Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companion system rework suggection

Zilotz

I have a suggestion of how to improve companions and make them less useless.

Types of companions right now:

Sentinel:

Good side - they are nice because they do not bug out somewhere during missions.

Bad side - cannot be revived, have extremely low health, makes them useless on high levels.

Kubrow:

Good side - Can use stats links, but mostly have underwhelming abilities.

Bad side - can easily bug out somewhere.

Kavats:

Good side - can strip armor, have not so bad abilities in general, can use stats links.

Bad side - can easily bug out somewhere.

Moa:

Good side - have nice abilities, can use stats links.

Bad side - can bug out somewhere, abilities are force-limited to 2.

Stats links(Health/Armor/Shield) are good but have a big downside for squeeshy frames.

What can we do for stat links: Let us do permanent stats links to specific build of selected frame, make them universal for all companion types.

How will it look: When putting a link we choose a warframe and then build. This will allow to run with Ember and having companion with health linked to Grendel at the same time.

Example: I plan to run mission with Ivara(which in my case has no survivability mods) but i want my companion to be going well and not die from every sneeze of enemy. I put in my Kavat Health link mod and link it to my Inaros with high health build.

Sentinel/moa weapons are underwhelming, also aiming is not good, sentinels have different shooting mods.

What can be done to fix this:

1) Improve those weapons stats(500 damage/sec minimum for non-crit and 250 damage/sec minimum for crit weapons).

2) Remove per-sentinel shooting mods(moas included), make 2 universal mods: Head/Weakspots Aim(100m max) and Body Aim(200m max), no not OP because at far distance accuracy/travel time/range limit will not let hit targets consistently.

3) Change aiming priority: 1) Shoot null bubbles(with head aim will target bubble drone) 2) Shoot arbitration drones 3) Shoot Ancients 4) Shoot units within 5m 5) Shoot heavy/eximus units 6) Shoot anything in range

Sentinel and their mods improvements:

Djinn: Respawn augment delay goes down to 5sec at max rank, Sacrifice mod will be blocked after use for 30 seconds.

Carrier: Passively generates one random ammo pickup every 5 seconds.

Dethcube: Vaporize damage and delay scales with mods on sentinel weapon.

Didriga: Arc coil will scale with mods on sentinel weapon.

Helios: New mod called Scientist can be used instead of Investigator, uses Simaris scanner only(and gives Simaris rep), scans everything possible to scan in 100m radius, Unranked delay 10sec, Rank10 delay 1 sec. This way it will provide passive Simaris rep and collect extracts automatically. Suggested place to find: Simaris rep shop for 50 000 rep.

Oxylus: Scan Matter mod should be replaced with Detect Wildlife: finds all forms of wildlife and their traces(poop and footprints(makes those easily visible when detected)) in 100m radius, if wildlife is detected marks them with unique marker(s) of green color which can be easily visible from distance.

Shade: Rework Ghost mod to have no cooldown and avoid breaking it on attack, will break invisibility only on making sounds(like Ivara's Prowl), enemy detect range becomes 20m.

Taxon: Molecular conversion will apply to BOTH warframe and Taxon, Plain 200 will change to 150+10% of warframe's shield capacity.

Wyrm: Negate will work permanently for Wyrm, Warframe and any allies in 5m. Crowd Dispersion will have 2 sec of delay and strip up to 40% armor per use(similar to corrosive procs).

Moas: Remove ability limit, let us use as many as we want(they take slots anyway).

Kubrow: New Kubrow mods: Cripple(reduces attacked enemy move speed by 90%, Targets priority: VIPs, Melee, Heavy) and Violent Bite(Creates a weakpoint, if you or your allies hit it all damage on this mob will be converted to forced Slash proc).

Kavats: Cat's Eye cooldown goes to 10sec.  Charm cooldown goes to 15 sec with chance 100% at max rank, we have too many random buffs there so let's make at least buff rolls guaranteed and more often. Draining Bite should work passively on every attack. Transfusion should have no cooldown, it is limited by your pet's health already and drains % of health.

Additionally i propose to add /unbug command similar to /unstuck command that will re-init pet's AI and teleport it to player's location.