic packs outside of syndicate standing. Having to go back to farming void traces, when you maxed them out before the release, is also frustrating.

Edited by gluih