Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Days Off

Llyssa

Livestream had a sort of non-answer for "what do tenno do on their day off?".

Curious what everyone's interpretation is.

Personally, when I'm not killing things like crazy, I run circles around the dojo bouncing off of things, running the walls and doing cool slides, flips, and flying leaps off the furniture.

I kind of imagine that's what they do. For official reasons, "TRAINING!", but honestly, the suit is like living in your own personal rollercoaster. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Oh right, I remember that with the dojo picture.

Based on the Japanese theme of the dojos, I'd imagine they'd relax by reading and playing games like shogi/chess. Perhaps they'd mess around with bonsai trimming, flower arranging, and gardening too? The fish picture was labeled "Tenno Pets", so the idea of the Tenno having alien pet CAT PRIMES is may be a thing someday as well.

I Imagine it would be different depending on which Warframe would be the Tenno's.

Rhino, Excalibur, Saryn, Vauban and Banshee would probably wind down with some good ol' fashioned drinking. If we were to include a Japanese stereotype, possibly by Karaoke - Banshee has to live up to her namesake somehow, right?

Nekros, Frost, Trinity and Mag  would perhaps spend their off time in quiet contemplation, getting a bit of research done, indulging themselves in creating art.

Nova, Ember, Volt and Ash I imagine would most probably spend most of their time sleeping, or engaging in whatever form of media-entertainment would be available according to lore.

Loki and Nyx, would perhaps spend most of their days off pulling off practical jokes; Loki the kinds closer to the unkind variation - the ones that are meant to focus the attention on the prankster, and Nyx the kind where the victim might not even be aware of them, the kind where the enjoyment is introvert and not necessarily shared.

Edited by Santiak

ronnie.jpg

RHINO: YO THIS IS THE RHINO HERE! DON’T YOU GOOMBAS KNOW WHAT TSHIRT TIME IS? DO YOU EVEN LIFT? COME ON.

RHINO: ALRIGHT, LEMME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU SQUARES. TSHIRT TIME IS WHEN YOU GET A NEW HAIRCUT, PUT YOUR CHAIN AND YOUR WATCH ON, GET A NEW TAN, AND YOU PUT ON YOUR FRESH SNEAKERS AND YOU NEW TSHIRT AND YOU GO TO THE CLUB AND YOU FIND SOME CHICK THAT’S DTF. TSHIRT TIME MEANS YOU GONNA GET LAID, SEE? AIN’T NO GIRL CAN RESIST A GORILLA THIS FRESH AND THIS SWOLE.

RHINO: ALL MY GUIDOS IN THE HOUSE GIMME A POUND.

Sadly, Doozy put an end to this, but he has some secret overarching plan of some sort. This is one of his little snippets.

Edited by Zeus154

What would Tenno do in their off time?  I see two possibilities. 

One:  They're bred warriors, possibly engineered, who came from a time where a highly advanced civilization vanished and have little to no memory of that time beyond reflex and training.  Therefore I assume they would be maintaining their equipment, honing their skills, inconspicuously gathering intelligence, and efficiently manipulating events at the behest of the Lotus to their ultimate advantage. 

Their goals have yet to be defined, and their origin raises questions about their place in the Sol System and who else is out there.  What or who happened to the Orokin after all?  Will it happen again? 

I can see them as resolute as the edge of a skana.  It asks no questions, boasts nothing, taunts none.  It cuts clean through and the victor lives while the looser can no longer speak.  On to the next mission.  Well done Tenno, we're done here. 

Two:  On the other hand, while my Tenno would be doing as stated above, there's a lot more to life than just missions and after who knows how long in a cryopod, I can imagine these warriors wanting a day without Lotus sending them to yet another barren asteroid or smelly, ugly, infested space wreck. 

I could see them taking off their helmets, looking after their home base, trying to remember what came before, leaving the past behind and forging something new.  They'd make jokes, some would laugh, some would smile, some would not understand.  They'd eat food, complain about it, swallow it without a sound, try to make something better.  They'd invent games, at first a modified practice routine that would quickly deteriorate into a laughing fit and a full blow competition.  They'd personalize their rooms, adding trophies, plants, decorations, useful items, mementos.  They'd study themselves as much as their enemies, gathering what they could about the new Sol System. 

I wonder what they'd see in a mirror?  What do Tenno think of themselves?  Did they loose much?  Does it matter if they can't remember?  What were they before they first donned a warframe?  Why'd they put it on, and what did they do?  I imagine they'd ask these questions, each in a different way.  Maybe Lotus would give them answers.  Maybe not, instead changing the subject, keeping them focused on the job at hand, avoiding the truth.  What is Lotus to them anyway? 

Short answer, aside from relaxing I imagine the Tenno would do a lot of thinking.  I can't wait for more story related elements to come out.  Gameplay's fun, but people live, breath, make, and follow story.  Of course, it's also a lot of fun to be trading this lore back and forth between the players.