Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't War get something?

Xolot

I know War is old, and a real pain to get, but taking a look at current Sentient and Orokin-Sentient weapons, it seems like it was left behind, from simpler times where only the operator was allowed to strip resistances from sentient:

Paracesis: can improve max level and capacity up to 5 times by the use of forma, achieving extra damage against sentient meanwhile. Strip Sentient resistances with every strike

Shedu: infinite ammo, automatic reload, deals area damage with each shot and a big area around the wielder upon using all the bullets. Strip Sentient resistances with the big AOE around the wielder.

War: has impact as main damage (not an advantage, but it's worth noting)

Edited by Xolot
Added Orokin-Sentient to avoid creating a different paragraph just for Paracesis.
  • Like 1

I would think giving it the ability to ignore sentient resistances and/or armor would be a lot better for both. You could even give one effect to broken war and the other (or both) to War.

Now I do not mean for war to reset like Paracesis. I mean that even if a sentient has resistances War/ Broken War will do full damage.

Edited by CounterOne
forgot to clarify

Pretty sure the Paracesis is not a sentient weapon, odd for sentients to make something dubbed "the sentient slayer" ontop of that. Just a gift from the friendly neighborhood creator of almost everything wrong in the galaxy, Ballas. Meanwhile, War was a gift from a sentient (and is a part of said sentient) to Stalker. Most smart people don't hand their pawns something that can bring about their own end. The Shedu though. That is sentient and can for some reason reset weaknesses. I got nothin.

Edited by BansheePrime
  • Like 2

No, War must continue to be an Impact weapon with no special ability because it is the product of the most powerful Sentient in the lore (that we know of!) and has ridiculous farming requirements.

War gets just 0.3m range over all the other Heavy Blades. That is totally enough and reflective of Hunhow's immense powers and its ridiculous rarity.

EDIT: There really should be a comic of Stalker asking why he should use Hunhow's War instead of Gram Prime or some other powerful Heavy Blade.

Edited by nslay
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

Pretty sure the Paracesis is not a sentient weapon, 

Correct. The blueprint was Ballas' design.

as for War / Broken War
it would make sense to get something. since Shedu is a sentient weapon and strips the res on the burst. Maybe strip on ground slam/send out ground slam AoE elemental damage

Edited by Vesiga

8 hours ago, nslay said:

has ridiculous farming requirements.

I've read this before, so I am starting to believe it. Feeling lucky, as I got it pretty much immediately after finishing the related quest... (not only that, I even got all drops from Stalker several times...)

I am for a form of interference with 5% chance on hit.

Each being that uses warframe like abilities (deals in void) would be affected (liches, spectres, tenno, stalker, zanuka..) will be stunned briefly, prevents ability casting for 5 seconds. Has innate cd to apply its effect (lets say 10seconds) . 

Its a gift from Hunhow to kill us. It has to have a power matching the lore. 

hace 12 horas, BansheePrime dijo:

Pretty sure the Paracesis is not a sentient weapon, odd for sentients to make something dubbed "the sentient slayer" ontop of that. Just a gift from the friendly neighborhood creator of almost everything wrong in the galaxy, Ballas. Meanwhile, War was a gift from a sentient (and is a part of said sentient) to Stalker. Most smart people don't hand their pawns something that can bring about their own end. The Shedu though. That is sentient and can for some reason reset weaknesses. I got nothin.

Yes, the Paracesis it's not exactly a sentient weapon, but also it isn't a prime weapon either. The fact that it uses Eidolon Shards, Ducats and Orokin Cells points to this weapon as an hybrid between Orokin and Sentient technology, but it felt weird to add Shedu and War as sentient weapons and then add Semi-sentient weapons with Paracesis in there.

My theory is that sentient weapons don't strip resistances as an actual anti-sentient mechanism, but they strip resistances because they are made from Sentient parts, and try to "share" it like living Sentient do, but because they aren't really alive, they end up taking the whole accumulated resistance. Why war doesn't work this way though? Probably because it's older than the concept of anti-sentient weapons, but it should be, even more because it's made by Hunhow, an elder Sentient 

Edited by Xolot

Paracesis isn't a Sentient one, but yes, all Sentient weapons get fancy passives or unique abilities.

Komorex: only sniper with a Secondary fire, and an AoE sniper to boot.

Cyanex: works like the RYNO from Rachet and Clank, but in Pistol form.

Shedu: just... all of Shedu.

Phantasma: beam shotgun mixed with a targeting cluster bomb.

I suggest giving it a sword beam on heavy attacks, since Stalker can use it for exactly that.

Gotta make it heavy duty to compete with Hate now! 

War- killing blows on strong enemies have a random chance to summon a level 120 Stalker to fight by your side for remainder of mission.

They made Hate one of the most powerful weapons in the game last melee pass. War deserves some hardcore love and so does Despair. Maybe they can even give em all the weapons a really crazy set bonus. Make stalker stuff great again.  

my bad 

but yea they should buff it ..as it is pain in ass to get and need sacrifice of a great endgame sword [broken war]

Edited by ItsJoYWTF
my bad,, i read the lore where its onyl said that its used by stalker to kill warframes adn its a heavy sword